• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
She still on radio silence and posting like the story doesn't exist?

After she forced kiss that guy in AI, this story doesn't surprise me

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
She has some serious ego issues. Anyone remember the story about her high school crush? She went to her old highschool when she got really famous and proceeded to talk shit to her crush that never knew she even liked him. It backfired on her. The guy ended up with his highschool crush and are/were happily married:

"Petty" doesn't even begin to describe this. I bet it stings her to this day that guy never even knew she liked him at the time.

StingLikeAB

Alt account
Banned
Aug 12, 2019
She always rubbed me the wrong way for some reason so it's not too surprising to me to hear she's a huge piece of shit.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
She has some serious ego issues. Anyone remember the story about her high school crush? She went to her old highschool when she got really famous and proceeded to talk shit to her crush that never knew she even liked him. It backfired on her. The guy ended up with his highschool crush and are/were happily married:

Well... That is something fucking special right there.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018

That quoted passage is like the most incel thing

Deleted member 31104

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
It's actually pretty affecting when it happens to you. I wore a kilt to my post grad graduation ceremony, and we all ended out for farewell drinks and ran into a few bachelorette parties which just became a bit of a gauntlet of attempted and sometimes successful forced exposure. There's not much you can do other than tell them to fuck off.

Nov 15, 2017
Skövde
User Banned (2 weeks): Dismissal of sexual assault
"I just say this now because our culture is set on proving men of power are perverse," Kloss wrote. "But females with power are just as disgusting."

I don't like the language. I guess you need a bone to pick to use that kind of language.
---------------

When I graduated high school and went on a drunken trip to classmates; I, being the introverted one drank a lot and danced a lot. In being that "party animal", a girl walked up to me and drew up my shirt - guessing if I had trained my abs or not.

I had not trained.

I didn't think much of the matter, and continued my night. In fact, it was fun!
---
It isn't weird why these things happen - is my point.

Patriarchy isn't a experimental thought idea. Neither does ideology manifests in social relations just by being thought of.

That occurrence was fun to me. And the most important turn:

- I didn't feel it was out of order.

----------------
Disclaimer: sexual abuse is never ok.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Oh that's not a nice joke people. Don't do this. You don't have the right to show someone else's genitals in public just because you think it's funny.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've asked this before but can someone explain to me why the term 'female' is inappropriate? I thought maybe because it has 'male' in it which is fair enough but then my alternative term would be 'woman' which has 'man' in it.

This is not a troll. What is the correct term to use?

Deleted member 29293

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I've asked this before but can someone explain to me why the term 'female' is inappropriate? I thought maybe because it has 'male' in it which is fair enough but then my alternative term would be 'woman' which has 'man' in it.

Woman. You can use Female as an adjactive when the sex is relevant for the discussion but as a Noun it makes you look like you are talking about a different species.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017

Use "female" as an adjective, not a noun
"The female doctor did X" is ok, weird to say, but ok
"Those females" just sounds like you're an alien, also sounds weird if it was "Those males" as well, no one speaks like that

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017

It's mostly how it's used by some men.
Some not so bright people read this on a forum and then think the whole word is now wrong and forbidden. Only showing they didn't really get it. Just don't use it in a "them females" kind of way. As an adjective it's still the best word.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
He doesn't touch on whether Katy Perry did sexually assault Josh Kloss or not. So, it just comes off as damage control.
Almost sounds like he thinks speaking up about something like this is just 'attention seeking'

everyone seems so needy for attention no matter how they can get it , even at the cost of someone else's reputation. We have a responsibility as a society as individuals not to be careless with our accusations or words.

Then the rest of it is how nice Katy Perry is. I agree with the last sentence but the previous part sounds like something that would be hammered on if we switched genders and were talking with concern about some male producers 'reputation' instead of an allegation of sexual assault.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"I just say this now because our culture is set on proving men of power are perverse," Kloss wrote. "But females with power are just as disgusting."

I don't like the language. I guess you need a bone to pick to use that kind of language.

Dude wtf. His language has nothing to do with the sexual harrassment that this thread is about. Someone whips someone's dick out in public and this is what you choose to focus on?

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
When you look at the lyrics of her songs it's hardly surprising she's someone hung up on her past as a loser. Pathetic and childish abuse of power here, but I have no hope of any lasting damage to her reputation/career.

To be fair, the power dynamics between a man sexually harassing a woman are obviously significantly different than a woman doing it to a man, but yeah this is very wrong, and I don't know how people can see it otherwise. Part of the problem of course is that this is something guys do to each other as well, as a prank or hazing type shit, so a lot of people are going to be desensitized to it.
The social power dynamics are firmly on the side of women when it comes to overt sexual and physical abuse in public. Guys are well like to get their ass beat and/or ostracized if they push things too far.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Dude wtf. His language has nothing to do with the sexual harrassment that this thread is about. Someone whips someone's dick out in public and this is what you choose to focus on?
That whole post was a mess with a pat disclaimer at the end to avoid a ban. If sexual abuse is not ok why does 95% of that post blame the victim and talk about a similar, but less extreme, instance being "fun"?

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

I don't understand this?

He is basically saying that people with power have the ability to be shit regardless of sex and that is 100% true. Power and fame can be abused by anyone.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand this?

He is basically saying that people with power have the ability to be shit regardless of sex and that is 100% true. Power and fame can be abused by anyone.

I think it's more the claim that society is set on casting men in power in a certain light, rather than society outing men who do fucked up shit. Crucial difference.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I don't understand this?

It's a bit "both sides", which really isn't a fair state of affairs in our current society.

It's also a bit us vs them, which makes it seem agenda driven rather than a more legitimate grievance.

Also, has a weird framing or "our culture" vs men in power. Comes off MRA ey. Not a good look.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017

---------------

When I graduated high school and went on a drunken trip to classmates; I, being the introverted one drank a lot and danced a lot. In being that "party animal", a girl walked up to me and drew up my shirt - guessing if I had trained my abs or not.

I had not trained.

---

Patriarchy isn't a experimental thought idea. Neither does ideology manifests in social relations just by being thought of.

----------------
So glad you put a disclaimer because we needed help figuring that out. I have no idea what your point is. So because something didn't make YOU feel very uncomfortable that means we're blowing it out of proportion for someone who claims it did? Great. Some of the replies here are just galling.

Oct 25, 2017
People, focusing on his language rather than what happened to him is not OK..
What the fuck is wrong with you tone policing pricks?

---------------

I had not trained.

---

----------------

If it wasn't for that disclaimer I wouldn't have known.
Shit post.

Last edited:

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the same woman who forced herself onto a kid on TV so I'm not surprised. She's a disgusting piece of shit

Guedezilla

Oct 27, 2017
It really is weird to not see a single warning in this thread with all the bad woke takes flying around.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017

---------------

I had not trained.

---

----------------

cool story bro

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017

---------------

I had not trained.

---

----------------
Disgusting post.

I am sickened by the abuse her dumbass fanbase is hurling at this guy.

And the fact that none of these victim-blaming posts have received warnings is shameful.

OP
OP

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

---------------

I had not trained.

---

----------------
Wtf is wrong with you. Why would you even post this. It has nothing to do with the subject at hand, and if anything is attempting to cast doubt on the fact that women sexually harass, assault, and abuse men.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Disgusting post.

I am sickened by the abuse her dumbass fanbase is hurling at this guy.

And the fact that none of these victim-blaming posts have received warnings is shameful.
Because some posters recognize that there is a double standard here and feel emboldened to post like that. Reverse genders and that poster would have been banned right away.

OP
OP

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's more the claim that society is set on casting men in power in a certain light, rather than society outing men who do fucked up shit. Crucial difference.
It's a bit "both sides", which really isn't a fair state of affairs in our current society.

It's also a bit us vs them, which makes it seem agenda driven rather than a more legitimate grievance.

Also, has a weird framing or "our culture" vs men in power. Comes off MRA ey. Not a good look.
I disagree with these takes. First of all, tone policing his language is kind of gross given the accusation at hand. Second, what he is saying here is that women in power abuse their power and that society is resistant to the idea that women can be harassers or abusers...which is a true statement. You still see 20 year old data being thrown around about how 99% of sexual assaults were committed by men...when in fact that data was collected using a definition of rape that specifically excludes men. Meanwhile modern surveys of sexual assault and abuse victims have results showing that 1 in 5 women experience this in their lifetime and 1 in 6 men do...way, way closer numbers than previously thought. In addition, 46% of men who are assaulted or abused report a FEMALE perpetrator. For some specific demographics, it's even higher (juvenile males in detention report that 89% of staff abuses come from female staff). And that it isn't even addressing same sex assault by women (some studies have shown that the rates of sexual violence between inmates are actually higher proportionally in women's prison than men's (they are high in both of course) but that may just be because women are more likely to report.)

So yeah, the idea that society isn't properly addressing the fact that women perpetrate sexual assault and harassment is true.

Source for some of this data: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4062022/#!po=2.87356