• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
Katamari Damacy was a budget release in the West, but I am fairly certain it was close to a full priced release in Japan. It was definitely more than $20. We <3 Katamari was like 4900 yen, sooo...

YellowBara

Oct 26, 2017
lol at the part where he gets stuck under the kotatsu. It cracks me up when that kinda thing happens in Katamari

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Framerate looks better than the trailer, but the textures don't seem like they've had any love, just merely upscaled. (I'm not talking about changing the style, just cleaner textures)

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Some offscreen Switch footage

Looks good unlike the trailer

Thanks for that. Got worried at first when the Prince looked a bit "wider" then I remember, thinking that they just stretched it to make it widescreen, but after comparing to older footage I'm glad that that isn't the case. He does appear to just be a little wider but it is actual widescreen as well.

Now to just wait for it to go up for preorder on not gamestop.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Sir Mervyn

Nov 7, 2017
Ok, so I searched everywhere but a physical copy of this game is nowhere to be found. I already assumed that we europeans will only get it as a digital game, but there isn't any american site to preorder it?

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
still wondering why it's 40 when it doesn't include the sequel

edit: ok 30 is more palatable. still strange the second isn't being remastered.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
since it's gamestop exclusive that means no shop would bother importing it here. sad but digital is good enough for this game. the price seems fair too.
i REALLY hope this sells well and they port we love katamari too, as i haven't played that one on ps2 either.

Sir Mervyn

Nov 7, 2017
This isn't true is it? We didn't even get the original game so Bamco could at least do the decent thing and give us the option to finally buy it physically.

Well, in the last Nintendo Direct, Katamari Damacy was announced this way

zmGXrOf.png

I could be wrong, but I think they only add the Nintendo eShop logo when the game is digital-only. That logo wasn't there in the US Direct.

However, it would not be the first time Bamco is wrong about formats.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
The Swiss shop with the unfortunate name has it listed and it looks like a physical edition.

sw_katamaridamacyreroll.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
So was this always 12/6 and not 12/7? Coz now my GameStop says it's thursday and not Friday. Helps a bit since Friday is all Smash lol

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the steam page still isn't up. is it normal for games to not have a page like 4 days before release?

Hope the demo grabs a new audience for this fantastic, wonderful, incredible game!!!
the demo is pretty bad, i wish it was better because it really won't make newcomers very excited about the game. it's super short and doesn't explain the controls at all.

VG Aficionado

Nov 6, 2017
Still no Steam page or anything. What a low-key release, although I'm aware of the low-budget nature of the series.

Oct 25, 2017