• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BaldwinAce

Oct 28, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Been a while since I've been satisfied after being hyped up for anything that's Keighley related, I hope this breaks the "mold" in a sense.

If it's anything Nintendo, or exclusive to Xbox, I'mma be a sad man.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
wait

So its cool, fun and title ends with man

Rayman.........it has to be something related to Rayman

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
I dunno, in this day and age, I feel that more transparency is better than less, and this is rubbing me completely the wrong way. The environment we are all living in is not conducive to this type of "teaser."

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Wow, can't believe we are actually going to see the new Harry Potter game. Hype!

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
So with E3 cancelled, are publishers going to be doing these sort of individual game reveals over the next month or so?

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I dunno, in this day and age, I feel that more transparency is better than less, and this is rubbing me completely the wrong way. The environment we are all living in is not conducive to this type of "teaser."

yikes

Geoff: "We'll have an interview with a figure from the video games industry on Wednesday"
Era: "How dare you toy with our fragile emotional state in this time of crisis!"

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully some either Ghost of Tsushima related, PS5 or a new game reveal from one of the big boy / girl studios.

Oct 29, 2017
yikes

Geoff: "We'll have an interview with a figure from the video games industry on Wednesday"
Era: "How dare you toy with our fragile emotional state in this time of crisis!"

I think it's more like...

HEY E3 and Gamescom and press conferences and everything else we've known and loved for years have been canceled during a next-gen console drip-feedl/hype-cycle, and we've been lied to about "gameplay" reveals in just the last week by major industry players...

So yes please be excited about this "special something" with no context whatsoever.

Will be stoked to be pleasantly surprised on Wednesday.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I think it's more like...

HEY E3 and Gamescom and press conferences and everything else we've known and loved for years have been canceled during a next-gen console drip-feedl/hype-cycle, and we've been lied to about "gameplay" reveals in just the last week by major industry players...

You seem a little, uh, close to this.

So yes please be excited about this announcement with no context whatsoever.

I don't recall Geoff referring to Wednesday's interview as an "announcement," or asking people to be excited for it.

Sep 19, 2019
Hamburg- Germany
+interview with Geoff...

Am curious what he considers special though.

Not a big fan of scheduled events that basically say nothing abouth what to expect. At least info about publisher or developer would be nice.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Knack 3 baby! Followed by a Mark Cerny interview!

nah, it'll be like an indie dev interview

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Probably just himself in front of a mirror.
ygh9fqq696v21.png

Seriously though, looking forward to whatever it is. With no sports, no new movies in cinemas, i'd enjoy and interview for games i'm not even interrested in.

Oct 25, 2017
Today: Mega Man Legends 3 - Resurrected trailer
Tomorrow: MML3 gameplay + interview with Kyle Bosman how it feels like to see this happen

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Elden Ring gameplay trailer with release date (Fall 2020) followed by an interview with Miyazaki.

He referred to Sekiro as something special at the TGA.

Guaranteed. 🤗

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Interview with Geoff... does that mean he is being interviewed or does he lead an interview with game developers?

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Although Keighley is trying to bolster the hype and invites speculation by not telling us what specific game and developer this event is regarding, people should stop expecting all events to be for some big game. Secrets and surprises are inherently enticing and exciting, and much of this hype is just fun and games, but I'd temper my actual expectations. Or likely will just lead to disappointment and general negativity, could be unfair towards whoever the developer ends up being.

I think it's Batman.

Last edited:

MBABuddha

Banned
Dec 10, 2019
I would definitely agree, so I think he's taken that into account with his wording.
"Event"
"Showcase"
"With interview"

all make this sound like a medium-to- pretty big deal. Would be a mountain of backlash if not.
At the very least if the developer behind said showcase wants to show "gameplay" Geoff will ensure that it really is, you know, gameplay.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I respect Keighley's hustle.

And yes, people should sTop expecting every single Announcement to Be Batman.
ALthough it's also kind of...thEy're obviously not TElling us who or what this is iN order to drum up iNterest.
Secrets and surprISes are inherently enticing and exciting. But it kind of encourages people 2 think it might be Batman.

I had to throw this into notepad and still have no idea what you said lol

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you lot are conflating the announcement today with an unrelated showcase and interview tomorrow.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I respect Keighley's hustle.

And yes, people should sTop expecting every single Announcement to Be Batman.
ALthough it's also kind of...thEy're obviously not TElling us who or what this is iN order to drum up iNterest.
Secrets and surprISes are inherently enticing and exciting. But it kind of encourages people 2 think it might be Batman.

I K ' . A , T A B B . AL ' ... E ' TE N N . S IS . B 2 B .

Quick someone find the hidden message!!!

Wait,

Does that say table tennis is back??!!!!

OH SHIT

The rockstar reveal is going to be table tennis 2???!!! BBRRRUUUHHHHHH

Status
Not open for further replies.