• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
The Smash community is constantly wrapped up in controversy. You guys are the Jon Jones of the FGC: Could be great, if you would just stop fucking up.

"you guys" "if you would just" yeah fuck off with that. Acting like my scene on the other side of the world is producing killers and rapists is worse than Jack Thompson's crusade.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
This was bound to happen, we're close to bottom of the barrel 3rd party wise so we only have the most fanatic desperate fans left to make request.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
I do feel bad for Sakurai and Harada getting tagged all of time for those requests because I can understand how annoying it can be with notifications popping up like crazy.

I'm just glad I already got the characters I wanted in Smash like Palutena and Banjo & Kazooie so I never have to worry about doing shit like this.

Yeah, I do feel bad for some fans who haven't gotten their favorite characters or wanted characters yet. I already checked my most wanted list so right now I'm just floating aside and see what Sakurai could add from library of video games characters. So far Sakurai did pretty well for first four characters so I have a faith in him doing very well for rest of the choices (hopefully!).

K7P6K4n.gif

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sora never getting in Smash now. I see some Rayman spammers. He ain't getting in either. Don't ask Harada for shit.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I need the spammers to constantly request men characters so they'll fucking finally add a woman as DLC. It's fucking ridiculous.
Did you even click on the twitter link? The post thread that started this whole fiasco has people spamming for Arle, Shantae, Tracer, Ashley, and strangely also Neptune. They are very much doing the opposite with spamming popular female characters.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Damn Smash people... Does Tobias have this problem with Mortal Kombat? Or the Street Fighter guy?

Only Smash huh.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just glad I already got the characters I wanted in Smash like Palutena and Banjo & Kazooie so I never have to worry about doing shit like this.
Same.
I haven't partaken in a lick of this shit outside the official ballot and I've gotten all my "most-wanteds." Guess Sakurai shares similar tastes.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Was Hayabusa spammed?

Seriously though, I echo the sentiment: I got everyone I wanted, so glad I don't have to worry about this roster drama anymore.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Was Hayabusa spammed?

Seriously though, I echo the sentiment: I got everyone I wanted, so glad I don't have to worry about this roster drama anymore.

I think Hayabusa was in the background of one of the shots these spammers used, but he wasn't specifically spammed like Sora and others. If Hayabusa is Character 5, it's probably too late to cancel him anyway, lol.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I think people spamming for characters in Smash is annoying, but Harada's response is just a bit much. He lost it for... really nothing.

Is it? Is it really nothing? Because even I would get pissed off when everywhere I look I find obnoxious Smash requests over here or in youtube comments.

I can't imagine getting spammed directly with that shit.

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
I fucking LOVE this. Comparing the worst of the Smash community to terrorists is a bit much of course, but I hope he is 200% serious in terms of talking to Sakurai about denying the most-spammed characters a spot in Smash. Act like babies, get treated like babies. Hell yeah.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I fucking LOVE this. Comparing the worst of the Smash community to terrorists is a bit much of course, but I hope he is 200% serious in terms of talking to Sakurai about denying the most-spammed characters a spot in Smash. Act like babies, get treated like babies. Hell yeah.

But Ash, one of those characters is Sora. 😉

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Excellent.

Now Squall Leonhart has a higher chance of making it in.

Last edited:

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
But Ash, one of those characters is Sora. 😉

Hah! But you know what, I don't even care. Yes, Sora is my last remaining "golden goose" character and I want him to get in more than I can possibly describe, but if he has to come at the expense of Sakurai enduring the worst of the community and their endless spamming, vitriol, and toxicity, then screw it. I can do without. Sakurai has already given us way more than this community ever deserved and built a truly legendary, impossible-made-possible roster. Hell, I've got Mega Man and Banjo-Kazooie, #1 and #3 of my Big Three respectively. I'm good.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Now we know why Kiryu never made it to Tekken 7. Too many people asked for him so Harada got mad.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So just trolling then?

No? Just not going to change my stance until the community gets their act together and start holding their own accountable. I want them to be held in higher esteem, I really do, but when they and they alone are constantly popping up in the funny papers over crazy shit like this... it's absurd.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
No? Just not going to change my stance until the community gets their act together and start holding their own accountable. I want them to be held in higher esteem, I really do, but when they and they alone are constantly popping up in the funny papers over crazy shit like this... it's absurd.

There is no single governing body to the point where even different majors run different rulesets. Being lumped in with criminals I have no connection to just so you can feel superior is not helping anyone.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How exactly are Smash fans supposed to control internet assholes, let alone on the cesspit that is Twitter?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fortunately us Geno fans are a humble bunch who cheer for our character without going overboard.

It's hard work, but it's honest.

Deleted member 38706

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 19, 2018

I can understand if you're limiting it to just the Smash community in Era, but you're talking about the ENTIRE community instead. That's what we call stereotyping. Honestly, you sound more like an extremist than anyone else posting in this thread. No wonder people think you're a troll.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I can understand if you're limiting it to just the Smash community in Era, but you're talking about the ENTIRE community instead. That's what we call stereotyping. Honestly, you sound more like an extremist than anyone else posting in this thread. No wonder people think you're a troll.

Maybe I was a bit harsh in painting the scene in that broad of a brush, but specifically I'm talking about the individuals that were causing issues at majors and the people there who enabled them. I'll leave it at that and not continue with the derail.