• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 30, 2017
Geez, people all tripping over themselves over such an answer? In reference to nothing specific too.

And to go as far as simple as call him a white man too?

Us asian aren't ever shit.

Oct 25, 2017
This dude makes an off the cuff statement in an interview about a movie and people just assume the worst
Great job, ERA

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah lol, this is just some random internet quote set to a picture:

28be9a8c392297705ac9783c1cba02e4.png

x68J5993.webp

You get these all the time, usually with Vin Diesel for some reason.

Nov 8, 2017
So I tried to track down the interview.

www.youtube.com

Keanu Reeves John Wick 2 Interview

The actor talks about his love for all things John Wick, his memories of Dangerous Liaisons and shooting Repilcas in Puerto Rico

This is where the background clip comes from in the tweet. The quote doesn't appear in it - he just gets asked questions by the interviewer about the movie, and about the experience of shooting something in Puerto Rico. He never says anything like that in it.

If this is something he said, then it was from a different interview, not the one the screen caps are taken from.

I googled the quote, and after some cursory searching I can't find any attribution for the quote outside of meme screencaps, which are often paired with unrelated photos of Keanu. The same quote also appears not attributed to Keanu, with other people's photos or no pictures at all. I can't find an actual interview it came from or the origin of the quote.

It's not like I've searched every interview ever, but is anyone aware of where this actually came from? Because my instinct right now is that it's not something he said.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
There is no context that he ever said this. lol

It's just some random quote.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
LMAO Era...come on...y'all got fooled by a meme image

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell did I stumble on, this was from a John wick 2 interview from almost 3 years ago.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

www.youtube.com

The actor talks about his love for all things John Wick, his memories of Dangerous Liaisons and shooting Repilcas in Puerto Rico

This is where the background clip comes from in the tweet. The quote doesn't appear in it - he just gets asked questions by the interviewer about the movie, and about the experience of shooting something in Puerto Rico. He never says anything like that in it.

If this is something he said, then it was from a different interview, not the one the screen caps are taken from.

I googled the quote, and after some cursory searching I can't find any attribution for the quote outside of meme screencaps, which are often paired with unrelated photos of Keanu. I can't find an actual interview it came from.

It's not like I've searched every interview ever, but is anyone aware of where this actually came from? Because my instinct right now is that it might not actually be something he ever said, lol.
Aight lock it up here fam

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

www.youtube.com

I googled the quote, and after some cursory searching I can't find any attribution for the quote outside of meme screencaps, which are often paired with unrelated photos of Keanu. The same quote also appears not attributed to Keanu, with other people's photos or no pictures at all. I can't find an actual interview it came from or the origin of the quote.

It's not like I've searched every interview ever, but is anyone aware of where this actually came from? Because my instinct right now is that it's not something he said.

Reset Era falling for fake news?

They would... never.

Oct 27, 2017
So, I was actually curious as to the source of this quote and I can't find it anywhere online, it's only on pintetest posts and the like and they're all attributed to Keanu but no actual source. The quote is not said anywhere in the interview in the tweet, the interview is a lot more up beat about John Wick 2. In fact, this quote is super imposed on multiple pictures of Keanu from multiple interviews.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
I'm kinda with Keanu on this one, on certain topics.
You ever come across a post on Era or Discord or whatever that's stupid and you know you can prove it, but you just can't be bothered? Yeah.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017

www.youtube.com

B-b-b-b-but he COULD have said it!!!1

/s

Oct 27, 2017

www.youtube.com

I did the same, I'm leaning towards this being fake and not actually said by him, it would've been on the first page of google search if it was real, I've found nothing on page 5 (out of 5) and most are pinterest links.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you guys outraged that someone doesn't like to get sucked into bullshit waste of time arguments? I aspire to ignore them but I always get sucked in

BTW it's likely that quote is made up anyway, audio clip or he never said it

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

www.youtube.com

OMG EVEN BETTER

Love y'all, truly

AbsoluteZ3R0

Feb 5, 2019
I think it means more so pick your battle. As a minority I am not gonna argue with random people on twitter but if someone did make some sort of racist comment at work to me, you can bet that I am reporting to the HR. I don't spend time arguing if I know it won't achieve anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.