• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Corrupt

Shinra Employee
Oct 31, 2017
Watching the guys at Giantbomb trying to hold PS5s up to the camera one-handed so they can compared things to its size is pretty great, it's pretty chunky

OP
OP
Real

Real

Oct 28, 2017
ElVYn1PWMAAx7nK

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Watched the Engadget video...Screwing the plate on isn't really that much of a pain lol...I have had to do the same when setting up my monitors or TVs since like forever. I get their point that it's an extra step but seems something silly to count as a negative?

Macross

Nov 5, 2017
USA
There is no Dutch equivalence. Stream is literally the way we use to say this, the Dutch 'stroom' would only be used in the context of current/flow.
So it isn't because Stream is some proper word, but because it doesn't have an equivalent. It is a running area of water, how is their not dutch version, they are all about the water. I need to talk to my brother in law I think ;p

markavacado

Oct 25, 2017
Watched the Engadget video...Screwing the plate on isn't really that much of a pain lol...I have had to do the same when setting up my monitors or TVs since like forever. I get their point that it's an extra step but seems something silly to count as a negative?
Seemed like a really weird thing to focus on. I mean it's one damn screw lmao.

Raven Prime

Oct 31, 2017
So it isn't because Stream is some proper word, but because it doesn't have an equivalent. It is a running area of water, how is their not dutch version, they are all about the water. I need to talk to my brother in law I think ;p

It would be stroming in the context of rivers. But talking about 'inhoud stroming' or 'inhoud stroom' just doesn't make sense. Languages can be closely related, and copying certain expressions one on one can still be hard to pull off. When a certain loanword has a certain connotation, then it's used for that sole purpose and removes all confusion.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, you could use it that way. A creek, or other small waterways, could be called a 'stroom', because it is a flow of water. In tech terms, listening to music on spotify is 'streaming' music, watching a movie on Netflix is 'streaming' a movie. The act of providing a live video feed on Twitch would be 'streaming'.

But to make it complicated, a stream of data, would be a 'datastroom'.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Man it freaking dwarfs the Series X. If I end up owning both these machines I'm probably gonna completely redo my AV setup.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Yeah that makes sense, I remember being happy about getting 'one' game and playing that for hours. But I guess now that I keep buying fancy new tech, all the packaging stuff to me is a waste I guess.
I actually really appreciate install times. I don't need it to be in 10 seconds. If it takes 5 minutes, no problem. That install time this gen was for me looking at the game box cover and back cover and also looking at collectors edition contents. We don't get manual booklets anymore but oh well haha.

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
I actually really appreciate install times. I don't need it to be in 10 seconds. If it takes 5 minutes, no problem. That install time this gen was for me looking at the game box cover and back cover and also looking at collectors edition contents. We don't get manual booklets anymore but oh well haha.
Install times will probably take a few still so don't worry about that :P Bluray drives are pretty slow to read and unless you have NASA's internet you'll still have to wait a bit to download a game. But yeah I agree, I sorely miss those booklets. Towards the end of the 7th gen the booklets were either missing or barebones 'here's how to play the game' stuff. Real shame.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Install times will probably take a few still so don't worry about that :P Bluray drives are pretty slow to read and unless you have NASA's internet you'll still have to wait a bit to download a game. But yeah I agree, I sorely miss those booklets. Towards the end of the 7th gen the booklets were either missing or barebones 'here's how to play the game' stuff. Real shame.
I have 940mbps internet actually, and all my games downloaded in like 90 seconds or less on PSN the last few years. The issue was the dreaded COPY DATA period which literally took an hour for me for COD updates that were like a few GB. But yeah I am not complaining haha. Soon on PS5 this issue will not exist.

The PS2 booklets were the best it ever was IMO, / the boxarts. But I always appreciate a good PlayStation or Square Enix product steelbook or collection.