• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
61QhP44OwQL._SL1500_.jpg

Dm7nbiI.gif

KeDtEbT.gif

xR9P9xh.gif

0IQvQpX.gif

xWPEaj1.gif

It was later certified eight times platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), for 8 million equivalent album sales in the United States, and charted within the Top 40 of the Billboard 200 year-end chart three years in a row.
The album was preceded by the number-one singles "California Gurls" and "Teenage Dream", and later produced the number-one singles "Firework", "E.T.", and "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)". Its sixth "The One That Got Away" peaked at number three on the Billboard Hot 100. Teenage Dream is the second album in history to produce five number-one singles (after Michael Jackson's 1987 album Bad), the first by a woman to achieve this milestone. All six of the aforementioned singles, in addition to two from its 2012 reissue Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection, have sold over two million digital downloads each in the US, setting a record in the digital era for the most multi-Platinum singles from one album, breaking the previous record of Fergie's debut album The Dutchess (2006), which had five multi-Platinum songs.

Almost 10 years later to the day, she is releasing her new album Smile:
katy.to

Katy Perry - Smile

Listen to Smile by Katy Perry.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was a fun album, along with Kesha's Animal the perfect showcase of that phase of dance-pop music. Just fun, mindless fun with feel good electronic beats without relying too much on other evergreen trends like the latino americano or rap.

Oh, and the CD literally smelt of candy. Good stuff.

Rebecca More

Alt Account
Banned
Sep 10, 2019
Last Friday Night best single from that album!

Teenage Dream (the song) is probably super overrated, not even the best song from that album

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
That was a fun album, along with Kesha's Animal the perfect showcase of that phase of dance-pop music. Just fun, mindless fun with feel good electronic beats without relying too much on other evergreen trends like the latino americano or rap.

Oh, and the CD literally smelt of candy. Good stuff.

Yup, your words perfectly summed up my thoughts. This and Kesha's Animal were feel good, simple yet very catchy fun albums.

moblin

Oct 25, 2017
Москва
really proud of katy tbh.

she really tries and that's more than you can say for a lot of the pop girls these days, also she killed a nun.

stream never really over and harleys in hawaii

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
"Teenage Dream" is still such an incredible pop track.

Edit: agreed with people saying "Last Friday Night" is the best track on the album. Her funky side is her best side.

Oct 28, 2017
California
I'm not gonna lie, but the "Teenage Dream" song is in my top 10 songs of the 2010s. I honestly think it's one of the sweetest pop songs ever written about being young and in love.

latex

Jul 5, 2018
My god what a time. Teenage Dream was such an undeniable bop.

Sometimes I think about how we've pretty much given up on Katy post-PRISM and that's a bummer.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
Good reminder to give this a listen tonight, thanks 🙂 I've never given her non-singles a real look, for whatever reason. I've def rocked her hits more than a few times, though haha.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
Teenage Dream is great, but I still argue One of the Boys is one of the best pop albums of all time.

2010 was crazy though with Teenage Dream, Red, and Animal. Ridiculous trio.

Oct 28, 2017
Outside of ET, I really didn't like it. But damn if hearing those songs today doesn't take me back to my more carefree early 20s before the calamity....

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
That was a fun album and I think when people start getting super nostalgic in 10 years or so, one or two songs from that album will be the musical touchstones for that era.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Does it still suck?

Edit* I'm being ernest; after some time, things change. For better or worse.