• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
I always liked the Placebo cover after hearing it in Undertaker/HBK's Wrestlemania promo, but you're fucking crazy if you think it's better than Bush.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Yeah that violin beat is great. Prefer it over this one. Never really listened to Kate Bush much before but she seems like she's gotta be hella influential to acts like Florence and the machine right?

One of the things that made Bush stand out was that her debut album released when she was 18 or 19 years old; and some of the songs on that record she had already written when she was 13 yeras old. She is an insanely talented writer. I think the closest 'more' modern artists would be Tori Amos I think; but Bush has influenced probably every female singer/songwriter since she appeared.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
ra2NRDo.png
Decent, I'll add it to my pop/rock playlist

going off-topic now but Myer's album "Sorry" is pretty great. Motel, Sorry and Desire are some great tracks. If you dig that I can recommend you to check out her other stuff as well.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
haven't watched S4 yet but that song is great and the album it's from is even better. Kate Bush is insanely talented.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Kate Bush is fantastic

I like the Meg Myers cover better though

Dogstar

Oct 29, 2017
Amazing song, from one of the best LP's of all time. Nice to see some fresh appreciation for Kate.

Oct 27, 2017
Hounds Of Love also top tier tbh. Maybe above Running Up That Hill but I'm conflicted.
I prefer "Waking the Witch", "Mother stands for Comfort", "Hello Earth" and even "And Dream of Sheep" to "Running Up that Hill". Don't get me wrong "Running up that Hill" is great and also was my entry point, but it speaks more to how great an album "Hounds of Love" is overall.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Bjork, Fiona Apple, Tori Amos, Florence.etc She was the template and influence for a lot of the eccentric, artsy ladies of the 90's and onward.

One of the things that made Bush stand out was that her debut album released when she was 18 or 19 years old; and some of the songs on that record she had already written when she was 13 yeras old. She is an insanely talented writer. I think the closest 'more' modern artists would be Tori Amos I think; but Bush has influenced probably every female singer/songwriter since she appeared.

Hmm yeah, she seems like a big deal. and listening to some of her singles you can definitely hear that sound prevalent in a lot of other artists such as the ones y'all mentioned.

anyways both the Placebo and Meg Meyers (first I've heard the latter) cover rule. but the original is the best here imo.

Also Chromatics one kinda falls flat on its face, usually like that band but Ruth's vocals are weak af on that.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
low key hate when this happens. coworkers think im "hello fellow kids" 'ing it when i already had songs on my playlist for years

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
I'm all for it if this knocks that dreadful Placebo cover out of cultural memory. The original is a masterpiece (and Hounds of Love is one of my all-time favorite records).

hamghost

Sep 1, 2019
For anyone just coming to Kate Bush through this song, first of all welcome! Secondly I would really recommend trying the album that the song comes from, Hounds of Love:

The first five songs (Side A of the vinyl) are relatively straightforward pop songs, four of them being the singles released from the album. Side B (or track 6 onward) is an interconnected suite of songs known as The Ninth Wave, and it chronicles the story of a woman lost at sea and what goes through her mind during the ordeal. It's honestly very hard to describe how important the album as a whole (and that second half in particular) is to me, and what an affecting piece of work it is.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Also was used in a far better context by a far more popular and influential media property:
www.youtube.com

HBK vs Undertaker WM26 Promo (Running up that Hill)

All copyright goes to the WWE, I am sharing this amazing video package because it is just perfect. :) Awesome song as well ***SONG IS CALLED RUNNING UP THAT ...
Nothing is made better by wrestling. In fact, it does the opposite and immediately makes me want to violently give up on art.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
For anyone just coming to Kate Bush through this song, first of all welcome! Secondly I would really recommend trying the album that the song comes from, Hounds of Love:

The first five songs (Side A of the vinyl) are relatively straightforward pop songs, four of them being the singles released from the album. Side B (or track 6 onward) is an interconnected suite of songs known as The Ninth Wave, and it chronicles the story of a woman lost at sea and what goes through her mind during the ordeal. It's honestly very hard to describe how important the album as a whole (and that second half in particular) is to me, and what an affecting piece of work it is.

the first time I heard "Hello Earth" kinda came and went, I didn't like Side 2 that much (strange, because I sorta come from a prog-rock musical background so I guess my expectations were misaligned or something).
The second time I paid attention to the whole thing and it hit me like a truck. I was entranced. I was having a very emotional, very intimate reaction to that song. The atmosphere, Kate's vocals, the lyrics, that haunting choir. I don't think I've ever heard something that hits me like "Hello Earth" does. It's beautiful and haunting. I think it might be my favorite moment from the entire "Hounds of Love" album ("Cloudbusting" from Side 1 is my other pick).

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I've never even watched the show, and yet somehow this was the exact song I was expecting to have been used.

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
Whoever did the violin orchestration score to match and enhance the Kate Bush song in that scene is brilliant.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Whoever did the violin orchestration score to match the Kate Bush song in that scene is brilliant.
Adding an orchestral accompaniment to your pop song in a hero moment is a winning strategy

www.youtube.com

Spider-Man Into The Spiderverse ‘What’s Up Danger Song’ Movie Clip (2018) HD

Spider-Man Into The Spiderverse ‘What’s Up Danger Song’ Movie Clip (2018) HDPlease subscribe and like our other channels ...For all animation and superhero m...

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably gonna be blasted for this but the version I used to listen to on repeat was the Within Temptation cover:

That said, Kate Bush is one of my favorite artists ever, with Wuthering Heights being one of my top 3 favorite songs ever.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
After I saw it on my TV for the first time, I went back, got on my iPad and connected my super nice headphones and watched it again. Arguably one of the best scenes Netflix has put together in any of their shows, never mind just Stranger Things.

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah this was a given. Always dug the song but now I'm gonna find the original album and pretend it's 1986 for a while lol

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Yes, everything about this correct.

And when you're all done listening to "Running Up That Hill", hop on over to her 1989 classic EP, "The Sensual World".

"The Fog" from that album is probably top 5 for me. Some of her simpler lyrics, but an absolute melding of lyrics, vocals and sweeping production.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Good. There should be nothing but respect for one of the most influential pop artists of all time.