• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Digital Foundry got their PS5,

IMG-20201027-WA0000.jpg

Let the fun commence.
Finally! No more "when's DF gonna get one" concern lol

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Review embargo might refer to final thoughts. I am sure they are actually able to show more than just the unboxing between today and the 6th November.
I imagine there'll be individual embargoes for games. Like we'll probably see Dirt 5 on PS5 soonish?
Which should be exciting, as that would be the first head to head we can see (although I'm betting that game runs/looks basically the same on XSX and PS5)

CrazyNomad

Banned
Jan 22, 2020
Review embargo might refer to final thoughts. I am sure they are actually able to show more than just the unboxing between today and the 6th November.
yeah, i edited my post to reflect that.. guess it will be like the series X, they will be able to show a few games running on BC mode and show how fast the system boots up

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Era seems to be the only place where people have somehow accepted a multibillion dollar company is purposefully holding back marketing of their console to the week of release, rather than showcasing its features/games ahead to drum up hype.

This. Amongst all the "concern" and complaining, the fact that we're getting these consoles at all this year given everything that has happened is nothing short of a miracle.

It would be nice if Era remembered that us playing these things in November is a testament to the hard work in the face of ridiculous circumstances of the people at Sony and MS, rather than posting "where's muh ui?!?!" Every other week...

Deleted member 8688

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So much concern over the weekend and yet EU outlets including DF and NX Gamer now have PS5s in hand.

Also did people not notice that MS also had a drip feed embargo for Series X content? And where the fuck is Series S? It's out in two weeks!

Roll on 12pm GMT 🤣

Edit: fixed the embargo time.

Last edited:

oRuin

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the concern can now be put to rest. Again.
Currently watching Giantbombs unboxing / first stream of the PS4. Seems like yesterday honestly.

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Congrats NXGamer for getting PS5, you're doing a fantastic work on your videos. It will be interesting to watch your reviews and DF as well.

Oct 28, 2017
So much concern over the weekend and yet EU outlets including DF and NX Gamer now have PS5s in hand.

Also did people not notice that MS also had a drip feed embargo for Series X content? And where the fuck is Series S? It's out in two weeks!

Roll on 1pm GMT 🤣

I think we'd settle for just HALF of the content we've seen of the Series X. People have had it in their homes for weeks, showing impressions of it running. As for the S, we've seen a few games run on it. In fact, they've released comparison videos for the load times for backward compatible games.

We've seen boxes of the PS5.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
I know it is Dutch. I am wondering why they use the English "Stream" instead of the Dutch "Stroom". It seems an odd word to not use the native version of.
There is no Dutch equivalence. Stream is literally the way we use to say this, the Dutch 'stroom' would only be used in the context of current/flow.

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
What does Xbox giving them lots of access have to do with anything? You realize that just you can just enjoy both consoles right? While in this fantasy land where fanboys pick and choose what to enjoy there's a whole other world where people get to just enjoy it all because who cares. The same way Jeff Grub likes PlayStation as well, just because he said some good stuff about Xbox doesn't mean shit. Same with digital foundry.

I have both now and will have both in November, I was just saying MS like to kiss their arse. That's what it feels like to me.

Since when is MS preventing Sony from sending PS5 hardware and software to DF ?

Who said that? I responded to a comment saying DF aren't showing Sony any love.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
No worries, I'm shit with timezones so I assumed I was the one messing up the conversion lol

Lets all gather and prepare
Campfire.gif

Kinda bug and kinda snack...

I have both now and will have both in November, I was just saying MS like to kiss their arse. That's what it feels like to me.

Who said that? I responded to a comment saying DF aren't showing Sony any love.

You misread. The comment was saying Sony wasn't showing DF any love, as in, why is it taking Sony so long to send DF a PS5?

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
3 minutes until we find out this was nothing, and Keighley was just letting everyone know he's more of a morning person.