• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No one has digital edition? It looks like DE will be a super exclusive club. Would be funny if DE ends up costing more than regular PS5 on price gauging websites.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
There's a whole market on youtube for people unboxing toys! I never realized how big it was until my nephew and all his friends were talking about them. They even watch a guy who does nothing but open a pile of childrens DVD cases one by one, showing the disc and then putting it back in the pile. How is that entertaining??

www.wsj.com

Walmart, Target Embrace 8-Year-Old YouTube Influencer’s Brand

Ryan Kaji made his name opening toys in YouTube videos, amassing 23 million subscribers to his Ryan’s World channel and more than $20 million a year in advertising revenue.

That's why we aren't millionaires.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason people think Sony hasn't shipped PS5s to Europe?

of course they're having them shipped. But if you have an embargo you normally aim to get things to everyone so they all have a fair crack at getting things filmed/written so they can go live at the same time. We've seen a week of US places posting shots of boxes, but nothing from Europe. So its not unreasonable to think they're coming in later (seemingly today) - which is still a little late for unboxing vs US.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
of course they're having them shipped. But if you have an embargo you normally aim to get things to everyone so they all have a fair crack at getting things filmed/written so they can go live at the same time. We've seen a week of US places posting shots of boxes, but nothing from Europe. So its not unreasonable to think they're coming in later (seemingly today) - which is still a little late for unboxing vs US.

they are all over Europe.. just check this guys twitter.

nikasun :D

Oct 30, 2017
I just want a definitive answer about the adapter for the PS4 Camera for PSVR compatibility. Game Informer put out an article where they used the phrase "included with every system", but that contradicts the box photos that list the contents.
I am guessing that they will put a form online to request an adaptor.

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
It's when you have a job

oof-disappointed.gif

one

Nov 30, 2017
When you unbox the PS5 box, there will be another box to unbox with another embargo.

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
No one has digital edition? It looks like DE will be a super exclusive club. Would be funny if DE ends up costing more than regular PS5 on price gauging websites.
Fucking this. I'm quietly preparing additional €100 just in case I don't get my upfront paid for PS5DE. But in that case I'll just stick with Series X for the time being, I don't need this ugly fat PS5 in my room.

Oct 28, 2017
The only reason I can think of why they'd want to delay any hands on is because the firmware update isn't ready yet. So whatever OS/UI is operating on the retail units right now is not the one Sony demoed a week ago.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Because PS5 isn't matte black.

Used to tell my parents this but they were like "nope you can't open it before Christmas Day".
I'm choosing not to unbox mine until Christmas day so I have something to look forwards too. Was supposed to be flying home to England this year for a family Christmas but that won't be happening.

Oct 28, 2017
Or they want to spread out the info for the next couple weeks.

Considering how they've not behaved this way before, it's unlikely that this is a deliberate marketing choice. For instance, Sony's head of UX development promised we'd hear about the UI "soon" in late June. It took several months for them to show it, and he emphasised the "finally" in his commentary suggests - again - this was not by design.

Era seems to be the only place where people have somehow accepted a multibillion dollar company is purposefully holding back marketing of their console to the week of release, rather than showcasing its features/games ahead to drum up hype.

Don't take my word for it. Look at Sony's promotion of the PS4.

The embargo of hands-on impressions may suggest the firmware hasn't been installed on the retail machines yet.

Wakka212

Oct 30, 2017
How do we know it's ONLY an unboxing and no other feature preview or impressions? Maybe some other games impressions...I hopeee

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Considering how they've not behaved this way before, it's unlikely that this is a deliberate marketing choice. For instance, Sony's head of UX development promised we'd hear about the UI "soon" in late June. It took several months for them to show it, and he emphasised the "finally" in his commentary suggests - again - this was not by design.

Era seems to be the only place where people have somehow accepted a multibillion dollar company is purposefully holding back marketing of their console to the week of release, rather than showcasing its features/games ahead to drum up hype.

The embargo of hands-on impressions may suggest the firmware hasn't been installed on the retail machines yet.

There's a pandemic going on. Sony had kiosks being assembled back in February for people to play the PS5 but everything changed.
"Soon" means nothing. Could be a week, could be 6 months.
Embargoes are typical and even MS have them. They are around 2 weeks earlier than Sony with these things.

It's not a race. Everything is going well. Seriously...people are reading too much into these things.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017

That's not remotely Occam's razor.

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
9310d54ff33b478039766fdc7dac7dc2_w200.gif

This hype for a simple unboxing kinda feels dirty for us in Europe knowing we're on the brink of a another round of lockdowns... who the fuck knows if stores will be open by nov 19th.

Hope they put out worthwhile news soonish

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017

I won't take your word for it because this seems rather convoluted when the answer is simple as,"There is a global pandemic affecting every aspect of life and business".