• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
Let's be real, before Kyrie and Durant came, no one was hyped to go to the Nets, even being a part of New York. And that was in addition to the Knicks being a dumpster fire for years, which is why I find the whole NY angle rather weird.
People claiming the Nets are taking over is hilarious. While the highlights for the Nets in the past 20 years was multiple playoff appearances and finals appearances, the Knicks meanwhile.....

Nobody gives a damn about the Nets.

br0ken_shad0w

Oct 27, 2017
Washington
Not so much that Toronto is a FA-blackhole, Kawhi is just weird and has his own priorities. Dude gave up to $90 million just to make sure he gets to play in Socal. Most other cities would have gotten the shaft from him too. I still think he and his camp are snakes for stringing the Raptors along when from day 1 he had no intention of staying.

I wonder if rent-a-players will be more common like they are in baseball.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Not so much that Toronto is a FA-blackhole, Kawhi is just weird and has his own priorities. Dude gave up to $90 million just to make sure he gets to play in Socal. Most other cities would have gotten the shaft from him too.

Exactly. Kawhi was heading to the Lakers - per Woj - if the Clippers didn't find a way to get PG. He was going to LA regardless. More brutal than LeBron in the sense that he wasn't willing to go first and then recruit, but in terms of sheer leverage it was perfect: trade whatever Presti asks, or the Clippers are going to sit in the shadow of a Lakers dynasty.

Oct 25, 2017
I still feel like if Toronto could have figured out a way to get George to come there, Kawhi would still be playing for the Raptors.

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I still feel like if Toronto could have figured out a way to get George to come there, Kawhi would still be playing for the Raptors.
It doesn't matter. There's no guarantee that Kawhi will be back if the Raptors pull off that George trade. The guy wants to go home badly. OKC were just using Raptors as a leverage to get a better deal from Clippers.

Tony Montana

Oct 27, 2017
With all the info that's come out it seems obvious he was going to the Clippers no matter what while using the Lakers and Raptors as leverage with no intention to sign with them. His mind was made up while Chris Carter was trying to make it seem like he hadn't decided as they were still trying to reach a deal with OKC.

Clippers agents following him around all year, secret meetings with Paul George and Doc Rivers, Woj saying he's going to be a Clipper for the past year. Masai probably realized what was going on when OKC offered him PG and Westbrook.

It's a cold business and Kawhi and his camp turned out to be masters at the game. Showed the rest of the league how tampering is done.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Bulls did what we needed to do this free agency. They're preparing for 2021 free agency.

Except the Bulls don't get top free agents. I have no faith the organization will be able to build a championship team. Their best chance was 2011 but they didn't make that move to get one more player to get past Miami.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Hope kawhi enjoyed his last championship.
Jumping into the dumpster fire that is the west will be a bad decision imo.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Hope kawhi enjoyed his last championship.
Jumping into the dumpster fire that is the west will be a bad decision imo.

West is harder for sure, but the team he joined was solid last year and just added both him and another all star. Meanwhile GSW is almost disintegrating plus will be out Klay most of the year and Durant fucked off to the east. It also sounds liken Houston is having issues between Paul and Harden. And the Lakers could be trouble but honestly they're gonna be a fragile team. Lebron is aging and on managed minutes, AD is injury prone, Cousins came off a big injury not quite the same and the surrounding cast is vet minimum sorts.

Yeah they'll have to work to get to the championship but it's not like he didn't work his ass off getting the Raps there and winning, too.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Clips put up close to 50 wins last year. They are keeping majority of their bench and adding two of the top five players in the league.

Deleted member 32563

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
So....this is it for PG right?

Forced his way out of Indiana, OKC that's cool.

Now he has to get that chip.....

Like that show up in the season and be đź‘» in the playoffs better be caput for him. No excuses. Kawhi better set him straight with that ball is life attitude.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Clips put up close to 50 wins last year. They are keeping majority of their bench and adding two of the top five players in the league.
So....this is it for PG right?

Forced his way out of Indiana, OKC that's cool.

Now he has to get that chip.....

Like that show up in the season and be đź‘» in the playoffs better be caput for him. No excuses. Kawhi better set him straight with that ball is life attitude.

Well apparently hes a top "5" player now just because of last season so Clippers should chip guaranteed. Smh

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They should be the favorites, but we can't forget what happened to Boston this year. If all the pieces click together for the Clippers, I'm not even sure Lebron can stop them.

EDIT: PG13 is great but he is not top 5. Maybe top 5 two way player.

I got him in my top 11-15. Thats me. But people out here acting like PG been killing the league for years

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Paul George bias is real because he played well last season

a season where all the real killers realize regular season doesn't mean shit and you need to save it for the playoffs

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Not so much that Toronto is a FA-blackhole, Kawhi is just weird and has his own priorities. Dude gave up to $90 million just to make sure he gets to play in Socal. Most other cities would have gotten the shaft from him too. I still think he and his camp are snakes for stringing the Raptors along when from day 1 he had no intention of staying.

I wonder if rent-a-players will be more common like they are in baseball.
Yeah, I wonder about this too.

He definitely does his own thing.

Omg....