• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
As a so called "member of the community", how do you think the Palestinians killed in the attack would feel about this situation? I'm sure they would be outraged by the fact someone made this about Clinton, not that a Palestinian woman voicing her opinion vocally is being harassed online.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a so called "member of the community", how do you think the Palestinians killed in the attack would feel about this situation? I'm sure they would be outraged by the fact someone made this about Clinton, not that a woman voicing her opinion vocally is being harassed online.

Dude. You just accused me of spitting on the graves of my neighbours. What makes you think you have any right at all to continue any form of discussion with me?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Guess what? You're spitting on their graves by contributing to the harassment campaign against this woman. Good fucking job.
yeah idk if that's really called for, especially considering she clearly wasn't for the woman getting harassed

i don't think this is it chief

you can definitely do it with a lot more tact at least

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
for the record i'm mad that anyone's making this about the clintons at all because the clintons are politically irrelevant now and it's beating a dead horse. the threat's in the administration. in your government. it's an active and live threat and it has the biggest microphone in the world. don't waste your fucking energy on small potatoes when the big ones are crushing all of us

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
Also please stop giving "allies" who consistently signal boost islamophobia the benefit of the doubt.

for the record i'm mad that anyone's making this about the clintons at all because the clintons are politically irrelevant now and it's beating a dead horse. the threat's in the administration. in your government. it's an active and live threat and it has the biggest microphone in the world. don't waste your fucking energy on small potatoes when the big ones are crushing all of us

It's not like you can only do one or the other. By that logic we shouldn't be angry at that irrelevant Australian senator either. Big or small, they all deserve criticism.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
Dude. You just accused me of spitting on the graves of my neighbours. What makes you think you have any right at all to continue any form of discussion with me?
You're the one who's claiming to be outraged that this tragedy is being used to voice support for Palestine. You also blamed the Palestinian woman for bringing this upon herself. I'm trying to give you some perspective.

What's really the issue here? The fact that this woman spoke up or the backlash that's happening as a result? Answer honestly.

And to the people who are saying I'm being to harsh, just know that it's blatant bigotry to say a woman deserves to be harrassed for being vocal after a terrorist attack. I am calling it out.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Been following Lexi Alexander and she's been arguing all day for this young woman. The power dynamics at play here are pretty fucked up with how people are targeting her and digging up stuff from when she was teenager, as if that somehow justifies all of this shit. The right wing nutjobs are using this moment to make this whole thing as a distraction and some of y'all are falling for it hook line and sinker by siding with them. So a college kid was mean to Chelsea, who fucking cares?

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not like you can only do one or the other. By that logic we shouldn't be angry at that irrelevant Australian senator either. Big or small, they all deserve criticism.
political energy isn't limitless
emotional energy isn't limitless
we're people. we can't keep it at one hundred percent for everything. we get tired. we get worn out. political energy is precious and we shouldn't waste it on people who don't matter, like the clintons

Goat Mimicry

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guess what? You're spitting on their graves by contributing to the harassment campaign against this woman. Good fucking job.

You're a being an enormous asshole and a disingenuous prick. Thinking someone shouldn't have focused on Chelsea Clinton is not the same as supporting a harassment campaign. Having looked through Chelsea's Twitter and not finding anything condemning the awful poster the GOP put out on Ilhan Omar (though I could have missed it), I don't personally have a problem with what the student did myself, but you're way out of line.

You said the woman brought it upon herself because she called out Chelsea. This woman was trying to be the voice of her community. Please don't try to feign outrage that's she is doing something wrong here.

That's all I'll say.

I reiterate the first sentence of my post. Why are you making shit up when we can all read the posts that started this whole thing?

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Probably about as accurate to blame Chelsea clinton for a massacre as it is to bring up 6 year old extremely homophobic tweets to discredit her

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
i literally did no such thing
Oh, please. You agreed with this post:
By litigating at the vigil Chelsea was invited to, Lena made it about Chelsea. It shouldn't have been about either of them. It should have been about the 50 NZ people who died at the hands of an islamaphobe.

You're blaming Lena by saying she's the one who did wrong here. Where are your posts admonishing the harassment that's happened? Where are your posts calling out people who are digging up old tweets to smear her? Where are your posts acknowledging how fucked up the response to this situation has been?

I should've seen those before you jumped to criticism of Lena.

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
If only she directed some marvel movies, people would be more likely to look past her comments from 6 years ago.

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
She apologized. She was 13.
See, I'd agree. It's an awful word. But the context is this was 7 years ago and she has since apologized for it's use.
There's nothing wrong with criticising these tweets, or even being unsatisfied with whatever apologies she's made
Can I get receipts on her apology because I've genuinely been looking and can't find it. People keep saying she did, but I don't see it anywhere.

Feel free to PM me as this is a separate issue from this thread; but I do want to know that she apologized.

Last edited:

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
please keep your arguments straight
When there is harassment happening online, it just seems odd that you would jump to criticism of her rather than the response that's happening.

Anyway, I'm going to step away from the thread. I apologize for my harsh language, but it just really pisses end off that people are going to these lengths to attack and criticize the woman when she's the victim. Even Chelsea had the sense to just let it go.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I apologize for my harsh language, but

apology not accepted

When there is harassment happening online, it just seems odd that you would jump to criticism of her rather than the response that's happening
i think she made a mistake giving a shit about anything chelsea clinton had to say or thinking she has any relevance to anything that happened in my city, because she doesn't

i think we're all making a mistake giving a shit about chelsea clinton and that discussion about her should be largely discouraged until a point where she becomes actually relevant to literally anything

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
political energy isn't limitless
emotional energy isn't limitless
we're people. we can't keep it at one hundred percent for everything. we get tired. we get worn out. political energy is precious and we shouldn't waste it on people who don't matter, like the clintons

idk, it just feels like a copout to me. I'm tired of seeing these assholes slip through the cracks because they're politically irrelevant.

These "nobodies" hurt minorities like me every single day, and we're expected to endure in silence. Speak out and we're given a million and one reasons why we're wrong. Don't do this, don't say it like that, focus on the big baddy, don't attack your allies...

It's tiring. My people are getting tone policed just days after a goddamn nobody murdered 50 of us. Nothing has changed.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
idk, it just feels like a copout to me. I'm tired of seeing these assholes slip through the cracks because they're politically irrelevant.

These "nobodies" hurt minorities like me every single day, and we're expected to endure in silence. Speak out and we're given a million and one reasons why we're wrong. Don't do this, don't say it like that, focus on the big baddy, don't attack your allies...

It's tiring. My people are getting tone police just days after a goddamn nobody murdered 50 of us. Nothing has changed.

It's tiring because we're trying to care about everything all at once no matter how big or small. We're seeing the trees for a massive, massive forest.

The shitheads who work against us sucseed here because their strategy is to wear us all out.

They have made it into a fight without rest. An endurance run. And they cackle on convincing themselves that it's all just one big ol' joke, a party pit fun time, while we're in the trenches fighting a war.

This isn't going to work for us. We can't hit everything all at once. We need to focus on hitting them where it actually fucking hurts.

Mod Post - Please cease the hostility

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
We understand that this is an emotionally charged topic, but please cease the personal attacks and hostility. Thank you.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
First of, fuck this woman. She hasn't endured what a Muslim Palestinian woman would have endured. This happens on social media and in real life so for a rich white woman, to even thinking she endured anything close to this shows lack of awareness.

Second of all, the left excusing this kind of bullshit so that Trump doesn't win should learn respect. Minorities shouldn't be used as a tool for your agenda, they should be treated with respect and as equally potential voters.

Third, the Clinton's have said so many disgusting things against Palestine. Chelsea should have known this after defending Israel a couple of weeks back and her mother showing support for Israel years ago in the last war that got a thousand Palestinian people killed.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
It's tiring because we're trying to care about everything all at once no matter how big or small. We're seeing the trees for a massive, massive forest.

The shitheads who work against us sucseed here because their strategy is to wear us all out.

They have made it into a fight without rest. An endurance run. And they cackle on convincing themselves that it's all just one big ol' joke, a party pit fun time, while we're in the trenches fighting a war.

This isn't going to work for us. We can't hit everything all at once. We need to focus on hitting them where it actually fucking hurts.

And we should strive to do so without telling minorities who they should or shouldn't be angry at. Let's not even talk about a united front when white folks can't even be bothered to listen to our opinions, or worse, continue to tone police us. Want our respect? Stop with the crocodile tears and start treating us like human beings instead of cannon fodder.

Second of all, the left excusing this kind of bullshit so that Trump doesn't win should learn respect. Minorities shouldn't be used as a tool for your agenda, they should be treated with respect and as equally potential voters.

This. It's honestly quite disgusting.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Man the Clintons need to fuck right off already. Was pretty annoying when this idiot had to chime in on the ilhan omar situation

Dragonelite

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

With Trump you know he hates minority, with some white liberal you think they are your ally. Then bam they make it all about white people again and gone are your complains and issues.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With Trump you know he hates minority, with some white liberal you think they are your ally. Then bam they make it all about white people again and gone are your complains and issues.

Poltiical activism doesn't just mean an awareness campaign. The fact that we already know Trump is a racist shouldn't affect our priorities.

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that minorities aren't shit unless they tow the line.
Can't afford to make a mistake, heavens no!
Death threats are acceptable for you, you stupid Arab woman.
Now shut the fuck up so we can save your arse.
/s

Fuck off, just fuck off you fucking spinless bastards. I fucking hate everyone.
Fuck the Clintons, Fuck you fake allies who only care about fucking numbers, fuck you.
You refuse to hear anyone out.

SideMatt

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No. If Trump wins, it'll be because of people like you, who willingly line up to capitulate to every single blunder from the white elites and turn around to tone police minorities instead, thus completely disenfranchising them from the one party that can trounce the GOP.

No one is even talking about votes in this thread. Jesus Christ.

We have a white millionaire calling a Palestinian 20 y/o student a "fucking pussy" and dismissing the threats and abuse she's receiving for daring to raise her voice against sacred aristocracy after she saw her people massacred by white supremacists, and you're here telling us that we're doing "purity tests" for not buying that shit?

Go look up the word 'perspective' on a dictionary.
The thread is like, super derailed now, but I thought this post hit the nail on the head.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you serious? Good god, I was talking about people like Clinton. Fake allies who had no problems supporting Israel and throwing Omar under the bus, but now want to appear sympathetic to our cause.

If you were you did not make that clear; you framed it as if you were responding to something you thought I said. In case you need a reminder I'll quote it below.

And we should strive to do so without telling minorities who they should or shouldn't be angry at. Let's not even talk about a united front when white folks can't even be bothered to listen to our opinions, or worse, continue to tone police us. Want our respect? Stop with the crocodile tears and start treating us like human beings instead of cannon fodder.

This is a sensitive topic, and I've had multiple people in this thread visciously attack me already for things they thought I said-- So yes, I was serious.

Anyway I think it's a mistake giving a single iota of a fuck about the Clintons any more. All they are going to ever be for any of us is a massive, massive timesink and a massive, massive energy drain. We don't have the time to deal with that right now. The world is on fire.

SideMatt

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anyway I think it's a mistake giving a single iota of a fuck about the Clintons any more. All they are going to ever be for any of us is a massive, massive timesink and a massive, massive energy drain. We don't have the time to deal with that right now. The world is on fire
I don't think it's specifically about the Clintons themselves so much as it is about people who selectively support minority groups when it's convenient, but immediately turn against them when the status quo is challenged even a little bit.

I just really can't agree that addressing this is somehow a waste. The only reason there's never a good time to deal with this stuff is because so many people constantly say we should just deal with it later instead. We're just talking about it and it really doesn't take that much energy or time to do that.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's specifically about the Clintons themselves so much as it is about people who selectively support minority groups when it's convenient, but immediately turn against them when the status quo is challenged even a little bit.

I just really can't agree that addressing this is somehow a waste. The only reason there's never a good time to deal with this stuff is because so many people constantly say we should just deal with it later instead. We're just talking about it and it really doesn't take that much energy or time to do that.

It's a waste because the returns for the emotional investment are diminishing and leave us exhausted all the time. I'm speaking from experience here. It's like using a high AP skill in an RPG when you're fighting mooks. And I hate that the most convenient metaphor at hand for me right now is a gaming one.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia

Yup, this is it really. Let us (muslims) voice out our frustrations, can we at least have that? For god's sake, 50 of our brothers, sisters and children were slaughtered. At least give us a few days before telling us to toe the line.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, this is it really. Let us (muslims) voice out our frustrations, can we at least have that? For god's sake, 50 of our brothers, sisters and children were slaughtered. At least give us a few days before telling us to toe the line.
Where do you feel like I'm telling you to toe the line?

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
A tragic event happens, and somehow Chelsea Clinton and Kathy Griffin become centered in the discourse around it.

This seems, in part, like an incentive problem. It took less than 24 hours after a massacre for people to get distracted by the chase for social media-friendly controversy.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
She is really high on the list of people who need to stop tweeting for awhile.... She's become embedded in two stories having nothing to do with her in 2019 alone. Take a break Kathy.