• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Clippers were a playoff team last year. Lakers were one of the worst teams and traded away their entire starting lineup.
Prime PG and Kawhi is way more useful than picks that most likely wouldn't pan out anyway.

Sure, Clips won 11 more games and didn't have their star player get hurt. But both teams gutted their talent to upgrade and don't even need to show up for the first round of the NBA Draft until their signings have left the team or moved elsewhere. That was my point: people crapping on the AD trade should be saying the same thing here.

I think it's the right move, honestly. LBJ+AD for all of your first rounders plus some young guys, or Kawhi + PG + all your 1sts + some young guys...either way, you get the sure thing now. If things don't work out, your team rots for awhile to rebuild, but as the Raptors showed, better to try and chip now then pretend it's about your future 3 years from now. As much as I respect OKC for making the move, these teams are both basically using the lesson learned from OKC dealing Harden: don't do it.

Corran Horn

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious to see if the Lakers experiment fails this year and AD thinks about signing somewhere else next year lol. So many either don't want to play with LeBron or want to leave hmm.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
The nba is going to be fun to watch next year that's for sure! I don't really get the Danny green signing at that price. Lakers are going to be a really old team next year...
The Lakers is the perfect representation of an idiot winning the lottery. They squandered all they're assets. No high level negotiation: Randle, dlo and picks. they overpaid for a star who only wanted be with the Lakers and whom they had assets to trade for with a reasonable deal. Frak. Whatever.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
A damn shame, not gonna hold the Klaw against it. Thanks for the highs, good luck back in LA.

TheKidObi

Oct 27, 2017
Giannis has been great for one year. Those other guys for multiple. With multiple playoff runs.
Your not serious right lmao dude made 3 all star past 3 seasons. avg 22,26,27 ppg past 3 season while being great on defense and top 2 in league +- system. you don't know what your talking about lmao.

Last edited:

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
KD wasn't gonna go anywhere without a no.2 star, so KD/Kyrie were likely always a package deal. It may have been the Knicks instead of the Nets, but that's about it.

Yeah but I'm talking about Butler, Kemba, Al, any number of guys who were available, yet the Knicks couldn't even sniff a meeting with any of them because, well, they're the Knicks.

aku08

Oct 25, 2017
damn. PG fucked with the lakers twice back to back. Not even giving them a meeting last year, then now giving Kawhi a reason to not go to the lakers. whoooboy.

darkazcura

Oct 25, 2017
I know, thats why the blazers beat the Thunder.

And its why the blazers made it to the western conference finals.

Like seriously.... what the fuck..

You do know Paul George had surgeries on both his shoulders this year right? Dude probably shouldn't had been playing for a bit out there. I don't know what your issue has been this whole thread. Overly aggressive for no reason. Relax.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
i love danny green, but i fear his best days are behind him, though he fits lebron well, as hes catch and shoot dude

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Poetic as fuck. Holy shit.

This is a GOAT development in sports history.

Radio is going to be so lit in LA for the next few years. As a Blazer fan I better up my troll game.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Your not serious right lmao dude made 3 all star past 3 seasons. avg 22,26,27 ppg past 3 season while also being great on defense and top 2 in league +- system you don't know what your talking about lmao.
I put Lebron, KD, Steph, Kawhi and Harden in front of him lol.

No way one great season surpasses them

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Wait didn't PG do Doc River's daughter dirty? Maybe I am remembering incorrectly.

Also Chris Paul is getting traded, that has to be in the works.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Unless things go sour for the Clippers, all those draft picks will be really low. OKC didn't even have to trade Paul George to the Clippers. Indiana didn't.

Anyway lol get fucked OKC owners for stealing the Sonics.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You do know Paul George had surgeries on both his shoulders this year right? Dude probably shouldn't had been playing for a bit out there. I don't know what your issue has been this whole thread. Overly aggressive for no reason. Relax.

Sorry but based on what you said, you were just wrong and trying to say its because of his shoulders is why his team didnt beat the damian lillard guard led blazers, aafter saying that youd take PG over lillard because a team led by lillard wont take you as far is fucking hilarious

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah that came out of left field. I think Paul George just takes pleasure in shitting on the Lakers

Adam Sadler

Nov 9, 2017
How the hell do you not understand that justifying he is top 10 because of stats means you are justifying hes top 3 because of stats. Smh
Because I recognize that he has top 3 stats but I look further into it to determine(as in seeing how he play in games etc) where i am ranking him? Are you stupid?

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Just in California alone you have:

LeBron
PG
Kawhi
AD
Curry
Klay
Harrison Barnes

An embarrassment of riches.