• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I hope it's good but as with most Netflix action films I'm going to hold off on getting too excited, though it's great to see more female-led action film. Hopefully with David Leitch producing it'll sway more towards great than mediocre.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Need more movies like Atomic Blonde, and Kate. And not whatever the Beckinsale thing was.

Zodzilla

Oct 25, 2017
I like MEW, but all these netflix movies are just shot to look like higher end TV shows to me. They just look and feel cheaply composed then spend for decent effects work and extreme color correction. Had the same issue with The Old Guard.

Also, just based on the trailer, I'm guessing that Woody is the real bad guy here.

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of getting sick of these John Wick-alikes, but looks better than (the disappointing) Atomic Blonde to be honest.

And it looks to be in a totally different league to the garbage that was Gunpowder Milkshake. For one, MEW has the acting chops and presence to be a convincing action star.

jdmc13

Mar 14, 2019
What's with the glut of female led action movies this year? I'm not against it, it's great. My fear is that studios are clearing out the back due to the pandemic and we will stop getting them.

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
What's with the glut of female led action movies this year? I'm not against it, it's great. My fear is that studios are clearing out the back due to the pandemic and we will stop getting them.
I'm really hoping they make that The Night Comes For Us sequel, featuring The Operator.

She was badass as fuck.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
81fqvh0yVlL._SY445_.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like it could be entertaining but I'm getting the same uncomfortable feeling I had with Extraction last year...
yeaa.....

Even with a Japanese girl at her side, it's kinda weird watching a trailer of a White woman murdering exclusively Japanese baddies, like this movie came straight out of the early 90's.

Trying to get a movie with a female lead cancelled? Nice try incels.
This may blow your mind, but there exists people outside of the White feminism & Toxic Incel dichotomy.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I want to like it but the trailer didn't show that much great action. Definitely give it a watch though

Last edited:

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Hope it's better than Gunpowder Milkshake. That was really disappointing

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I'm reading Mistborn and Winstead seems perfect to play Vin, looking at her here.