• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zYuuKwn

Jun 15, 2020
The one thing that made me happy about this game so far is the presence of Ashly Burch :v

Oct 25, 2017
This. We need to start having the conversation about opening up the AAA talent voice pool because it's getting ridiculous and borderline cliquey imo.
This isn't really on them, this is Marvel's crew for most of those characters, only difference is
No Roger Craig Smith as Captain America(this could be because he is potentially Batman in Gotham Knights again).
Adrian Pasdar as Iron Man has already been replaced by Marvel elsewhere
Troy Baker was switched from Hawkeye to Bruce Banner who I don't think previously had a significant actor.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
This isn't really on them, this is Marvel's crew for most of those characters, only difference is
No Roger Craig Smith as Captain America(this could be because he is potentially Batman in Gotham Knights again).
Adrian Pasdar as Iron Man has already been replaced by Marvel elsewhere
Troy Baker was switched from Hawkeye to Bruce Banner who I don't think previously had a significant actor.
Actually, they switched a number of their characters back to their EMH counterparts in recent games (Ex: MUA3 now has Eric Loomis, Brian Bloom, & Chris Cox back as Tony, Cap, & Hawkeye respectively). Hell, Troy Baker & Travis Willingham were nowhere to be found in MUA3 for whatever reason (Laura Bailey was Widow, while Nolan North was Rocket & Deadpool).

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Isnt the one with holes in the spandex the comic accurate one from the Matt Fraction era?
latest

Even if it feels a little dumb , its more aesthically pleasing than the other one we see in the trailer tbh
Yeah, really nothing wrong with superhero costumes being a little flashy

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Kate's story picks up after the events of the main campaign, and it leads into Clint's. both are playable.

Weird that the first two characters are both archers, was expecting Hank Pym.
Given the datamine, we may end up with Scott Lang as Ant-Man instead of Hank Pym.

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Love everything except her hair being a dyed version of Black Widow's. "Echo fighter" type characters are super exciting for this. Gimme Rescue and Mockingbird.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Love everything except her hair being a dyed version of Black Widow's. "Echo fighter" type characters are super exciting for this. Gimme Rescue and Mockingbird.
We're getting Mockingbird, but it seems like War Machine will be Iron Man's derivative character. Though I'd honestly pick Ironheart over Rescue (lord knows the roster could use a black woman).

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I thought the reveal was underwhelming since we already knew she was coming before the big leak came out.

crimsonECHIDNA

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I was surprised to see that Hawkeye is not being voiced by a standard AAA voice actor but instead being voiced by someone who hasn't been in many video games (Mr Vincent in Time Tremors and Additional Voices in Uncharted 4 according to IMDB). It's a nice surprise though.

Thats because Troy Baker who always voices him in the cartoons already got recast to be Bruce Banner.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
They keep botching the marketing for this game, showing boring cutscenes instead of the pretty solid gameplay it actually has.

I also wonder how different she'll be to Clint?

Unflattering how? Can you translate?
She looks badass to me. What about her design needs to be more flattering, exactly?

Can't speak for them but the costume around 0:23 with the shoulder and hip windows is just stupid. As usual there seems to be a lot of alt costumes so probably not an issue.

Black Panther has been confirmed too today.

Didn't know about this; awesome, if kind of bittersweet. ;_;

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
OH, Fucking cool. Altho, Ashly Burch must have "I only use bows" in her contract.

Is there footage of Spider-man yet? I thought he was a PS exclusive.... so...?

Oct 24, 2019
We're getting Mockingbird, but it seems like War Machine will be Iron Man's derivative character. Though I'd honestly pick Ironheart over Rescue (lord knows the roster could use a black woman).

We'll probably get Shuri as a derivative of Black Panther if I had to guess

edit:
not to say that Ironheart wouldn't be cool/welcome too, but just that Shuri's where I think the first black woman will probably come in

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
I am sure she is different but two bow characters after each other is a bit annoying
Would have loved black panther,

wars

Apr 26, 2020
Lisbon,Portugal
At least we know that Crystal Dynamics is dropping free content in short periods of time.

I always thought that Kate Bishop was probably a side kick in Hawkeye's story but it's cool that we see her as full character in this game.

Mandalorian

Alt account
Banned
Jun 18, 2020
This. We need to start having the conversation about opening up the AAA talent voice pool because it's getting ridiculous and borderline cliquey imo.
I think some are completely missing the point on why their are going for A List voice performers with this game. They have truly assembled an A team of talent here because that reflects in the game next to Sandra Saad's Kamala Khan. It actually works very well in the game, and I think it's kind of rude to reduce them as "voice work". That's no animation, like they've explained in the interviews, they've been actually acting with mocaps for this game in the last two years. They assembled the most "known" by design, and they are killing it. I'm certain Ashly will kill it, like the main team is already doing in the full game.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So do you have to buy every character or do you get them for free(well for the 60$ you pay to get the game)?

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Not gonna lie, if the only post launch characters we're getting this year are gonna be two Hawkeyes, I'm gonna be a tad disappointed. Not much, but a tad.

Still looking forward to them tho. Especially Kate.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Not gonna lie, if the only post launch characters we're getting this year are gonna be two Hawkeyes, I'm gonna be a tad disappointed. Not much, but a tad.

Still looking forward to them tho. Especially Kate.
Black Panther is probably gonna be December since he was originally gonna be revealed today.

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
Honestly, while it's surprising that Kate and Clint are close... it's not surprising in THIS year. Especially if they're dedicating to releasing characters and story content with new voicework and locations EACH MONTH. A little bit of repetition and similarity between characters is fine.

I'm honestly happy to see this kind of support to a game that has more of a melee, rather than shooter focus. Gun love and fanaticism is so, SO overplayed in much of gaming right now. I like that this games range characters are more about precision and semi-fantasy weapons so far, and less about spray-and-pray realistic ones.

The bit of calm on Black Panther after Chadwick's passing was a nice touch. Once Panther makes it into the game, however, I hope he's the same VA as his MVC3 appearance. I find myself thinking about his character and voicework there, after having BP so uncomfortably shoved back into the limelight. It'll be nice to have a new positive to tie to the character.

Back to Kate, I really only know her due to Marvel Future Fight at first, but have a few comics of hers since then. If she's a unique Echo of Clint, but with some variations, I'll definitely enjoy the semi-clone fighters. War Machine with more Rockets, less Repulsors would be great (and an MVC throwback), even if they functionally do basically the same thing. "Here's my Sunday's best!"

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
I like Ashli Burch and I like bows. Still wavering on actually getting this game or not though. In the beta there just wasn't enough content variety to get a good feel for whether I could enjoy the loop or not, you know? Have to wait and see.

Sesha

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 25, 2017
Aww yeah, best Hawkeye.

Ashly Burch is a good pick. She did a great job as Cassie in MKX, and that kind of performance fits Kate to a T.

I've been a Kate fan literally since day 1, so I'm happy about her hitting the big leagues like this, a rare thing for my favorites. Gonna enjoy it to the fullest. Looking forward to the Hawkguy show.

Last edited:

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
According to the datamine leak that said Kate Bishop was coming, we're getting:

• Ant-Man
  • Black Panther
  • Captain Marvel
  • Doctor Strange
  • Falcon
  • Mar-Vell
  • Mockingbird
  • Quake
  • Scarlet Witch
  • She-Hulk
  • Vision
  • War Machine
  • Wasp
  • Winter Soldier

What characters have all been datamined and leaked?

See the quoted list above that Lady Bow posted.

Given the datamine, we may end up with Scott Lang as Ant-Man instead of Hank Pym.

Oh yeah you're right, it said AntMan2.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Thats really cool and all but I thought they would have spaced her and Hawkeye out with another character. Getting 2 bow heroes one after another is kinda lame. At least this might mean a new character a month.