• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely seems like an overall great dude.

The only crime he's ever committed was trying to play the villain in that one movie...The Watcher I think. No one buys him as a bad guy.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
He's so nice I forgive him for his accent in "Dracula".... Pretty sure hearing that is a crime in some countries.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I bloody knew it!

D7-Cu-BTQXs-AE12-WN-format-jpg-name-900x900.jpg

D7-Cu-BTJXYAAdj-Sb-format-jpg-name-900x900.jpg

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
if you kidnapped Keanu and Tom Hanks and put them in a pit and forced them to fight to the death to see who survives who would win?

Easy question.

Assuming there's an incentive for them to actually fight and not just stay in the pit or attempt to escape, Keanu will always win. Tom Hanks will either attack him and lose to the younger, fitter man with martial arts training or Keanu will be practical and mercifully put down Tom Hanks.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Easy question.

Assuming there's an incentive for them to actually fight and not just stay in the pit or attempt to escape, Keanu will always win. Tom Hanks will either attack him and lose to the younger, fitter man with martial arts training or Keanu will be practical and mercifully put down Tom Hanks.
They'd look at each other, laugh, then laugh at the host. They'd die together knowing they didn't give an inch for some lunatics wank fest.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
They'd look at each other, laugh, then laugh at the host. They'd die together knowing they didn't give an inch for some lunatics wank fest.

In the suicide scenario, I'd have to think Keanu would go into some kind of buddist trance and pass into the force like Obi Wan. Tom Hanks would then move on and open several foundations in Keanu's name.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Keanu is great, but I think it's weird for people to put celebrities on this moral pedestal when it doesn't take much for that moral "cache" to be taken away. He's a nice guy, but he's one bad tweet away from a bunch of people on here calling him trash. And then will be brought up everytime someone mentions how great of a guy Keanu is. Just saying it's weird.
It's a decent thing. Because even if people only do it for publicity (Keanu does not) it creates role model expectation kind of thing for actors. I don't really see why it's a bad thing. It also makes people happy.

Even making bad people do good things if by no other means but expectation. Isn't a bad thing.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's all an act and just part of the Keanu Reeves branding. In private, he may be a huge piece of shit.
Nah because he literally gains nothing from it. Even if he was an asshole people would still go see his movies. And he doesn't even like to talk about his good deeds. It's clearly not an act. If anything, he's probably mildly annoyed that folks act like being kind to your fellow man is such a big deal. That says a lot about the world. Someone being a good person shouldn't be newsworthy 😀

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Who the hell makes these videos? Clips of movie scenes dubbed over with awful music, repetitive messages overlayed, and several seconds long clips of interviews... Who wasted their time making that!?

Funkybee

Feb 20, 2019
Everytime i get on the nyc subways, i always check every person hoping I'll see nice guy Keanu and give him a holla <3

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Keanu is great, but I think it's weird for people to put celebrities on this moral pedestal when it doesn't take much for that moral "cache" to be taken away. He's a nice guy, but he's one bad tweet away from a bunch of people on here calling him trash. And then will be brought up everytime someone mentions how great of a guy Keanu is. Just saying it's weird.
The guy has only ever proven to be humble, kind, and interested in people when dealing with the public. He has made many great actions like setting up foundations that don't even have his name attached for cred.

He seems like an incredibly cool guy, I see nothing wrong with celebrating cool people.

Oct 25, 2017
The guy has only ever proven to be humble, kind, and interested in people when dealing with the public. He has made many great actions like setting up foundations that don't even have his name attached for cred.

He seems like an incredibly cool guy, I see nothing wrong with celebrating cool people.
You're right, but so is that other poster. We do build people up to knock them down. While I like the Keanusance, he was someone who thrived and was appreciated in a low-key way, one anything now and people will turn. Y'all fickle like that.