• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
So it's more natural for NEGAN to appear in Tekken?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
what the heck

kiryu/majima would be perfect in tekken

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Fighting game devs are known liars.

Put Harada in a Yakuza game where he fights in the Devil Jin style, like he did in Soul Calibur 5.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
They're right, I'm glad they picked characters that are much better fits like *looks at notes* Negan from the Walking Dead

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that he changed his profile pic makes me love Harada more.

EQER2sQXsAgNY0Z

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Harada for Yakuza! Let's get the ball rolling, characters better not ask him for shit!

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Harada in Yakuza would be amazing. Sounds like a fair trade to me.

Those idiots put in Negan they don't know shit

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
That Hurts man....Harada would be a great character in Yakuza.

But man it feels like I've just been dumped. Kiryu. Dreams crushed right now.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
kiryu already got his smash letter anyway so its fine i guess

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
I kinda agree. The yakuza games kinda come off as yakuza propaganda. Kiryu being this "heart-of-gold" yakuza is some bullshit and I imagine other devs dont want it tainting their games. I say this liking the series a lot, but Kiryu being a hero always rubbed me the wrong way.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Harada was shit on for years, clowned on and now he goes on and says this. Give that man respect for at least attempting to do it multiple times.

Like I said before, it's not on Harada's shoulders. Mans tried to square things away.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Besides how obviously Kiryu fits into the game and it's aesthetic, Yakuza is arguably at its most popular right now, it would almost certainly to high DLC sales.

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
Just make a new VF to put him in, Sega.

Screw it RGG should make a fighter spin off. So many characters.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I kinda agree. The yakuza games kinda come off as yakuza propaganda. Kiryu being this "heart-of-gold" yakuza is some bullshit and I imagine other devs dont want it tainting their games. I say this liking the series a lot, but Kiryu being a hero always rubbed me the wrong way.
This reminds me of one of my favorite gaming conspiracy theories! Sammy purchased Sega right before Yakuza 1. Sammy, being a pachinko powerhouse, has long had rumored Yakuza ties. Once the merger happens, Sega just happens to release a game showing that Yakuza with a heart of gold are good for the community.

:taps forehead:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Kiryu is only in the yakuza for like two of the 7 games he's in.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Why people asking for Baseball Bat Majima? That'd be like asking for Kiryu, but relegating his entire move set to his Beast stance... Majima's iconic and long running weapon is his dagger - Majima uses a bat for part of 0 as a stance and one cutscene in 1 (well, used as a stance in Kiwami as well because recycled assets), but every main story boss fight he gets in the series? He breaks out his badass dagger... I'd accept nothing less if Majima was ever used in a fighter.
This reminds me of one of my favorite gaming conspiracies! Sammy purchased Sega right before Yakuza 1. Sammy, being a pachinko powerhouse, has long had rumoored Yakuza ties. Once the merger happens, Sega just happens to release a game showing that Yakuza with a heart of gold are good for the community.

:taps forehead:
I remember reading this same thing on a Shenmue forum. But you missed the bit about how in addition to totally making the Yakuza propaganda game, they also cancel the anti Yakuza game "Shenmue"... its crazy some people actually believe this stuff...

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Harada outright telling people to stop spamming him with Kiryu requests.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kiryu stays in the Yakuza for like five minutes why is him being the hero a bad thing?

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
This dumb meme needs to stop.

just because he looks like a Tekken character doesn't mean he deserves a guest spot. What would he bring in terms of fighting style, design, appeal that isn't already represented in this game? He's just a lamer Kazuya.