• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
You know, if a man came up to a woman and grabbed her breasts or vagina I'd fully support her slapping or even decking the sketchy motherfucker but as men, we obviously can't do that which means a verbal response or ignoring it altogether.

That's really fucked up by the way.

I just remove their hands and tell them to behave themselves.

One time this drunk woman's hand came out of nowhere whilst I was at the bar and it actually hurt as she fumbled grabbing.

Its that situation where going to a bouncer and saying that woman just assaulted me seems sad to say , rather pointless. As he'll probably look at you non plussed

OG YOLOwen

Banned
Mar 24, 2019
I buy it. She's had a history of skeevy behavior.

Sucks for him though. Super terrible situation to be in.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Oh for sure.

But we were always socialized to see it as an amazing thing. Like you were a stud and an alpha.

When it's grubby and demeaning.

Had something similar happen to me in high school gym class. Two random girls sitting on my lap and grabbing my ass and shit. Reported it to the teachers, but they obviously didn't take me seriously, because the rest of that semester they kept doing it with no consequences.

M1chl

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Czech Republic
Great to see, that when men get sexually harassed that every little shit matters and what could be used against him, is used, like a form of words. Men are not exactly trusted in this departement. Thanks to this, as a victim, I shut the fuck about my incident for 15 years. Which was longer than I was being alive till that incident, which happened at 12.

This forum is not a monolith, but I see people often boasting about "toxic masculinity" but when something like this happend, they act like issue they were so passionately talking about. Basically "you are man, deal with it".

And to be honest this is pretty much the nicest place on the internet, so that is quite sad.

And yes there is a lot of feels and not enough thought went into this post, but...

---
In my honest opinion this assault (well at least in my head) should be punished.

Greecian

Oct 27, 2017
Great to see, that when men get sexually harassed that every little shit matters and what could be used against him, is used, like a form of words. Men are not exactly trusted in this departement. Thanks to this, as a victim, I shut the fuck about my incident for 15 years. Which was longer than I was being alive till that incident, which happened at 12.

This forum is not a monolith, but I see people often boasting about "toxic masculinity" but when something like this happend, they act like issue they were so passionately talking about. Basically "you are man, deal with it".

And to be honest this is pretty much the nicest place on the internet, so that is quite sad.

And yes there is a lot of feels and not enough thought went into this post, but...

---
In my honest opinion this assault (well at least in my head) should be punished.
I'm a victim too. Don't assume that just because I nit picked a word that I'm judging him. That word just gives me a weird feeling, but i'll Just shut the fuck up about it in the future.

Oct 26, 2017
This isn't the first time Katy Perry has done sketchy stuff either. This reminded me of the time she tricked a kid into kissing her on American Idol because he hadn't had his first kiss yet.

I don't get why sexual assaults aren't taken more seriously. For women, it's the fact that people tend to not believe them even with overwhelming evidence. Meanwhile for men, it's the fact that people think getting unwanted touch from women should be okay merely because it's something to be enjoyed, regardless of how the man actually felt.

OP
OP

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

---
This forum is not a safe space for male abuse/assault/harassment victims, frankly.

OP
OP

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a victim too. Don't assume that just because I nit picked a word that I'm judging him. That word just gives me a weird feeling, but i'll Just shut the fuck up about it in the future.
It's just a time and place thing man, that's why you are getting heat. I get the apprehension around saying 'females' but it's not the time rn.

Thanks for mods fixing the title, I should have put accused or allegedly in it originally.

Doby

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissing Allegations of Sexual Assault
Whilst I can sort of imagine KP doing this after a few drinks (I imagine she's a horrible drunk), the guy isn't exactly credible either.

He's been infatuated with her ever since filming the Teenage Dream MV, to concerning levels (writing songs for her, planning an imaginary life together). His post where he makes the claims reads as a pity piece, he mention his gf was cheating on him which has no relevance whatsoever and says he was hurt by KP telling others that having to kiss him during filming was gross even though he was an actor and she a married woman.

He makes out the alleged incident was traumatic and yet he sells dick pics and nudes on his onlyfans account. If it did happen, would someone so comfortable exposing themselves to compete strangers really feel all that traumatised having their ultimate crush doing it instead?

To me this is either delusions from an obsessive man or cheap use of the metoo movement for some publicity.

Having said that, of course it's wrong if he was exposed against his will but context is massively important too.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
He makes out the alleged incident was traumatic and yet he sells dick pics and nudes on his onlyfans account. If it did happen, would someone so comfortable exposing themselves to compete strangers really feel all that traumatised having their ultimate crush doing it instead?

This is some pretty gross logic.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised. She kissed a contestant without permission on American Idol who said he had never kissed a girl before (because of his religion, he was waiting for the right person to kiss) because she thought it would be a cute favor. She caught a little flak for it but it was quickly forgotten because she's an attractive celebrity woman.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Fucked up if true. It's not acceptable, whoever you are.

his use of the words "men" vs" female" tho...

I know we had a thread about using "female" before but Its still widely used on Era and everywhere. Everytime I see the word being used by other women too and I think back on the thread so maybe it's not as toxic as some think.

As for this story. I didnt Katy was a jerk. Lost some brownie points from me.

M1chl

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Czech Republic
This forum is not a safe space for male abuse/assault/harassment victims, frankly.
I don't need safe space, I would just be glad, that in some case it would be nice if all genders would be judged with the same metrics.

To be honest some of threads in here rubs me a wrong way, like that some stuff is blown out of proportion and many times I would just went into that thread and complain. But I am not going to do that, since I also think that this issue is not handled with care as it should. So I simply write nothing. Maybe my history is make a better person...but it still hurts.

Anas

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Perry thought she had the 'privilege' of being a woman.

Imagine if a man does that to a woman?

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017

How do you not see the difference between these two things?

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
This logic is why sex workers have a hard time being taking seriously when they are sexually harassed or assaulted.

It plays right into the "perfect victim" trope.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

"She claims she's been raped but I have proof that she's promiscuous"

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Whilst I can sort of imagine KP doing this after a few drinks (I imagine she's a horrible drunk), the guy isn't exactly credible either.

He's been infatuated with her ever since filming the Teenage Dream MV, to concerning levels (writing songs for her, planning an imaginary life together). His post where he makes the claims reads as a pity piece, he mention his gf was cheating on him which has no relevance whatsoever and says he was hurt by KP telling others that having to kiss him during filming was gross even though he was an actor and she a married woman.

To me this is either delusions from an obsessive man or cheap use of the metoo movement for some publicity.

Having said that, of course it's wrong if he was exposed against his will but context is massively important too.
lol, what the hell. Are you seriously arguing it's okay to expose people in public

Deleted member 6949

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

WTF is wrong with you.

Greecian

Oct 27, 2017

Two entirely different situations. He didn't consent to having his pants pulled down

Oct 25, 2017
Gordita Beach
User Banned (1 Day): Inappropriate Joke in a Sensitive Thread
Perry abusing her female privilege

Also having an onlyfans account means you were asking for it. My advice? View sex as the icky disgusting thing it is.

Miller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

wow

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck right off with this.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Not everyone who uses female is an alt-right. It's still used by lots of people.

Also, disgusting to start caring about word choices instead of focusing on the actual problem at hand.

Pretty much. Focus on the actual abuse rather than concern trolling about "phrasing" trying to make this dude into some bad guy...most people are not even aware of this "female" vs "woman" thing