• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
D87QETlW4AEPoB5.jpg:large

I... Don't... Need... A UNION.
Well, game devs do need a union.

But I don't think the owner and proprietor of CDPR needs one in particular.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
From the gameplay demo last year:
o4xykkrtezi11.png
Is the other thread wrong? I thought in a recent interview they said they removed the childhood hero bit and instead have a background option (street kids, nomad, corpo). Seems like Keanu is the only childhood hero now. Not to mention all three of those characters are established in lore and men.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
I wonder if Keanu just didn't charge much or if the game just has a massive budget (or both)?

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I am very glad to hear that. I was scared he was going to pop in for like two missions only.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I figured he'd have a fair amount of dialogue given he seems to be a fairly major character in the game but I didn't expect him to have that much.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Why are there three pages of making fun of someone's appearance?

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Is the other thread wrong? I thought in a recent interview they said they removed the childhood hero bit and instead have a background option (street kids, nomad, corpo). Seems like Keanu is the only childhood hero now. Not to mention all three of those characters are established in lore and men.
No, you have it correct. That part of the character creator has changed so that you now pick between the 3 backgrounds you mentioned.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
If they did away with the 3 choices to accomodate keanu then I'm cool with it if it meant we get 1 fleshed out well done character rather than 3 that aren't as focused or have the same amount of work put in.

Hypotheticals obviously. Here's hoping it works really well he comes off great in the trailer.

Atisha

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
While Watching the Cinematics they showed at E3, the run gets to the part where the protagonist pulls a chip out of the back of his head, for safe carrying and transport, and i go "Johny Mnemonic did that'. Then i'll be damned if the Bodhisattva himself didn't show up.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
If they did away with the 3 choices to accomodate keanu then I'm cool with it if it meant we get 1 fleshed out well done character rather than 3 that aren't as focused or have the same amount of work put in.

Hypotheticals obviously. Here's hoping it works really well he comes off great in the trailer.
You still have the 3 choices, they just put the focus on your general background, as opposed to referencing specific CP 2020 characters (street kid, corporate or nomad).

Deleted member 671

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
15 days in the recording booth doesn't seem like all that much tbh depending on how many lines an hour they are doing.

ArtVandelay

User requested permanent ban
Banned
May 29, 2018
I know I've been going on about this, but this is not good news at all. The Keanu memes are going too far. I mean, this guy is a terrible actor. Or am I missing something?

Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually surprised Keanu agreed to that level of commitment. Usually when a studio brings in a celebrity for something like this you wind up with like 30 minutes worth of dialogue at most. Thinking back the Fallout 3 and Liam Neeson

Holy shit. 2-3 made me literally laugh out loud.
I hope those are just bad pictures and not reflective of something horrible.

Deleted member 671

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know I've been going on about this, but this is not good news at all. The Keanu memes are going too far. I mean, this guy is a terrible actor. Or am I missing something?

It's that quality that makes him relateable to the audience. Like in John Wick: He's not suave, he's not a playboy, he's not smooth. He's just a guy that lost his wife who happens to be a hitman who was fucked with at the wrong time.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All these folks jumping on that one poster like they're supposed to know all the ins and outs of the lore of the tabletop.

Also, ehhhhhh. Dialogue is not his strong suit. Reeves nails the physical work, not sure how much I want him as the ghost in my ear for a huge ass RPG.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
It makes sense too. The vast majority of the audience won't have any idea who those people are during character creation.
Yeah, it's a much better choice. And Silverhand is integral to the main plot regardless of your background, so that works better now also.
Honestly, for a role like this, I think he could be solid.

He's far from the most gifted actor ever and can be pretty wooden, especially in his younger days, but nowadays I think he's a decently compelling screen presence. He's great in the Wick movies. They allow room for him to be a little over the top and they don't require the most range ever. I'm guessing the Silverhand role will be similar.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I hope they just had him quoting his films for 15 days.

But seriously this is very surprising. I fully expected him to just be a supporting character who shows up every so often. 4 hours in a booth recorded and done.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Is that Marcin? We have the next evolution

0obgQUL.png

lol

(Yes I know it's just natural aging, but I'm sure even he appreciates a laugh about it)

As for Keanu, cool to know it's not just some 5 min Hollywood tie-in.

edit: Just noticed I was beaten above
That third pic should have the background from the 'this is fine' meme