• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
BronzeGreedyInsect-max-1mb.gif

KAWHI, STAY

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Don't really care for him, lakers would have been much better with a lot of guys they missed. Surprised at the 2 year deals they gave out.

Lakers missed Durant, Kawhi for a 35 year old lebron and gave up their team for davis who they could have gotten next year easily. Terrible management is right.
Durant just tore his Achilles and you have no idea where Davis would have gone. Durant might as well be older than LeBron now.

LeBron and AD is good enough to win the chip this year. That's not terrible management.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
As an OKC fan I'm hyped as fuck, look at all those assets we got for a guy who wanted out. WE REBUILDING!

THUNDER UP!
It looks good on the surface until you actually sit down and think about it. PG and Kawhi on the Clips make them a guaranteed playoff team for the foreseeable future barring injuries or some unforseen issues. Which makes those draft picks essentially worthless. They will be late 1st round picks at best.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
RaptorsERA post if you are still okay

he not stay

I'm really sad but the man brought us a ship and gave us some of the most incredible sports momentz in franchise history. Hell Canadian sports history.

Will always love Kawhi. Even without the title, the man could go wherever he wanted and I wouldnt be mad. It was a good run. It does suck to go from champs to zero chance of contending though.

The HeStay meme dying also makes me sad. ClippersEra git a stud.

kevinking94

Oct 28, 2017
Just wanna see Kawhi eat chips with the dip again lol Honestly more shocked Paul George is now with him, wasn't expecting that at all

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Woooow

Not worth it!

100% worth it. A top 10 player in his prime right now with another top 5 guy and amazing depths in exchange for picks that have no guarantee of being anything. Why the fuck do people value picks over proven players?

The Clippers will be great for 3 years for sure and maybe a 4th as opposed to being a bottom dwelling 8th seed for a long ass time.

Oct 25, 2017
Don't really care for him, lakers would have been much better with a lot of guys they missed. Surprised at the 2 year deals they gave out.

Lakers missed Durant, Kawhi for a 35 year old lebron and gave up their team for davis who they could have gotten next year easily. Terrible management is right.
I'm right there with you and totally agree about Danny Green. Although I do have to admit he hit a lot of clutch shots with the Spurs.

ckareset

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Clippers traded for Paul George and Kawhi at the same time. It was worth it.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

The Lakers wouldn't have had cap space next season and the last time they waited for free agency instead of trading Paul George decided to resign with the Thunder.

BanGy

Oct 25, 2017
It looks good on the surface until you actually sit down and think about it. PG and Kawhi on the Clips make them a guaranteed playoff team for the foreseeable future barring injuries or some unforseen issues. Which makes those draft picks essentially worthless. They will be late 1st round picks at best.
The first two will be trash but those last two? Anything can happen. PG wanted out and the best case scenario was keeping him another year before he essentially becomes a expiring contract and being forced to trade him for less.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
100% worth it. A top 10 player in his prime right now with another top 5 guy and amazing depths in exchange for picks that have no guarantee of being anything. Why the fuck do people value picks over proven players?

The Clippers will be great for 3 years for sure and maybe a 4th as opposed to being a bottom dwelling 8th seed for a long ass time.

Yep, these picks are worthless. > 20 if Clippers go deep in the playoffs the next 4 years. The swaps won't even materialize. Danilo is unnecessary if you have kawhi/PG. the trade is literally PG for SGA.

Chances of picking an all star after pick 10 is a crap shoot.

Clippers did a great job keeping their team and getting PG.

PG was a top 3-5 MVP candidate this year.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Woooow

Not worth it!
that depends on if the win the chip, fam.

that's all that matters. draft picks don't get you rings. hall of famers can, however.

Yep, these picks are worthless. > 20 if Clippers go deep in the playoffs the next 4 years. The swaps won't even materialize. Danilo is unnecessary if you have kawhi/PG. the trade is literally PG for SGA.

yep.

I look forward to seeing joyous Ballmer all year long.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised Kawhi is signing 4 yrs. He loses lots of money this way. If he signs 2 years then he can get a huge extensions in 2021. Maybe those quads might never be 100% ever again.

ckareset

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
I'm surprised Kawhi is signing 4 yrs. He loses lots of money this way. If he signs 2 years then he can get a huge extensions in 2021. Maybe those quads might never be 100% ever again.
He's injury prone. Outside of the quad, he gets very strange injuries

RC.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Lol, eat shit Toronto. Giving that city a championship was a mistake. Hopefully the leafs will never get whiff of the cup.

Oct 25, 2017

There could be two no. 1 overall picks in there at some point and the odds would be astronomical you'd get two guys as good as pg13 and kawhi

Mar 26, 2018
Durant just tore his Achilles and you have no idea where Davis would have gone. Durant might as well be older than LeBron now.

LeBron and AD is good enough to win the chip this year. That's not terrible management.
Ball and Ingram was not worth a year of ad, it is bad management and lebron has always been an issue for teammates imo

It's ok, I liked watching zo and have no reason to watch LA anymore

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
Man, this has gotten to be the gut punch to the Lakers. They lost both prized FA that they pursued 2 years ago and this year to no one but the Clippers. Ouch. Just how the fck did Jerry West pull this off?

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
lot of picks for PG, but you always take the sure thing. and kawhi gave up so much money, but it just goes to show you, dude wanted to go home at all costs, won a chip, loved by all up there, wouldve made 50MM more there, dude said fuck it all.

Mar 26, 2018
I mean I have never enjoyed watching Lebron yell at and tell teammates what to do. I did enjoy watching the lakers before that even when they were losing but were competitive in a lot of games. I honestly felt they looked worse with Lebron (after injury) than with him and I really just don't like to watch Lebron play simply. Never have and has nothing to do with anything from tonight or any trades. I was disappointed when he went to LA, I just started watching again cause I liked watching Lonzo pass and his defense. I already wasn't really into watching them as much the last year and since the zo trade that was already going to happen.

I use to watch lakers streaming online but every time the guy switched it to cavs I just turned it off. Something about his demeanor is just too off putting for me and not interesting to watch for me.

Seeing how Kawwhi interacted with him was something I would have been curious to see though.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
There could be two no. 1 overall picks in there at some point and the odds would be astronomical you'd get two guys as good as pg13 and kawhi

And this is why you do the deal, but it just means that when Kawhi's contract is up, keeping him there is much harder as you've got nothing to deal but the existing bench and 2nd round picks. They gave up through 2026, basically, and they will be competing with the Lakers on every FA that could make the difference, because they won't have the assets to make a deal.

People who hate the risk will just say that if the team is forced to rebuild, the Brooklyn situation could occur (bad + no 1st rounders) but you make that deal every time if both players are still willing to come. Nobody wants to make the Presti mistake..

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Jerry West has had such an incredible NBA career. Like he's just been good at damn near every aspect of the sport. He was even a really good coach for a short stint in the 70s.

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
As a bitter Spurs fan, Kawhi was always home bound but him last minute recruiting KD to successfully getting Paul George to force his way out of OKC to join him on the Clippers is straight up wtf. And the Lakers had their chance too. Should've traded the farm & multiple picks for Kawhi back when he specifically requested a trade to the damn Lakers. smh. As for the Raptors, I hope Kawhi heavily questioned Masai during his pitch about his loyalty towards his players by constantly bringing up DeMar. Yea, DaMar ain't shit but at least he was loyal & stayed when no else did.

ckareset

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
As a bitter Spurs fan, Kawhi was always home bound but him last minute recruiting KD to successfully getting Paul George to force his way out of OKC to join him on the Clippers is straight up wtf. And the Lakers had their chance too. Should've traded the farm & multiple picks for Kawhi back when he specifically requested a trade to the damn Lakers. smh. As for the Raptors, I hope Kawhi heavily questioned Masai during his pitch about his loyalty towards his players by constantly bringing up DeMar. Yea, DaMar ain't shit but at least he was loyal & stayed when no else did.
Spurs weren't trading him to the Lakers.

Raptors won the chip. That's all they needed. 1 ring.

At the end of the day, fuck Demar and Kawhi. Got 1. That's all that matters

Oneandonly16

Mar 11, 2019
This is the craziest news to wake up too. PG being traded is a lot more surprising than the Kawhi news itself.

All this makes me wonder is if Thunder are moving on from Westbrook soon too

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
sadly, team and player loyalty dont exist anymore. might as well make every contract 1 year from now on so we do this every offseason

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit he went to the Clippers.

On the one hand, its super disappointing as a Raps fan/Canadian. I never truly thought he'd stay, but this was a long enough process that it gave me pause.

On the other hand, you really have to respect Kawhi for truly being his own man. Leaves a ton of money on the table to leave for LA, but doesnt join the Lakers as we all assumed, but goes to the Clippers. Not only does this mean he is going to kill Lebron's legacy and chances at another chip once and for all, it also means he is going to be the first man in history to win Finals MVP with 3 different teams. And really, once I look past my Raps disappointment, its baller as fuck that he came here for one year, brought Canada its first championship in 26 years, then dipped out. Just a legendary season by a legend.

Kawhi will always be a hero in Canada. Thank you for the shot, thank you for the dunk, thank you for the chip. Now go get em in LA!