• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefarno

I ... survived Sedona
Oct 27, 2017
To quote Keiji Inafune from his appearance in Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 - "You think you have money to burn!?"

Rockodile

Dec 7, 2018
Two first panels crack me up so much now lmao.
megamancomic.png

db9.jpg

Great Martinez Jr.

▲ Legend ▲
Feb 2, 2021
Mexico

As I was expecting. Gotta love how what originally seemed like interesting new technology has become a fertile ground for scammers and liars.

This. He was involved with an impressive number of classics and legendary IPs.
With Mighty No. 9 he did step on a large turd but that's hardly enough to call him a hack.
His curriculum is stellar otherwise.

I mean, don't get me wrong, there are certainly several aspects of him that deserve criticism, like the comments he made about the Japanese industry, some of the decisions he took while managing the Mega Man franchise, not to mention his involvement in the infamous "Westaboo" phase of Capcom in the late 00's.

Still, the hate towards him really seems disproportionate. If he had done something truly henious I'd get it, but he really didn't.

Ok, he mismanaged his crowdfunding campaign, delievered a mediocre product as a result and ultimately failed to fulfill all the backer's rewards or took ages to delivered them. But he was not a conman or a grifter out to deliberately scam people. His ego got the best out of him and he did a lot of mistakes, but wasn't operating out of genuine malice.

He certainly deserves criticism for the failure of MN9, but people just take it way too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.