• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Comandr

Feb 14, 2018
Wow. How sad. But how cool to leave behind a legacy that pretty much everyone in the industry knows. I hope he lived a good life and can rest in peace.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I would press F, but the below seems more apt, so:

↑↑↓↓←→←→BA

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I've used the code many a time and will continue to do so in the future. RIP.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Super sad, rip. I've used that code more than once. I only read Hashimoto at first and y'all know who I thought of.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sad to hear, he created one of the most iconic pieces of gaming trivia ever. That's a legacy to be proud of.

Rest In Peace.

QBizM

Oct 25, 2017
Press ↑↑↓↓←→←→BA to pay respects.

Thank you for one of the most positively memorable things in gaming history.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What a legend. Literally left his mark in the whole industry with the most recognized cheat code combination. At least up to millenials, don't know about anybody younger.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Worth noting that he's also credited as working on Gradius (NES; obviously), The Goonies, The Goonies 2, Life Force (NES), Gradius 3 (SNES), Parodius (GB,SNES), Lethal Enforcers (Gen, SNES), Gungage, the first two Pro Evo games... and probably a ton more stuff that I missed. He seemed to be focused on home console games.

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
He had such a huge impact on my childhood (renting NES games was my escape for a long time). It's funny how something so innocuous can end up being such a point of light for others.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
RIP.
4ca1a4b9f897d63abaa2dc822fcca401cb7ad512.gif

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Was recently playing through Contra NES on the Contra collection with a family member and the first thing we did of course before starting the game was make sure to get the Konami code to work, so fun and so timeless. Respect.

↑↑↓↓←→←→BA

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Never would've beaten some of those games way before I was good enough.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
RIP

It's amazing how the Konami Code is a part of the video game lexicon that has endured for decades. I don't think there's an old timer gamer alive that doesn't know it, or has heard of it.

That code is how me and my cousin beat Contra and Super C. Don't think we'd have done it without it.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Rip, dude left a hell of a mark on videogame history

Avacyn

Jan 14, 2020
I was genuinely sad to hear about this. Hard to believe that a simple code could become so iconic.