• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Give an award to Smash. It wasn't eligible last year, I hope they won't overlook it just because it'll be 12 months old.

Anyway, hype. Love Geoff and this show. 2017 TGA stays the best one, but last year had its great moments too.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Always look forward to this night! Maybe special recognition for Reggie? Lifetime achievement award?

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
God, I remember sitting at work watching the last TGAs on my final day before being let go. I've spent the subsequent 9 months unemployed.
What an unpleasant reminder.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to see the biggest handjob ever performed to Kojima. Exciting announcements!

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Here's hoping for some more info on Elden Ring and an appearance from WB Motreal with a new DC game.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
He'll never call them this himself but honestly we should start calling these awards "The Keighleys" because honestly Geoff Keighley deserves it.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Even with the flaws I love watching the Keighleys (Keighlies?).

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Congrats to Keighley. I've enjoyed the show the last few years, it's really gotten much better.

BOTW2 pweez.

Prime 4 teaser at all possible? They should do a teaser and be like come back next year for a full trailer.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
"And the award for Best Appearance by Geoff Keighley in a Hideo Kojima goes to...."...and then Kojima presents him the award...20 minutes before the show starts.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Elden Ring let's go.

F6CigGL.jpg

Also Sekiro GOTY.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
Best event of the year, looking forward to this.
I hope we get to see Kojima and Geoff kiss on-stage this year, Kojima blushing and going "Baka..." on Keighley.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only things you should expect from Nintendo

-BotW 2 trailer
-Smash character reveal
-Bayonetta 3
-new game

Some combination of these is all I would expect.

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
My 6 nominees:

Smash Ultimate. 93
RE2. 91
SEKIRO. 90
FE3H. 89
LM3. 90
DEATH STRANDING. 95

Wait, can Smash make it?

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Sweet. If I had to make a swing for guessing this year's GOTY nominees -

- Death Stranding
- Gears 5
- Resident Evil 2
- Control
- Fire Emblem: Whatever This Game Is Called
- Doom Eternal (if eligible)

DmC V, Jedi Fallen Order, CoD: Modern Warfare, Sekiro, Outer Worlds and Outer Wilds all also have an outside chance at nomination.
Doesn't the Indie of the year always get a nom (or is it the other way around, where if you see an indie on GOTY, you already know who's gonna win the indie category)? I think Outer Wilds has a decent chance at a nom. (Actually, I forget if TGA noms rewards consensus or passion. Possibly the nom = passion, win = consensus? Who knows lol. nvm)

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
I want Kojima introduction montage part 2 and Geoff to kiss him on the cheek when he comes out.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Joker Smash reveal is still etched vividly into my memory.

KingDrool

Oct 27, 2017
I expect Death Stranding to be nominated for and win every category, and Kojima to be immortalized in bronze. Keighley will be nominated for Best Acting in a Video Game (Fueled by Dew), but Death Stranding will win. (You read that right).

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Props to Geoff! Slowly but surely these awards are getting the prestige of the industry. Hoping for some big megatons, especially from Nintendo with a Bayo 3 full reveal for example. It's been two freaking years of radio silence...

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Why aren't the game awards held at a later date? Why do they cut off late November/December games?

Something like, say, DOOM Eternak will most likely be left out in the cold.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I can't wait for the Trending Gamer curse to strike again! Which internet douchebag will do something terrible next year? Find out on The Game Awards!

I hope it's not a self-indulgent anniversary show where they spend half the time reminiscing about previous shows. Unless, of course, they include Joel McHale and Mick Gordon segments, and those people at that table that were really excited about the McDonalds fries.