• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
I like my vita a lot and still play it from time to time. My 1000 is on 3.60 and hackable but there are 2000s that can be hacked as well so I'm wondering if it's worth seeing my old vita and getting the newer one. I know I lose the OLED but I get better battery life and a much lighter and easier to hold Vita... So what would you all do?

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I prefer everything on the slim. Better cord, better buttons, better battery, and yes, better screen. That OLED was a gimmick and most games look better on the regular old LCD.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
the vita 2000 is more future proof with micro usb and and led over oled panel that will degrade over time

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Pros and cons for the different Vitas:

+/- OLED screen
+ PSVSD support (3G model only)
- proprietary charger
- less battery life

+ Better battery
+ microUSB charging
+/- LCD screen (debatable which is better, LCD looks great when colorspace is unlocked)
- no PSVSD (using microSD cards blocks game card slot)

Pick your poison.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I kept my OG launch vita, and I have a white Assassins Creed bundle Vita. I wish I never got rid of the launch PSP. ugh.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I had a 3G OLED Vita and replaced it with a Slim Vita when I got robbed and it got stolen. Sure there's no OLED on the slims, but the color calibration on the LCD is really good. Mix that with the micro-usb and better battery, and the slim becomes a no brainer

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
There's no one answer for a PSP that plays UMDs unlike the Vita where I feel time has proven out the Slim as the superior model.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I really want a Vita Slim, I have 2 OLEDs and could trade one in but i'd rather not.
Guess i'll just wait and see if there's ever a deal on a slim.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I sold a 3G unit for good money when OLED Vitas weren't being shipped to the US anymore.

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
Get a slim. While its not an OLED i think its way better (more comfy, better battery life, micro usb charging).

I personally own a launch Vita and I would love to get a 2000, but its pretty much non existent already from where I reside in.

OLED colors maybe richer, but sooner or later there will be screen burn in issues. My own set already has some weird fade / burn in marks at the bottom of the screen, not really visible during playing but its very obvious when the display is off.

Deleted member 39353

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 1, 2018
Good god, keep your OLED vita. I don't care what anyone says, that LCD absolutely cannot compare and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. At the very least, try out a Vita 2000 side by side and see if you are actually okay with it.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
I would keep the 1k and buy a 2k. And also a PSTV but those things are goddamn pricey now.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember when people kept saying "dat OLED" about everything coming to Vita.

I haven't tried the revision but the OLED is like one of the very few things I like about the Vita, and I seriously doubt an LCD panel could compare.

Shado

Oct 26, 2017
Oled vita vs LCD vita is night and day diffference interms of the screen quality. I have multiple vitas and regret not buying additional oled ones over the slim ones.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
OLED colors maybe richer, but sooner or later there will be screen burn in issues. My own set already has some weird fade / burn in marks at the bottom of the screen, not really visible during playing but its very obvious when the display is off.
I got the burns too, but they're only ever visible when the screen turns pitch black so it doesn't really matter or get in the way of playing. Hell, I got used to them like you do to freckles on your face, no biggie. They're like loading screens companions.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
MicroUSB is a plus?! What did they have on the original, a bare wire that you had to lick?

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
My vote goes for the 2K model. I have multiple vita units still but sold my original launch 1k unit. I just find the weight and comfortability so much better on the 2k unit. The screen is still really solid on the 2k (more so than most devices).

Rukes

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I prefer the 2000 by far, but there is still a big market for people who love the OLED on the 1000. You can probably sell it to cover most of the cost of going to 2000

Oct 27, 2017
IMO if you already had a thing that works then don't replace it.

My only worry would be that proprietary cable.

I would use my Slim Vita more if my fucking 32GB card didnt die on me :(