• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking lol. Dude brought Toronto it's first ever and people like you are gonna act like this.

Fuck out of here
We traded for him and bet it all on him while the Clippers were stabbing Blake in the back. We gave him a city, a country and a chance to be on the new Drake album. We gave him our heart and he turned us down for cheap stripper with no ethics.

The North remembers.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
We traded for him and bet it all on him while the Clippers were stabbing Blake in the back. We gave him a city, a country and a chance to be on the new Drake album. We gave him our heart and he turned us down for cheap stripper with no ethics.

The North remembers.
Don't fall for this Lakers fan's shenanigans

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
As much as it sucks to lose him, there is something quite beautiful of a man coming into a town becoming arguably themost histroically important player in the franchise's history over once season, becoming a city legend in one year, leaving in such a fashion that angers no rational fan to go home and be with his family.

Leonard is arguably the greatest Raptor ever, a guaranteed jersey retirement, and a bonafide Toronto Folk Hero and he did it in one season, one attempt, as a hired gun essentially.

There will never be a negative memory of Leonard, never a moment of failure of him as a Raptor, he achieved what was once thought of as nearly impossible and then went home to be with his girlfriend and kids.

His star in Toronto will never fade.

So while sad, this story is also kind of beautiful as an all encompassing one year story of unabashed success that can never be tainted.

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He's going to be 35 before 2020. Crazy how much of an athletic freak he still is.
images

Jailcat

May 19, 2018
You understand the only loser out of the franchises you mentioned is the Knicks correct? The Lakers were rewarded with LeBron and AD in consecutive years.
Yeah, Knicks are a dumpster fire and Lakers are still doing fine all things considered. The expectation and goal was for a big 3 which didn't happen though. I'm just glad there's some more parity in the league now.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I never thought he would stay here and I don't blame him. I think there are several teams now with stacked rosters so it will be interesting to see who wins the Championship next. The Raptors pretty much have to rebuild now I think.
I don't think there is a need to do a full rebuild. The future of the team is in the hands of FVV, Siakam and OG. Ibaka, Lowry and Gasol are potentially good pieces for some heavy duty trades before the deadline, but I wouldn't tear it all down like that. The team still won almost all of the games in which Kawhi sat out, this is still a Playoffs team with the taste of a championship. This experience and the fact that they need to prove themselves capable in the East will put a fire under their ass.

Also, let's not forget to trust in Masai. As long as the team has him and Bobby Webster, we will be just fine.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
As much as it sucks to lose him, there is something quite beautiful of a man coming into a town becoming arguably themost histroically important player in the franchise's history over once season, becoming a city legend in one year, leaving in such a fashion that angers no rational fan to go home and be with his family.

Leonard is arguably the greatest Raptor ever, a guaranteed jersey retirement, and a bonafide Toronto Folk Hero and he did it in one season, one attempt, as a hired gun essentially.

There will never be a negative memory of Leonard, never a moment of failure of him as a Raptor, he achieved what was once thought of as nearly impossible and then went home to be with his girlfriend and kids.

So while sad, this story is also kind of beautiful as an all encompassing one year story of unabashed success that can never be tainted.
LOL NAH, sis you're doing too much.

it's all good that he helped get us a chip but none of that is happening ever. no one is building a statue for dave winfield for helping us win a world series in 92 lol.

you're talking about kyle, not kawhi right there.

Deleted member 56595

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 8, 2019

The North remembers.

Bro change your avatar

Magic's fat ass mouth is one of the reasons Kawhi didn't come over

Motherfucker went to the LA FUCKING TIMES to talk about his call

because he wants all the fucking credit

Jerry West bitch made him

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017

Dude energized basketball in this country like I hadn't seen before. I just hope it sticks

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Damn at ESPN reporting Kawhi tried to recruit Durant first. That would have been crazy if they both went to the Clippers.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
LOL NAH, sis you're doing too much.

it's all good that he helped get us a chip but none of that is happening ever. no one is building a statue for dave winfield for helping us win a world series.

He'll go down has important to Toronto sports as Joe Carter....

Especially that G7 buzzer beater shot.

It's a thing of legend.

Not to mention that Raptors captured Canada's interest.

Leonard is going to in the annals of Canadian sports history.

gully state

Oct 27, 2017

Talk about overcompensating. Like that story of the Toronto superfan what's his name calling for the public to give Kawhi his space.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So are the Clippers now LA's team over the Lakers?

Well the clippers weren't LAs team even during the lob city era where the clippers were annual playoff team and thr Lakers were pure garbage.

Even if the clippers chip I dont really see the dynamic changing anytime soon. This isnt like the Knicks and Nets situation where the Knicks havent done anything for so long there is no loyalty.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
I did say arguably.

He did in one try what Bosh, Carter etc.. could never do
yes, along with a bunch of other guys like pascal/kyle/serge/fred/etc. that's how it'll be remembered now.

anyway, i'm glad we're all finally off this crazy ride. kawhi dragged that shit on for way too long if he always knew it would be the clippers lol

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, can we take a second to reflect on what a different franchise the Clippers are under Ballmer, and how far they've come from Sterling? Sure, they still haven't won anything, but they likely will, now, and no one could ever entertain that thought under Sterling...

yes, along with a bunch of other guys like pascal/kyle/serge/fred/etc. that's how it'll be remembered now.

anyway, i'm glad we're all finally off this crazy ride. kawhi dragged that shit on for way too long if he always knew it would be the clippers lol

People thought he was taking a long time because he was having a hard time making up his mind, but he wasn't agonizing over this, he just wanted another star to play with. He was waiting for the Clippers to acquire another All-Star before confirming his decision.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

I mean of course but still him leaving doesn't diminish what he achieved.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I mean honestly, if we are just talking picks we can no longer count out any trade these days after what the Clippers just did

It was an awful take, even before this happened. Clippers had a ton of picks and quite a few young assets that have already performed well in the NBA. There are plenty of teams that can't win a title that would part with a star player for those pieces.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I mean to be fair we're talking about Cris Carter, Jalen Rose, Chris Brousard and SAS, right? It's not like they collectively looked all that great a week ago either.

All four them precisely, and I agree. It's just that now that Kwahi picked the Clippers and all four of them were so off, it made it quite apparent.

I'm not criticizing them as analizers as I think all of them are pretty good analizing stuff here and there, but it's evident they were just not in a position to talk about Kwahi's situation.

ZZMitch

Oct 26, 2017

Kyle Lowry is the greatest Raptor ever, don't think it is arguable.

EPaul

Oct 30, 2017
We got played hard by kawhi.... it sucks but it time for lbj to prove he is the 2nd greatest ever ny winning next season

gully state

Oct 27, 2017
If the clippers chipped, it would be the quietest parade ever.. maybe a bunch of over the hill OC trophy wives sipping mimosas

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
He'll go down has important to Toronto sports as Joe Carter....

Especially that G7 buzzer beater shot.

It's a thing of legend.

Not to mention that Raptors captured Canada's interest.

Leonard is going to in the annals of Canadian sports history.

It won't be looked back on as fondly as Joe's HR because he was here for a few years. One and done championship was a great story but him leaving is going to dim how fondly he's remembered.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think there is a need to do a full rebuild. The future of the team is in the hands of FVV, Siakam and OG. Ibaka, Lowry and Gasol are potentially good pieces for some heavy duty trades before the deadline, but I wouldn't tear it all down like that. The team still won almost all of the games in which Kawhi sat out, this is still a Playoffs team with the taste of a championship. This experience and the fact that they need to prove themselves capable in the East will put a fire under their ass.

Also, let's not forget to trust in Masai. As long as the team has him and Bobby Webster, we will be just fine.

I'm not all in on the rebuild. I think it might be best but I'm not against them trying to maintain for awhile.