• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto is in a weird situation though when it comes to stars. They did good in the situation with Kawhi and won a championship but in doing so they got rid of the one american star and LA kid who didn't say no to them and bolt to LA like he could have and was committed to the team for the foreseeable future for a one year rental. Think about this Mcgrady,Carter,Bosh, and Leonard all left Toronto and DeRozan the one guy who decided to stay they traded away for a one year rental.

Demar loved Toronto but he's a huge playoff under performer. That trade was a no brainer last year, and with hindsight a grand slam. Really the only solution to attracting stars for Toronto is to keep expanding basketball internationally and Masai is probably the best guy in the NBA to have to lure international players. There's literally nothing more that Toronto could have done to pitch to Kawhi, from the FO, to how the city and country treated him, to his New Balance gear, to the team and the results. The man wanted to go home no matter what, and I think players will see that.

Applebite

Oct 27, 2017
Nowhere in my post did I say he owed Toronto anything or that I hold any hate in my heart for the dude. It's also perfectly fine if people are disappointed that he didn't stay. So many "fans" and media members riding that player empowerment wave that they can't fathom fans actually acting like fans and occasionally having irrational thoughts related to a player.
Nah man, it's fair to be disappointed. I guess I just interpreted "What a kick in the nuts to Raptors fans" as sounding like he screwed you over in some way. My bad.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah it's a gamble that paid off, the champiy was worth it. Going forward seems tough, but of course they must've considered this as worst case scenario.

But yeah the way you out it the optics is kinda bad and yeah the situation is strange with stars. Happy that we still have Masai Ujiri though.

The Raps are not even in a bad position going forward imo. Come next off season they have $80m off the books and can get after a big star in free agency. They will still be good this year. They aren't contending bar Pascal, OG and Vanvleet taking monumental steps forward in the next 4 months but this year will allow them to develop talent with no real pressure to win. Then they can decide who to keep and who to trade or if they need to totally redo the roster.

Stars not wanting to play in Toronto will really only be solved by drafting well in our current program and going after non American players. Americans just do not want to play here, its a waste of time for us to keep dreaming that they will magically change.

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If klay comes back 100% and they are in the playoffs they have to be a consideration I imagine. Despite their bench seemingly getting worse and worse they put some serious stress on the Raptors and destroyed the trailblazers without Durant. Of course now they also lost Iggy as well
Iggy's not the same player he was when he won MVP.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
I would have liked to see an impossibly stacked Lakers team just for the show, but honestly having many more balanced teams is going to give me so much more to want to watch

Oct 29, 2017
The league must be thrilled with the moves the LA teams have pulled off, some major talent influx into that tv market, but holy cow how many years of their future did the Clips gamble on George? I like both Leonard and George so I hope this doesn't blow up in the team's face.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
If klay comes back 100% and they are in the playoffs they have to be a consideration I imagine. Despite their bench seemingly getting worse and worse they put some serious stress on the Raptors and destroyed the trailblazers without Durant. Of course now they also lost Iggy as well

This is what I'm interested in seeing too, three massive teams in California alone

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
So who gets superstar Boogie Cousins lol

Edit: oh crap, Lakers lol. I wonder how AD feels about him

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
this is ridiculous. DEMAR STAYED, RIGHT? he could've got a max offer to go to the lakers but he stayed.

any pronouncements about kawhi is dumb, his home is in la and that's where he wanted to go. any other overarching message is reaching so badly.

all the raptors need is another superstar to replace him and to pair with pascal. and with tons of capspace next season or the next and all our assets minus kawhi/green still in play, i'm confident in masai to get it done.

Sorry Demar is not eveb a top 20 player. A guy who can't defend for shit and disappaears in the playoffs.

I would take our championship and be happy about that. I'm glad Demar is gone. Loyalty means jack if you dont perform.

Poody

Oct 27, 2017
I can think of a few worse timelines
No its not lol. Lakers just got Anthony fucking Davis, have Lebron, got to keep Kuzma, and still have cap space. Good lord @ the hyperbole in here. I wasn't expecting at all to get both Kahwi and Davis. I'm happy we at least got one.
Wiggins next
lmao stop, AD and Bron are Lakers

I just want the Clippers to move the fuck out of LA. And now that the Clips reloaded they have the better team. We have one year left on AD, and god knows where he would sign if we can't get past them. This team is one injury away from a disastrous season. My frustration has to do with the future of the franchise, and the Clips have it better.

If you can't have it all then everything sucks. Lol okay.

Could care less about having it all. I would have been content with Kawhi staying in Toronto or joining the Clips solo. But now that they added PG, their future is brighter than ours with an aging Lebron.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Can't wait for LBJ to get frustrated af
Lebron_JR_Smith_Cropped_848x480_1246290499611.jpg

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Day after and it feels just as good. Ty Kawhi for sticking it to everything Laker Nation, bunch of fuckboi 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡's . LeStans also readying their excuses when "goat" fails to chip for the remainder of his career.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Getting real 'Karl Malone signing with the Lakers so he can chip' vibes from this 2019-2020 Lakers unit

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
So what's the Lakers roster like now?

LBJ
AD
Kuz
Rondo
Boogie
Green
Cook
Pope
McGee.

You're coaching, who's your starting Center?

You can't start Boogie until he starts demonstrating a) lateral quickness or b) any kind of vertical.

It's Javale until he proves himself healthy. Those Lowry isos in the finals were tough to watch.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
You can't start Boogie until he starts demonstrating a) lateral quickness or b) any kind of vertical.

It's Javale until he proves himself healthy. Those Lowry isos in the finals were tough to watch.
I really miss the explosive Boogie man. Dude was scary. Would losing weight help him become more athletic?

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

It's Javale until he proves himself healthy.
You also don't want Boogie and Bron playing defense at the same time. Let Boogie get his scoring while Bron is sitting and after McGee has collected all his lobs.