• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Did DF do an unboxing of the XSX? I hope they get a PS5 soon but impressions/games etc is what I want from them so missing an unboxing isn't the end of the world (still dumb to not have shipped to European sites)

Indy_Rex

Banned
Sep 20, 2020
The lack of Digital Foundry love from Sony is really starting to piss me off

Just because you haven't heard anything doesn't mean it isn't a thing, just saying.

We didn't know DF had access to XB hardware until the embargo was lifted, likewise for the RTX cards.

(Also, we know John and Richard and Alex have been communicating with Sony and know more than they've let on.)

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
XBOX kiss their arse so it's hardly surprising. They were raving about the RT implementation on Miles Morales though.
What does Xbox giving them lots of access have to do with anything? You realize that just you can just enjoy both consoles right? While in this fantasy land where fanboys pick and choose what to enjoy there's a whole other world where people get to just enjoy it all because who cares. The same way Jeff Grub likes PlayStation as well, just because he said some good stuff about Xbox doesn't mean shit. Same with digital foundry.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
John said they're expecting a PS5 very very soon, and I don't think he's saying that with just hopes and dreams. Kinda Funny (Greg and Blessing) said they were regularly checking their shipping tracking to pick up their PS5s which means they were aware and informed ahead of time of their PS5s being delivered to them, I assume it's on the way for DF.

Japan outlets just got their PS5s today. PlayStation Access ( based in UK) got theirs yesterday.

From Engadget Japan:

Dalto11

Oct 27, 2017
This is going to be the most HD unboxing ever lol The quality of this dude's content is crazy.

I know some people dismiss him because they don't feel like he reviews with as in-depth or as critical of opinions as some do - but I don't think anyone would ever argue that the man and his team don't have one hell of a knack for cinematography. I personally love his content, and the one thing I always love to take the time to appreciate is how well it is all filmed and framed, from lighting to color balanced backgrounds. Looking forward tot he shots he pulls off with this, even if it isn't matte black lol.

Camisado

Nov 3, 2017
Just because you haven't heard anything doesn't mean it isn't a thing, just saying.

We didn't know DF had access to XB hardware until the embargo was lifted, likewise for the RTX cards.

(Also, we know John and Richard and Alex have been communicating with Sony and know more than they've let on.)

Fair point, It's just been frustrating to see with the consoles being so close now.

Looking forward to them really diving deep into it when they do start though.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
DF getting it a day or two earlier doesn't change the embargo that matters to their coverage anyway, which as far as we know - is 6th November.

DF already gets some level of special treatment from Sony, given their early access to the Mark Cerny Road to PS5 technical info and the PS5 UI walkthrough. That being said, DF doesn't get "everything" - just as how they didn't get the teardown video and stuff.

Just chill.

Sep 11, 2018
People are getting way too upset over an unboxing video. I'm sure we'll get the other information in the coming days before launch.

Venom.

Oct 26, 2017
London
hoursinpaint.jpg

That's great, it looks like the whole studio is having a party to celebrate the arrival of a single PS5!

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Regardless of not showing games an embargo for taking something out of a box is farcical!

I cannot fathom a manufacturer sending something out and telling people that they can't show the item just being removed from it's packaging until some specific date.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
I cannot fathom a manufacturer sending something out and telling people that they can't show the item just being removed from it's packaging until some specific date.

Because plenty of outlets hasn't even gotten it... at its specific date.

As far as we know, outlets based in France, UK, Japan and Italy has only gotten their PS5s in the last 24 hours.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
I know some people dismiss him because they don't feel like he reviews with as in-depth or as critical of opinions as some do - but I don't think anyone would ever argue that the man and his team don't have one hell of a knack for cinematography. I personally love his content, and the one thing I always love to take the time to appreciate is how well it is all filmed and framed, from lighting to color balanced backgrounds. Looking forward tot he shots he pulls off with this, even if it isn't matte black lol.

But I think that's why he has such a wide appeal. The effort he puts into the production is really up there, and he always says his goal is to keep improving so that people can almost feel like they have the device in their own hands, which is a perfectly valid way to present a product and why he doesn't have to go SUPER in-depth (not that he doesn't do sufficient analysis mind you).

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
A friend who always follow a very reputable Italian journalist said that during a live he hinted that the unboxing is today and that there's something big scheduled on Thursday, will try to find that live myself today.

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017
This should be unboxing. Rumours are unboxing 28th and then launch games sprinkled up until a final embargo on 6th for "other stuff"

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Regardless of not showing games an embargo for taking something out of a box is farcical!

You can't fathom sending out a product to lots of different places where it arrives at different times, depending on the location, and then saying "hold off until X date so everyone can unbox at the same time cohesively"? Sounds like you should fathom a little harder.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Unboxing videos have been huge things since forever.

I remember watching many of those unboxing collector's edition videos for various games back in the days when I actually bought those things.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Because plenty of outlets hasn't even gotten it... at its specific date.

As far as we know, outlets based in France, UK, Japan and Italy has only gotten their PS5s in the last 24 hours.
You can't fathom sending out a product to lots of different places where it arrives at different times, depending on the location, and then saying "hold off until X date so everyone can unbox at the same time cohesively"? Sounds like you should fathom a little harder.
Good point. I just don't see the excitement of making a big deal of taking something out of a box and not being allowed to use it but I guess it's a big deal for others.

Ganja

Jan 9, 2020
A friend who always follow a very reputable Italian journalist said that during a live he hinted that the unboxing is today and that there's something big scheduled on Thursday, will try to find that live myself today.
Unboxing in diretta alle 13:00 sul canale twich di everyeye e credo che l'embargo valga per tutti i siti

Jimbobsmells

Nov 17, 2017
Unboxing videos have been huge things since forever.

I remember watching many of those unboxing collector's edition videos for various games back in the days when I actually bought those things.
There's a whole market on youtube for people unboxing toys! I never realized how big it was until my nephew and all his friends were talking about them. They even watch a guy who does nothing but open a pile of childrens DVD cases one by one, showing the disc and then putting it back in the pile. How is that entertaining??

Oct 25, 2017
October 23: You can show the box
October 27: You can show the PS5 outside the box
October 29: You can show the PS5 with cables connected
October 31: You can show yourself turning on the PS5 (no screen), watch it go brrr
November 3: You can show the PS5 UI
November 8: You can finally show gameplay from a PS5

Drip feed all the info with lots of embargo dates for maximum hype

this is a joke i hope you saw that

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
October 31: You can show yourself turning on the PS5 (no screen), watch it go brrr

every video would get >5 million views and a thread on here about it.

Oghuz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope it is more than just unboxing. I mean we've already seen a Japanese man tear down a PS5 so just unboixng is boring.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You joke but it's probably on point lol