• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017

EtBRVJiWMAQTMlJ
EtBRVJiXAAIsabF

if everyone took that approach, social media would be a whole bunch more friendly.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
Well, that's a pretty privileged position to get to take.

Also, feels pretty fuckin boring

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
that's pretty much how I live my life, but that's because I'm an anti-social bastard that just wants to be left alone.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
the man lived through so much tragedy and was able to keep going with his chin up. What a god damn trooper. 1+1 does equal 5.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Edit: nm he didn't say this

Last edited:

Heraldic

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Ugh, real life Keanu sounds like a man without principles. I'll take movie Keanu.

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do people think when he say 1+1=5 means he's talking about progressive arguments? If anything he would be highlighting ignorance with that kind of statement.

deejay8595

Oct 30, 2017
I'm not gonna *really* take umbrage with this, since I get wanting to do what makes you happy. And that does sound great, and Keanu's a cool dude. But people aren't really mad at 1+1 = 5, Keanu, they're mad at "women and minorities shouldn't have fundamental rights", and staying out of that discussion is probably pretty nice, huh?
I agree

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread has already proved - at record speed - why that's a good strategy for him. Stay out of everything and people love him. Say anything about anything and you start getting shit.

Of course, I find that's also the thing about social media. People hide their true views quite often.

EDIT: By the way, it's also reasonably obvious that Keanu's statement isn't just about progressive stuff. It's very clearly universal.

Oct 29, 2017
I'm sure he would have real opinions on subjects that matter, folks. This seems in reference to petty bullshit that might normally pull people in to pointless argument.

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017
I can't believe his point of view here gets people riled up. By most accounts, he's a great guy and he has been through a lot yet he's still able to be a good person. Which is especially rare in Hollywood. Get a grip.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This thread has already proved - at record speed - why that's a good strategy for him. Stay out of everything and people love him. Say anything about anything and you start getting shit.

Of course, I find that's also the thing about social media. People hide their true views quite often.

EDIT: By the way, it's also reasonably obvious that Keanu's statement isn't just about progressive stuff. It's very clearly universal.
"Talk less. Smile more."

Nov 8, 2017
I haven't seen the context for the interview in which he gave that answer since all that was posted was two lines, but I'm going to make assumptions and run with them. I can't believe Keanu thinks it's not worthwhile ever speaking out or fighting injustice in any context ever, and I'm very mad about that consequently.

Maybe he's being really literal. It could also simply be that he's learned how to pick his battles.

There are lot of things worth speaking up over. But to be frank, people also spend a lot of time insuring everyone knows they have an opinion on everything, and starting arguments that will never accomplish anything.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
I feel like there will be a lot of miserable people trying to drag Keanu down for this statement.
Just let one of the few decent men left in Hollywood live in relative peace. (I know you won't though)

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Talk less. Smile more."

☺️

I guess they forgot he starred in Cyberpunk...

I saw no one comment on that, in the thick of things lol. Man squeaked away from that one. Then again, I also only say the issues people had with the game on this forum. Everywhere else it's like "wow, buggy" or people trying to convince you to play it.

No, his position was dumb.

"We think gays should be killed!"

"You're right, have fun."

😬

This forum's mantra is not to argue with people like that in the first place... So uh?

Oct 29, 2017
I haven't seen the context for the interview in which he gave that answer since all that was posted was two lines, but I'm going to make assumptions and run with them. I can't believe Keanu thinks it's not worthwhile ever speaking out or fighting injustice in any context ever, and I'm very mad about that consequently.
Yea only positive assumptions are allowed without context..

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Ya'll wondered how a man could eat a sammich so intently...

I'm sure he would have real opinions on subjects that matter, folks. This seems in reference to petty bullshit that might normally pull people in to pointless argument.

Exactly. While I haven't mastered his technique I've deployed it a few times with 100% success at not raising my stress levels.

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
What an odd pedestal people seem to hold keanu on judging by this thread. Bizarre. No one is immune to criticim particularly in the current climate after the kind of year that has been had.

Anyway I will need to check out the context before commenting but this does reek of priviledge...but could also just be a tongue in cheek zen life quip. Wish the OP would link to an interview.
.but hey whats google for

WhatATimeToBeAlive

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
Finland
Only if the alt right, who chree for him, and the other duller pens in the pencil case took dotice of that first quote. Life can be hard, even if you aren't one of those pens, but you shouldn't pick a scapecoat.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think this random Twitter thread with zero context should probably be locked...

There is literally zero context and not an actual clip. And he is sitting in front of a four year old movie poster.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeesh. I get the attempt at criticism in here but you're all really over thinking it. Someone who is saying 1+1=5 isn't going to be convinced otherwise just the same as some maga fuck isn't going to be convinced otherwise. You have to pick your battles and I think he's saying that some aren't worth it, like most bullshit you find on Twitter for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.