• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
I cant get hyped about an unboxing video... I will be asleep at 5am. Wake me up when DF gets one.

Oct 25, 2017
C'mon! Literally the only thing I want to know is if SSD with read speeds up to 10Gb/s will actually make a difference in PS4 loading times! I'm literally just waiting on this to buy either a 10Gb/s or a 5Gb/s SSD!

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
"What's in the box!!!!!" -Brad Pitt
tenor.gif

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Unboxing is not a thing I am interested in since we know what's going to be in the box. We know what everything looks like. I know some people love these though.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Heh watch it be that they're really just unboxing the accessories.

GeeDuhb

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'm really hoping they can at least show/give impressions of the DualSense in addition to unboxing. That is honestly one of the things I am most interested in, considering that virtually no one (outside the Japanese press from the hands on wave a few weeks back) has even touched the controller because of the pandemic. That is just absolutely unheard of, especially when during normal times, the console would have been all over the place at different cons/events the past 6 months.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
C'mon! Literally the only thing I want to know is if SSD with read speeds up to 10Gb/s will actually make a difference in PS4 loading times! I'm literally just waiting on this to buy either a 10Gb/s or a 5Gb/s SSD!
The USB port isn't capable of reading more then 1250 Megabytes a second at its theoretical maximum. The difference in loading times of a ps4 game on a 500 MB/s drive vs a 1250 MB/s drive will likely be impossible to notice without breaking out a timer. Like 10 sec vs 8.5 second type stuff. Just get the largest ssd you can afford not the fastest. Twice the read speed does not mean twice as fast loading times. Just like with how PS5 loading speeds won't be twice as fast as Series X, it will be faster but that just isn't how tech scales usually.

Save the extra money for the internal ssd and just get the largest usb ssd you can afford. Obviously is the price is very close and the capacity is the same then get the faster one.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Unboxing is not a thing I am interested in since we know what's going to be in the box. We know what everything looks like. I know some people love these though.
Unboxing videos aren't really about seeing what's in the box. Maybe 10 years ago it was. Nowadays it's about watching a person's first reactions to the hardware. Design, build quality, size, etc.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
which of this thread's posts should I reply to directly...

I'm not crazy right? Embargos like this are better for the media, and that's a big reason they exist? So instead of some random person throwing up a instant reaction video 5 minutes after they get the delivery everyone has a chance to do their thing and have an idea of when it can go live?

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Guys. Unboxing for us is uninteresting, but think of it as this way: It makes it fairer when it comes to coverage from US vs rest of the world. Imagine if the US could talk about a lot of stuff while other outlets just got theirs. That'd be very unfair.

Oct 25, 2017
The USB port isn't capable of reading more then 1250 Megabytes a second at its theoretical maximum. The difference in loading times of a ps4 game on a 500 MB/s drive vs a 1250 MB/s drive will likely be impossible to notice without breaking out a timer. Like 10 sec vs 8.5 second type stuff. Just get the largest ssd you can afford not the fastest. Twice the read speed does not mean twice as fast loading times. Just like with how PS5 loading speeds won't be twice as fast as Series X, it will be faster but that just isn't how tech scales usually.

Save the extra money for the internal ssd and just get the largest usb ssd you can afford. Obviously is the price is very close and the capacity is the same then get the faster one.

I see, thanks for the insight. I assumed that it would make a difference due to the speed of the USB port.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
I'm really hoping they can at least show/give impressions of the DualSense in addition to unboxing. That is honestly one of the things I am most interested in, considering that virtually no one (outside the Japanese press from the hands on wave a few weeks back) has even touched the controller because of the pandemic. That is just absolutely unheard of, especially when during normal times, the console would have been all over the place at different cons/events the past 6 months.
You've missed some recent videos. One guy even disassembled the Dualsense.

hasher

Oct 10, 2020
I couldn't be less interested in opening the box. Show me how PS4 games are improved on the new hardware. That's what I wanna see.

Gradly

Nov 11, 2017
I hope it's more than just unboxing. We already saw the console and controller, what else? The cables 😬

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No one will forget it, but the views of unboxing videos that comes 2-4 days later than the US-based outlets will be significantly lower.

Yeah, I can see the effect of controlling the time at which the floodgates will open, I suppose.

Not like there's a lot coming out of those gates, but the thirst is such that it may just feel like a flood 🤷‍♂️

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
These embargoes are dumb but I kinda see why they have them.

I'll also watch every single video lol.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
You've missed some recent videos. One guy even disassembled the Dualsense.

Except he didn't get it from Sony and didn't have a PS5, so couldn't give impressions on the actual "sense" features.

I have to join the choir here. I don't care about unboxings, but I guess they drive traffic. Just hope we don't have to wait too long before they're allowed to show other stuff.

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
When we say "tomorrow", does that mean today? Because when this thread was posted it was like 12:25am for me.

Stickman

Oct 27, 2017
I still can't believe the European press is left out of all of this because of the later launch date as if the internet isn't a thing.

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
Living in Europe I feel like a time traveler, some hours ahead of Americans hehe.

Then I remember that PS5 is coming 1 week later and I just cry in the corner.