• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
My hope is they figure out what to do with Rey/Finn/Poe quickly. Give them an animated show if they're not going to use them for movies.

It makes sense, regardless of that, that they'd want to be careful with post ST stuff. They kind of have things wide open, but the most pressing real-world stuff would be all politics. There could be a really interesting plotline made with the New Republic trying to reforge itself best it can while forces within try to use the situation as an opportunity to gain power.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Didn't almost all the main actors/actresses from the sequel trilogy say, "Nah I'm done with Star Wars"?

If you take them out of it…..what's left of the "sequel trilogy" era? Seems a bit pointless.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to see what explanation they pull out of their asses to explain why everything is reset a few years removed from the end of RoS.

"Oh no look it's the same antagonists with a brand new name and they somehow built everything back up again without the protagonists even knowing!" 😯

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Didn't almost all the main actors/actresses from the sequel trilogy say, "Nah I'm done with Star Wars"?

If you take them out of it…..what's left of the "sequel trilogy" era? Seems a bit pointless.

I think it's less about the characters and more about the timeline. Like, if they jump super far in the future they can't reuse anything from prior movies. If they jump, say, ten years and set it in a shaky but rebuilding New Republic, there's more connective tissue to Star Wars than just setting it after they'd all be dead. Setting it too far in advance also boxes them when the ST gets the same fan resurgence the PT has now, since they'd still have to build towards something else.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad. I hate prequels in general… I feel like it rarely serves to tell anything necessary, and it's more out of fear of advancing the story forward in time

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Just don't give us some remnants of the First Order or something as bad guys and I'll be cool with it. Give us something new instead of retreads of the old iconography.

Wouldn't mind seeing a High Republic movie or two though.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Really just want to move past the sequel trilogy into the future beyond. Trying to forget the damage ROS did.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They really need to forget about the sequel era. There's nothing to build upon there.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually want to see Finn as a Jedi please make it happen
I honestly hope that is the only way he would even dream of coming back to the movies after how Dirty Disney did him and the character. You want me back? I better be a Jedi Knight this time around and none of that ambiguity bullshit

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

The Sequel era is just shittier OT.

Any decent writer would want to use the OT instead.

Post TROS makes the most sense but you'd have to introduce new baddies and make Rey do the whole "Rebuilding" we already are soured on. The sequels are a creative blackhole sadly, I'm sure you can make something work but it's probably not easy

It's best to fast forward a couple centuries

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I honestly hope that is the only way he would even dream of coming back to the movies after how Dirty Disney did him and the character. You want me back? I better be a Jedi Knight this time around and none of that ambiguity bullshit

I don't think he'd do it even then.

I haven't followed every interview Boyega has given on the movie since the trilogy ended. But if his social media at the time was any indication, Boyega didn't just have some for the directors; he was over the fanbase.

And I don't blame him.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't give less of a shit about the sequel era. They so thoroughly shit the bed with everything after TFA that I never want to spend another minute of my time there. Give me the Old Republic, or a Thrawn Trilogy adaptation that pulls Ahsoka and Mando into the plot. Anything but sequel era shit.

OP
OP
Antoo

Antoo

May 1, 2019
I don't think he'd do it even then.

I haven't followed every interview Boyega has given on the movie since the trilogy ended. But if his social media at the time was any indication, Boyega didn't just have some for the directors; he was over the fanbase.

And I don't blame him.
there's an interview of him saying he'd be game if Kennedy and JJ are involved

all 3 of the leads sound like they would come back tbh with Ridley saying recently she will always be Rey and Isaacs promoting the new hotel

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Drop the sequel era, drop the skywalkers. Do something 100 years later. Please don't cause star wars to be latched down let movie producers be creative.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
This is absolutely the right decision. There is way too many prequels and midquels. They need to move on to new stuff.

Let the past die. Kill it if you have to.

Waggles

Oct 26, 2017
The worst thing about Star Wars is Star Wars.

Like, the concepts are great. Laser swords, wizards, SPACE!!.

The sooner they toss out allllll the other shit that came before, the better. Full on refresh with new stories.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Or just disconnect and move on. Make a completely new story set in that universe. Trying to fix the damage that's been done seems impossible.

Also, trying to make stuff in the Star Wars universe make sense seems to be where it always falls apart imo lol
Or actually, try and fix it? I get the hate now but give it 15 years there will probably be a new fan base that loves the sequel trilogy, look at the prequel series, not much love and then the clone wars came out and it made it even bigger.
I know the counter is, well George Lucas had a vision but he also let someone else Dave create the clone wars, if we can get him or someone who has the drive to make amazing stories in this era then it can be restored in some capacity.

Disney isn't just going to sit around and let the sequel era die they'll expand on it and hopefully for the better.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Kathleen Kennedy is so whatever. It's the same as Kevin Feige. Why on earth people listen to anything these blatant corporate mouthpieces have to say is truly beyond me.

We used to be perfectly happy as a people completely ignoring Hollywood producers. What happened?

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Andor looked really good in yesterday's trailer. If Kenobi rocks, I won't mind this new era of getting new quality Star Wars, even if they're mostly on my TV.

OP
OP
Antoo

Antoo

May 1, 2019
the sequel trilogy absolutely has fans if you just look at the popularity of Rey at the parks and how many people dress as her

honestly to me with stuff like what Filoni did with Clone Wars and if you look at what the MCU did with rehabilitating stuff like Dark World or TASM i truly believe the path forward is to not ignore what was made but instead work towards fixing it

the leads from the sequel trilogy were fantastic and new material with them in any capacity could be good

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
I interpret what she is saying as post EP IX films, not necessary anything that would involve the First Order. While possible, not necessarily.

On the other hand, I mean, they have invested a ton of money into their parks which all are very heavily focused on the VII to IX era (between ep VIII and IX really), I can see the draw to put out more movies featuring that stuff to stir more interests in their park experiences. But I hope that's not what they are thinking.

I think they will jump ahead at least 50 to 100 years and start telling stories there. Leaving a gap in case they can ever convince Daisy and crew to do more projects.

Fendajaz

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
People said the same for the prequels
But the prequels had some crazy world building behind them, including imaginative location and world's.
The sequels are devoid of anything creative or new. It's just recycled shit from the OG trilogy.
They're creatively bankrupt, and have no potential for new content.

OP
OP
Antoo

Antoo

May 1, 2019
But the prequels had some crazy world building behind them, including imaginative location and world's.
The sequels are devoid of anything creative or new. It's just recycled shit from the OG trilogy.
i mean the amazing spider-man was creatively bankrupt and yet people are clamoring for a 3rd one now

you know what TASM and the sequel era share?

good casting

i want boyega redemption. i want isaacs to have a meatier role to chew on. ridley is a gem.

Rahfiki

Oct 28, 2017
Idk which I'm more disappointed we're never getting. The Vong or Luke Skywalker getting taken to space court over his Jedi cutting too many arms off in cantinas

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
Thank goodness. I'm way more excited about the future of the star wars universe than all the prequel stuff.

Pez

Oct 28, 2017
What's been handled worse -- the Star Wars brand by Disney or the Halo brand by Microsoft?

This is actually a no Brainer, it's Halo, lol.

Still, Disney really has to dig themselves out of a hole to make people care about anything in the sequel era.

I guess...maybe a series about Finn learning to use the force? Maybe?

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah ok. Thank goodness none of you are writers lol