• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone else getting random half second pauses on the Pro when fighting in dungeons?

It seems to happen every 1-2 minutes while I'm fighting something.

NeptunePirate

Nov 1, 2017
I mainly play on my PS4, which is kind of pushing me to that version. Although, the Switch version is on sale for $26.99, along with some coins I was saving for Animal Crossing, I could essentially get it for $10 on my Switch. Hmm...

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
The performance on base PS4 can get seriously bad when on lower levels... Really makes the parries that much harder to pull off. I wonder how is it on Pro/Switch.

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
Hmm, I think I'm stuck.

I can't seem to unlock more areas of the dungeon, I've fought Nue about 7 times and the dungeon ends there. I've met the Mysterious Blacksmith a few times and witnessed the story cutscene when you choose the right dialogue but nothing after that.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Hmm, I think I'm stuck.

I can't seem to unlock more areas of the dungeon, I've fought Nue about 7 times and the dungeon ends there. I've met the Mysterious Blacksmith a few times and witnessed the story cutscene when you choose the right dialogue but nothing after that.

I'm on the same stage. I think this will progress more along with the debt repayment, I believe there's a certain threshold.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
The Switch version runs fine. Haven't had any issues. Visual fidelity is better on PS4 of course, but performance is not bad on Switch at all. It's not a demanding game.
Hm. I can maybe live with 30fps for the Switch version, but all footage makes the game look like it's rendering at a resolution well below 1080p before being upscaled. Is it just video compression giving me this impression, or is that how the game looks on a TV as well?

D-Volt

Jan 31, 2018
I seriously can't wait for someone to rip the soundtrack and upload it. There's a track on Night Labyrinth Forest Floor B4 that's stunningly beautiful and one of the songs that plays on the overworld is just as good. I'm not even waiting for someone to upload them. I'm ripping them myself just so I can personally listen to them as we speak.

Last edited:

NeptunePirate

Nov 1, 2017
I seriously can't wait for someone to rip the soundtrack and upload it. There's a track on Night Labyrinth Forest Floor B4 that's stunningly beautiful and one of the songs that plays on the overworld is just as good. I'm not even waiting for someone to upload them. I'm ripping them myself just so I can personally listen to them as we speak.
Oh damn. This has me excited now. I'm a huge fan of games with good music. đź‘€

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
the soundtrack is great. I think one of them is a remix from WotS1? At least the daytime music at the surface

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hm. I can maybe live with 30fps for the Switch version, but all footage makes the game look like it's rendering at a resolution well below 1080p before being upscaled. Is it just video compression giving me this impression, or is that how the game looks on a TV as well?
No idea how it looks on a TV, only played handheld so far.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
From what I've read from the in-game tutorial, other players will just randomly appear in your world. Anything can happen with these players... they can help you or attack you. And you can do the same to them.

There is also a bounty board that shows players who attack other players a lot, and I believe there is a way to hunt these players.
Souls aspects in a WOTS game???? Color me very interested
Looks like it's 30fps on PS4 as well.
if that's the case I may just pick it up on switch since there's a discount as well.
Man, a lot of stuff is happening in the hub. Roaming NPCs that can tell you more lore and stuff. Very Way of the Samurai-y... hehe. Also:

During night time I got attacked by a serial killer, which was tied to a quest.
Wow this is way more WOTS-ey than I was expecting. Raising up in my priority list now for sure.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
online users need to step up their game if they're gonna try to kill me lol (been doing coop but had a few backstabbers) Learn to Katana Time folks.
also thanks to the guy who tried to attack me and had over 1000 currency on him.

Jun 13, 2018
oh baby. just notice this had released. people enjoying it? insta bought on steam when I was browsing eshop and saw it just now. but cant play until tomorrow, going to bed for work.. crying. it just finished downloading the steam pop-up just said. I'm gonna go brush my teeth with tears. :O

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I think I'm stuck.

Glad it's not just me. I'm up to three kills against him and have a ~110 strength version of his sword that's wrecking most anything I run into.

What's the right dialogue to choose?

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like a dumb-dumb but how do the skills actually work?
Ever play Dynasty Warriors?

Go to your equipment menu and hit triangle or whatever the equivalent is for you and you'll get to see which skills you have unlocked for that weapon. As you level up the sword through use, you'll unlock new moves.

Some have symbols and you can look at the Skill Element List to see what they do. Some break guards, others have knockback, etc.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ever play Dynasty Warriors?

Go to your equipment menu and hit triangle or whatever the equivalent is for you and you'll get to see which skills you have unlocked for that weapon. As you level up the sword through use, you'll unlock new moves.

Some have symbols and you can look at the Skill Element List to see what they do. Some break guards, others have knockback, etc.

Thanks, I'll have to have a look.

I kept doing a weird backflipping move with one of the one-handed weapons but I was confused because when you learn them it just says "Y" or "-> + Y"(on Switch).

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, I'll have to have a look.

I kept doing a weird backflipping move with one of the one-handed weapons but I was confused because when you learn them it just says "Y" or "-> + Y"(on Switch).

Moves get filled in as you level up and the combos themselves get longer. It doesn't do a great job of telling you that 'hey, you just unlocked attack #3 in the basic Y chain'

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, I think I'm stuck.

Ah shit, I hoped triggering that cutscene would actually unlock further dungeon levels. I'm at that point too, awaiting the next debt repayment on day 11 or so. I feel like it was a mistake betting on Akadame, because their military level is way below Post Town's. So I guess I will focus on them for now to hopefully trigger a turf war to sell more swords. I'm good with money for now, but I'm not sure how high the debt will be after I paid off those 3000 coins.

sensui-tomo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didnt like the number the debt climbed to... damn Dojima, what caused your debt in the first place.

sensui-tomo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah that makes sense, dude who deals in gacha mechanics for sword upgrades must play some gacha game. At least he doesnt break the damn sword and expect to be paid like he did in a previous game.( I think it was WOTS 3, as I cant remember jack from WOTS 4)

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone try quitting the game while in the Jikai? The warning when clicking on "return to title screen" made it sound like that you will stay on the floor but you will lose the items you selected on the floor you're currently on. That would be fair! Because those runs can get quite long depending on if you're looting everything, find shortcuts etc.

D-Volt

Jan 31, 2018
There are no heroes in this game. Dojima's a dick for getting into debt irresponsibly, Beniya's a dick for taking Dojima's daughter and you're a dick for using Dojima's debt as a means to essentially purchase his daughter from him.

Everyone's a dick and I love it.

sensui-tomo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are no heroes in this game. Dojima's a dick for getting into debt irresponsibly, Beniya's a dick for taking Dojima's daughter and you're a dick for using Dojima's debt as a means to essentially purchase his daughter from him.

Everyone's a dick and I love it.
Had a sad story about a post town Ronin's mom was abused by his dad and he left due to it and says he regrets not helping his mama. Says we should think of our mom and not do the same.

NeptunePirate

Nov 1, 2017
Bought it on the Switch, using my coins and only paid $12. Went through the first 10 floors and at the exit, the guy that is 5th on the Fugitive list was waiting for me. I was able to run around and exit before he killed me. lol

sensui-tomo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So am I too optimistic in hoping with this game they announce a new Wots for 2022 for its 20th anniversary?

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Put an hour in so far, and this is unironically a Shiren the Wanderer game but realtime, and with a Way of the Samurai paint job. It's amazing!

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Debt repayment coming up tomorrow, and I've got the 3000 coins (just under 5000 actually), but I'm kinda at the point that I don't know how I'll raise more than that for the next one. Still don't understand how I'm supposed to play the factions against each other or get that "business is booming" or whatever event.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Put an hour in so far, and this is unironically a Shiren the Wanderer game but realtime, and with a Way of the Samurai paint job. It's amazing!
It feels similar to Shiren in basic structure (which I love) but it is very much a WotS game. The characters, the factions, the combat system all feel very WotS. I think it is enough of each to appeal to fans of both series though.

D-Volt

Jan 31, 2018

Especially when you put the Wanderer outfit on. Then it's a Shiren game that plays like Way of the Samurai and a Way of the Samurai game that plays like Shiren simultaneously.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So does anyone know what happens if you don't pay back the money? Do you eventually start over with your level intact and items/weapons that were stored?

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
Finally!!!

394A44FA862B8E3DA13D191EAA18AC6B4D943D59

arit

Oct 29, 2017
There is an upgrade for a larger purse, right?
My inventory being at max all the time I can somewhat deal with, but not being able to gather more money during a run? That is just cruel.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017

Woah! Did you figure out how to progress after Floor 20 in the Jikai? I'm about to jump back in and wouldn't mind some pointers.

There is an upgrade for a larger purse, right?
My inventory being at max all the time I can somewhat deal with, but not being able to gather more money during a run? That is just cruel.

Accesoires are your friend. There's a bigger purse than can hold over 2000 coins for example. There are other accessoires to increase your inventory capacity as well. It's definitely worth buying the upgrades to be able to wear more accessoires.

Tremis

Oct 29, 2017
I'm a big Shiren fan. Do I want this?

edit: Nvm. I read some comments. I may pick this up.

Last edited:

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Im out of the loop.

Is this game a sort of Shiren the Wanderer?

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Im out of the loop.

Is this game a sort of Shiren the Wanderer?

It's a mix of Way of the Samurai and Shiren the Wanderer. It's more of a Way of the Samurai game using the structure or framework of Shiren the Wanderer. Biggest difference: Combat is in real time and uses all the elements Way of the Samurai is using (stances, skills etc.)

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's a mix of Way of the Samurai and Shiren the Wanderer. It's more of a Way of the Samurai game using the structure or framework of Shiren the Wanderer. Biggest difference: Combat is in real time and uses all the elements Way of the Samurai is using (stances, skills etc.)

Wow, I love Shiren, dont know about theother series, but fell terrible of only hearing about this now, gotta check it out

Which version is better? Ps4 or switch? Also is going to have a physical version?