• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
last thing i want to play right now is another roguelike but i just got off wots 4 and thread is entertaining

probably wait for a sale but i'm tempted otherwise

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Finally unlocked more of the Jikai.

Yeah, after you pay off all of Dojima's Debt, Nanami is unlocked as a Bodyguard for Hire. Make sure you take her with you and defeat Nue and reach the Mysterious Blacksmith. The story continues from there.

Also make sure you dont mistakenly take the tree exit. Apparently a set of stairs unlock to the far left of the map, take those to enter deeper into the Jikai.

Good to know. Thank you very much! Now I just need to have some booming business to speed things up, haha.

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
I just realized you can put more than one Title on your sword. That's really cool.

23764C270DAC7C8462ACB509EBBE95A7B04D6B05

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
Well this sucks, that sword I posted earlier, I lost it. :\

I entered a Danger well and ended up spawning in the middle of a ton of enemies. Next thing I know I get stun locked and pretty much die.

Since my loot is on a Danger Floor, the chances of me finding a danger floor again is pretty slim.

Luckily, I've been storing rare 7* swords, good swords too. Guess I gotta upgrade another one.

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
Is this done as lazy motivation for main character and players or is there any depth to this, and what does her beauty have to do with enough to be mentioned?

It's right from the Steam store page.

Anyway, it seems like I've gotten myself into Debt again.

You might come across some unique dialogue with Dojima regarding debt, and joking about making a Golden Statue. This is actually a real thing, and if you convince Dojima to go through with the idea of making a Golden Statue, it will not only take all your money but it will also put you back into debt lol.

Yes, Nanami also gets taken again.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, so maybe I reacted a bit too harshly earlier. I'm not putting this down. Hell, if anything, the recent hardships only made me want to play the game more. There's clearly a good bit more to this game than is immediately evident, and I get the feeling that it's going to end up being longer than I expect.

Question, though: Has anyone been able to figure out the dodge/parry timing on the beast bosses (Waira, Nue)? Can't seem to figure it out no matter how many times I fight them. So the battles tend to drag on and I've seen the Death God pop up more than once near the end of the fight.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, so maybe I reacted a bit too harshly earlier. I'm not putting this down. Hell, if anything, the recent hardships only made me want to play the game more. There's clearly a good bit more to this game than is immediately evident, and I get the feeling that it's going to end up being longer than I expect.

Question, though: Has anyone been able to figure out the dodge/parry timing on the beast bosses (Waira, Nue)? Can't seem to figure it out no matter how many times I fight them. So the battles tend to drag on and I've seen the Death God pop up more than once near the end of the fight.

I've done it a few times but no reliably. Tbh I save my Katana Time for those fights and blitz them.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
I've done it a few times but no reliably. Tbh I save my Katana Time for those fights and blitz them.

Yeah, that's what I usually try to do too, but sometimes things get rough in the red portals and I end up having to burn my Katana Time to take out a huge crowd that would otherwise murder me terribly. And, inevitably, that happens one floor before the boss, lol.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's what I usually try to do too, but sometimes things get rough in the red portals and I end up having to burn my Katana Time to take out a huge crowd that would otherwise murder me terribly. And, inevitably, that happens one floor before the boss, lol.

Ahh yeah that is a real pain in the ass.

The worst one for me was that I stepped on a buried fire just as I was about to kill the Waira and it killed me. Had to fight my dead guy in the corridor of the Waira fight to get my stuff back. :/

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017

I've had a lot of success with pressing block and dodge simultaneously, often enough if the block doesn't catch it, the dodge will.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Yeees, I'm finally in the booming business state. That almost got me to the next debt repayment of 27500 coins in the next 4 days. I think I earned like over 5000 coins that way. Maybe even more. I wonder how long it will last. Hopefully it's not over after just one day, because that would definitely help paying off the debt. I mostly supported Akadama and Post Town (in that order) which got me here. The Kurofu Family is a bit dissatisfied with Dojima so I hope I can get them up again with some gifts and perhaps fulfilling orders for them.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeees, I'm finally in the booming business state. That almost got me to the next debt repayment of 27500 coins in the next 4 days. I think I earned like over 5000 coins that way. Maybe even more. I wonder how long it will last. Hopefully it's not over after just one day, because that would definitely help paying off the debt. I mostly supported Akadama and Post Town (in that order) which got me here. The Kurofu Family is a bit dissatisfied with Dojima so I hope I can get them up again with some gifts and perhaps fulfilling orders for them.

Mine said it was a 1 day boom, then the next day was a 2 day boom and now it's an all out turf war and I have enough money to pay off Dojima's debt with 6 days to spare. Akadama and Post Town both very satisfied, Kurofu is okay. Feels good man.

Deleted member 25888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Huge crash in a menu. Hard locked. Not impressed. Saw a NUM$ code instead of a value in a bow description too. They need to patch this.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Mine said it was a 1 day boom, then the next day was a 2 day boom and now it's an all out turf war and I have enough money to pay off Dojima's debt with 6 days to spare. Akadama and Post Town both very satisfied, Kurofu is okay. Feels good man.

Nice! Music to my ears. I was afraid it would take me much, much longer, triggering the business boom a couple of times before I'm getting even close to paying of the debt.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Business is booming. It feels so good, lol. I have 40k in my safe now. It now says "two more days", so I guess after those two days there will be a turf war. Would be cool if I could get most of the money needed to fully pay off the debt by then.

I fought another AI controller player character and it dropped a 7 star sword, wow. That's the highest I have so far. It's Iai type, which I'm not a big fan off, but it's good for an alternative use next to my blade based on the "Wandere's blade", which I sharpened to 200 and has a 6 star rating.

I also encountered a quest inside the dungeon where I didn't need to slay someone, just talk to them. They gold me a story and said there's more for another time. As a reward I got some candy, which gives you 15 points when you gift it to Nanami.

This game is so much fun. <3 Maybe, just maybe, one day we're going to see another mainline Way of the Samurai game.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Damn on paper I'm really interested and I dig the first 20 minutes of gameplay I've looked at on Youtube/Switch, but this RPG Fan's review is really troubling and destroys the game, although it kinda reads at times as the reviewer simply doesn't enjoy even the slightest "pure old roguelike mechanic".

For reference: I LOVE Shiren and was always fascinated by Way of The Samurai (but only played the ps2 entries). But I also hate bad/fetch quests, mindnumbing repetitiveness and watered down/no depth action gameplay

But it scares me a little that he loved the idea on paper but hated the execution and everything felt so phoned-in and without urgency and purpose, just repetitive ad-nauseam.

Damn I dunno what to do, and the discount ends in a few hours...

Last edited:

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My turf war is over and now I have a quest to attack one of the clans at night to get tensions back up.😬

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
Business is booming. It feels so good, lol. I have 40k in my safe now. It now says "two more days", so I guess after those two days there will be a turf war. Would be cool if I could get most of the money needed to fully pay off the debt by then.

I fought another AI controller player character and it dropped a 7 star sword, wow. That's the highest I have so far. It's Iai type, which I'm not a big fan off, but it's good for an alternative use next to my blade based on the "Wandere's blade", which I sharpened to 200 and has a 6 star rating.

I also encountered a quest inside the dungeon where I didn't need to slay someone, just talk to them. They gold me a story and said there's more for another time. As a reward I got some candy, which gives you 15 points when you gift it to Nanami.

This game is so much fun. <3 Maybe, just maybe, one day we're going to see another mainline Way of the Samurai game.

I just lost another high upgraded sword, it was also Iai stance. The first sword I lost was Iai stance too. I'm not gonna lie, I think the Iai stanced swords are bugged.

Sometimes my attacks don't come out when I press the attack button, which causes me to essentially die. Avoid Iai if you can, don't make the same mistake as me and upgrade two of them. x_x

I've fallen in love with the Karatake Maichimonji sword, its a pretty common drop with a very good move set. I got lucky and found a 7* one. It's really easy to upgrade too!

Last edited:

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
I just lost another high upgraded sword, it was also Iai stance. The first sword I lost was Iai stance too. I'm not gonna lie, I think the Iai stanced swords are bugged.

Sometimes my attacks don't come out when I press the attack button, which causes me to essentially die. Avoid Iai if you can, don't make the same mistake as me and upgrade two of them. x_x

I've fallen in love with the Karatake Maichimonji sword, its a pretty common drop with a very good move set. I got lucky and found a 7* one. It's really easy to upgrade too!

Too few games offer good katana combat, fewer still ofer Iai stance in any of them.

No way in hell I'm not going to use it when I can, even if I'll cry later. :P

mudai

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, I experienced the same. I actually died with the Iai sword. I wouldn't have minded losing it, but since I also had the best sword on me for the lower floors, I decided to use the medicine to revive on the spot. It's fun using it on the first levels, but one the enemies get more aggressive and stuff, I rather switch to my other sword. But after this experience I'm done upgrading the Iai one(s).

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
It seems if you get each factions ''Smithy Tension'' really high, the shop owners change into more important characters. Not only that, but new items unlock in the shops too! Max them out!

26BE91D05C3A39ECDC28C0FE7F1E87A490ACAEDD

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
How do you get the Smithy Tension up for certain factions? Fuliffing their orders?

Sending them gifts is what I've been doing. Those items that sell for alot are meant to be given as gifts to the factions, the golden hammer, the mysterious globe, kappa shell, gold figure, etc. It says in the item description ''popular as a gift'' or something like that. :)

With that said, im still missing some costumes, the last upgrade for the closet/storage/fashion and there is a menu option that is blank. I haven't been able to figure out how to unlock these.

Right now I'm on the hunt for all the issues of the Dangostini magazines. Trying to see if they do anything if you collect them all.

Last edited:

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Sending them gifts is what I've been doing. Those items that sell for alot are meant to be given as gifts to the factions, the golden hammer, the mysterious globe, kappa shell, gold figure, etc. It says in the item description ''popular as a gift'' or something like that. :)

With that said, im still missing some costumes, the last upgrade for the closet/storage/fashion and there is a menu option that is blank. I haven't been able to figure out how to unlock these.

Right now I'm on the hunt for all the issues of the Dangostini magazines. Trying to see if they do anything if you collect them all.

Ah, whoops! I actually sold all the golden statues (or gave them as a gift to Nanami). Found the golden hammer once and sold it too, but that was before I had the booming business state and wanted to make some money. I also found ham once and sold it, because it was worth 1000 coins (which makes sense considering how valueable it was back then). Good to know though, thanks. I will gift them instead from now on.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Am I understanding right... to foment discord between the clans I just need to sell better to one or two of the 3? Like order fulfillment? Just don't fulfill for one clan?

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
Am I understanding right... to foment discord between the clans I just need to sell better to one or two of the 3? Like order fulfillment? Just don't fulfill for one clan?

Yeah, it's pretty complicated, not even I know 100%. When you fill out sword orders, I believe giving a faction high quality swords increases their factions power. When they become too powerful, they oppress the other factions and then the other factions will start demanding swords. I think that's how it works.

When war finally breaks out, factions might start demanding swords no matter what quality they are. So its good to have a stack of low quality swords to give out when that happens.

Ah, whoops! I actually sold all the golden statues (or gave them as a gift to Nanami). Found the golden hammer once and sold it too, but that was before I had the booming business state and wanted to make some money. I also found ham once and sold it, because it was worth 1000 coins (which makes sense considering how valueable it was back then). Good to know though, thanks. I will gift them instead from now on.

Hoho, I got a nice little surprise when I selected Auto-Hire from the Bodyguard shop. A really good surprise! :D

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
Finally unlocked even more stuff.

I managed to save up the 500,000 to buy the Bethrothal Gift to marry Nanami. Once you do that, you unlock a bunch of stuff. New jikai levels, new bodyguards, the last upgrades to the closet/storage/fashion, and even disguises!

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Finally unlocked even more stuff.

I managed to save up the 500,000 to buy the Bethrothal Gift to marry Nanami. Once you do that, you unlock a bunch of stuff. New jikai levels, new bodyguards, the last upgrades to the closet/storage/fashion, and even disguises!

Woah! Good to see that there's so much more stuff in this game. Speaking of: Do you normally hire bodyguards for your runs? I haven't done it yet because I didn't see a reason so far, but from the sound of it they might be quite useful?

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
What does orange swirls mean around a wandering NPC on the main map (Dojima's area)?

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
Woah! Good to see that there's so much more stuff in this game. Speaking of: Do you normally hire bodyguards for your runs? I haven't done it yet because I didn't see a reason so far, but from the sound of it they might be quite useful?

I like hiring bodyguards personally, its nice to have an NPC following me around and helping me fight. They each have different traits/abilities and some are actually pretty handy to have.

What does orange swirls mean around a wandering NPC on the main map (Dojima's area)?

Not sure to be honest, they usually get that buff when they buy a sword off Dojima.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Be careful about the missions in the overworld!

Chelsea almost killed me, I had to run behind a rock and heal

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Lol Dojima...

He bought something which looks like a mummy but could also be a huge ass vase. Hard to tell. But it's lying on my bed. I asked him about it and he just went "you poor people don't understand anything about art." and then I got the message that I couldn't talk him out of it. Dude, just because business is booming doesn't mean that we're out of the debt for now... I do like how the Kurofu Family gave me a really high order and I made like over 20k just by selling high grade swords to them. I did sell all my good stuff to them now though, so I gotta do more dungeons runs to collect more level 4, 5 and even 6 stuff for such orders. Looks like the turf war will be next, because everyone's military power is super high. I have 54k in my safe now (had to upgrade my locker, which cost 4k) so I'm curious how quickly I can pay off this debt.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
What's the deal with materials constantly disappearing? Seems like every time I go to Dojima to upgrade a sword, most of my materials are at 0, despite knowing I should have some. Are they automatically being used to make the swords that he sells or something?

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What's the deal with materials constantly disappearing? Seems like every time I go to Dojima to upgrade a sword, most of my materials are at 0, despite knowing I should have some. Are they automatically being used to make the swords that he sells or something?

Yes, you can tell him to stop producing swords at the furnace.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Just opened up crafting. Is that how I get access to the DLC swords?

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Since no one seems to do it, I'm ripping the soundtrack of KATANA KAMI and uploading it on youtube when I have the time to do so

I'm gonna need some work finding out which tracks belongs to which areas but I'll get there.