• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even if India and Pakistan go at it, there's no one else to join either side. This is nothing but uninformed people stroking their apocalypse fetishes.

Well, the fact that Pakistan and India both have nuclear weapons at their disposal, everyone will be linked to this if they actually go at it

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Indians crossed the Pakistani border, not just the disputed Kashmir territory for the first time since 1971 war, no proof it even succeeded but it shedding some trees, pakistan had to respond because it's sovereign line was threatened and when it did suddenly #peacenotwar started trending in india

they didn't cross LOC hoping for a war, neither is there any idication that Indian government support or promots war. Objective is simple, there are terrorist camps on Pakistan soil, this has been proven time and time again by not just India but also US. And Pakistan has never taken any action despite the allegations. So if you can't take care of this shit, we will handle it our way. Thats basically the message india is sending. There can't be a fucking peace talk if you can't even accept the fact that these terrorist groups exist.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Indians crossed the Pakistani border, not just the disputed Kashmir territory for the first time since 1971 war, no proof it even succeeded but it shedding some trees, pakistan had to respond because it's sovereign line was threatened and when it did suddenly #peacenotwar started trending in india

I get what you mean, but you have to understand that the narrative in India (among the liberal journalists you quoted) is that the original airstrike was against terrorists and not Pakistan, even if it took place in Pakistani territory. Pakistani planes skirmishing with Indian ones and then a pilot getting captured is an escalation with Pakistan.

If you can find anyone baying for blood against Pakistan itself and then clamouring for peace, sure, I guess?

Window

Oct 27, 2017
they didn't cross LOC hoping for a war, neither is there any idication that Indian government support or promots war. Objective is simple, there are terrorist camps on Pakistan soil, this has been proven time and time again by not just India but also US. And Pakistan has never taken any action despite the allegations. So if you can't take care of this shit, we will handle it our way. Thats basically the message india is sending. There can't be a fucking peace talk if you can't even accept the fact that these terrorist groups exist.
It's not that simple though. No country would tolerate unsanctioned attacks conducted by some other nation within their borders, regardless of whether it was directed at terrorists or not. The US is probably the sole exception who can get away with it.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
It's not that simple though. No country would tolerate unsanctioned attacks conducted by some other nation within their borders, regardless of whether it was directed at terrorists or not. The US is probably the sole exception who can get away with it.

Even in the Osama case, I remember Imran Khan showing extreme displeasure at the fact that the country's sovereignty was breached and that it was embarrassing for the then government.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Pakistan has confirmed that only one pilot is in custody. The stories from both sides are finally starting to match up.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
i am genuinely confused by some of you. India carried out a strike based on intelligent to destroy training camps. It wasn't on Pak army, or civilians, it was on terrorist. And india media and indians are celebrating. So what exactly is wrong with that again? and how is that promoting war? why are people so butthurt that IAF killed some terrorists?

It would be nice if it was this, but as of yet there has been 0 evidence from IAF about what targets they struck or were aiming for. They claim to have destroyed some buildings and killed 300+ terrorist, no nearby village/town reports suggest anything like that. No influx in any hospitals etc.

As of yet, this is turning out to be another phantom surgical strike like the last time. However what is true is that IAF air crafts did enter Pakistani air space and dropped off some bombs whether on a building or empty forested areas and Pakistan did warn about retaliation of some kind. The Pakistani authorities have been real quick in providing evidence, whether it be from the wreckage of the payload the IAF crafts dropped or now this captured pilot. No such effort from the Indian side besides wide claims of 'hitting a lot of targets' or 'killing a lot of people'.

It's unfortunate but this looks like a Modi-led stunt for his re-election campaign, he's already using it as fuel for his campaign speeches.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
While it's good to see that the captured pilot is being treated well, it's still weird as hell to me see it posted on twitter and not communicated directly to the Indian government.

raygcon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So I assume you think China has no interest in India and Pakistan, well you might want to read up on that

Do you have source for that? I mean I never heard China would care to participant in any conflict between India and Parkistan. The only problem they have with those countries is typical border clash issue.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
The "detailed statement" from the MEA seems to have been released. I haven't found it in its entirety yet, but the briefs, from the ANI Twitter:

"MEA: Acting High Commissioner of Pakistan was summoned this afternoon by MEA to lodge a strong protest at unprovoked act of aggression by Pakistan against India earlier today, including violation of the Indian air space by Pakistan Air Force & targeting of Indian military posts"

"MEA: This is in contrast to India's non-military anti-terror pre-emptive strike at a JeM terrorist camp in Balakot on 26 Feb 2019."

"MEA: It is unfortunate that instead of fulfilling its international obligation & bilateral commitment to take credible action against terrorist entities and individuals operating from its soil, Pakistan has acted with aggression against India."

"MEA: India also strongly objected to Pakistan's vulgar display of an injured personnel of the Indian Air Force in violation of all norms of International Humanitarian Law and the Geneva Convention."

"MEA: It was made clear that Pakistan would be well advised to ensure that no harm comes to the Indian defence personnel in its custody. India also expects his immediate and safe return."

DarkLordMalik

Oct 27, 2017
i am genuinely confused by some of you. India carried out a strike based on intelligent to destroy training camps. It wasn't on Pak army, or civilians, it was on terrorist. And india media and indians are celebrating. So what exactly is wrong with that again? and how is that promoting war? why are people so butthurt that IAF killed some terrorists?
That is only if you look at things one way, which is the Indian side. The claim of strike and casualties have yet to be proven by any source while the Pakistani side of the story is with zero casualties and only a few craters being formed due to the payload being dropped by the Indian jets. If you drop multiple 250 KG bombs, there will be aftermath which wasn't the case here hence it was called as a bluff from India.

The other way to look is how IAF violated LoC and this is no laughing matter. So Pakistan had to prepare a reply back, which they did today.

Acevil

Oct 30, 2017
Do you have source for that? I mean I never heard China would care to participant in any conflict between India and Parkistan. The only problem they have with those countries is typical border clash issue.

China has many personal interest in this conflict or any conflict between these two nations (China lately has been basically getting a good relationship with Pakistan and various countries surrounding India). Also China has its own border issues with India.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
So that's Pakistan/India with War tension and Israel/Syria-Iran too. Where else should we be worried?

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even if they were to nuke each other which is highly unlikely, it's not WW3 or a nuclear winter. Get a grip.

If you don't think it would have ramifications everywhere else in the world, you're misguided. You're looking for the worst two things. Two nuclear powers launching nuclear weapons at each other has never happened.

Snake Eater

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I mean China is heavily linked economically, obviously they would never publicly say they would participate in conflict

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Here's the full statement from India's Ministry of External Affairs.

A key detail that was left out of ANI's tweets:

Regret was expressed at continuing denial by Pakistan's political and military leadership at the presence of terrorist infrastructure in territories under its control. A dossier was handed over to Pakistan side with specific details of JeM complicity in Pulwama terror attack and the presence of JeM terror camps and its leadership in Pakistan. It was conveyed that India expects Pakistan to take immediate and verifiable action against terrorism emanating from territories under its control.

That definitely sounds like a de-escalation to me because it looks like India wants to engage with Pakistan diplomatically now.

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't Obama state that there is no reason to suspect the government knew about Bin Laden's whereabouts?
He would never accuse their "ally" directly. Who believes they wouldn't notice a huge complex in the middle of nowhere?
They have different leader now. Can we be hopeful (for a changing pakistan) instead of cynical for once?
I do hope, but they have done jack shit to curb these terrorists to date.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't it be easier for China to jus wait until they destroyed themselves, then wait a century or two for the radioactivity to settle down, and annex whatever part they want?
I don't think anyone operates or makes plans for a century or two long timeline.

These two officers actually operated with 10x more class than the Indian media/government.

I don't see the "vulgar display" as purported by the MEA statement. Hopefully they de-escalate this nonsense.
That was in response to the previous video, where the pilot was blindfolded + visibly injured.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
I don't see the "vulgar display" as purported by the MEA statement. Hopefully they de-escalate this nonsense.

I think they are referring to the images and video that showed him with a bloodied face (which, from the evidence, really looks like it was inflicted by civilians and not the Army). Pakistan tweeted the video originally, but then deleted it. I'm not familiar with the Geneva Convention, so I don't really know if it broke that or what.

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
I think they are referring to the images and video that showed him with a bloodied face (which, from the evidence, really looks like it was inflicted by civilians and not the Army). Pakistan tweeted the video originally, but then deleted it. I'm not familiar with the Geneva Convention, so I don't really know if it broke that or what.
Technically your not supposed to make a public curiosity of POW's, but I don't think there is a single nation that has ever followed that rule.

(Edited post using more accurate nomenclature.)

Last edited:

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
These two officers actually operated with 10x more class than the Indian media/government.

thats because you haven't seen the initial videos and imagies they released

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017

They'd have been damned if they it, damned if they didn't. The original video was already circulating news coverage and if the last/only thing anyone saw of the pilot was him being surrounded by a civilian mob, that would be an equally bad look. I would say releasing a follow up showing the pilot is A-OK and being treated well was almost a necessity to save face.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
This is escalation has there was before. It's the msy serious one in years. It But it will deescalate at some point.
There won't be a nuclear conflict because of this.

ishan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even in the Osama case, I remember Imran Khan showing extreme displeasure at the fact that the country's sovereignty was breached and that it was embarrassing for the then government.
Yup. Basically the US had enough stealth tech to infiltrate deep and get out before things were noticed etc. No country likes/wants unauthorized military action on its soil/airspace. Even if it is against terrorists.

You have to love the code of ethics by modern military shared by almost all the nations

Yes, this is good to see.

Dec 31, 2017
I see thanks for clarifying. Regardless that video seems in good faith.

raygcon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I mean China is heavily linked economically, obviously they would never publicly say they would participate in conflict

If it's Bangladesh or other small countries where they have some projects which relate to their one belt one road initiative or given them loans, sure. I never heard China has anything like that with India/Parkistan though. The only thing is high speed train project which hasn't even been approved yet. Or if we talk about the consumer market, the same thing apply to every other countries which has access to both countries too.

India and Parkistan has been in conflict since the birth of Jesus and I still haven't seen any country care to participate in that. Even the west. I reall really doubt China care enough to be part of this. They get nothing out of it.

Ebullientprism

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Normally I wouldnt be worried and say that de-escalation would kick in before it gets crazy. But Modi has an election to win and he will happily do it over a mountain of corpses if he has to. TV news has been salivating for a war too.

Maybe like a 7 on a 1-10 worried scale.

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
Normally I wouldnt be worried and say that de-escalation would kick in before it gets crazy. But Modi has an election to win and he will happily do it over a mountain of corpses if he has to. TV news has been salivating for a war too.

Maybe like a 7 on a 1-10 worried scale.
This pretty much echoes my thoughts. Whether or not this escalates depends on Modi's reaction.

SublimeAnarky

Oct 27, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark
He's been cleaned up. There is footage of the other pilot (who looked dead or very close to death at the time) and this guy blindfolded with blood pouring down his face with that same background.

Pakistan has now reversed its position on having shot down 2 Indian aircraft and having two pilots in captivity.

LINK

It would appear that India's narrative of events might be more factual with 2 planes having been lost, one from Pakistan and one from India - with the Indian pilot being treated well as is evidenced in the video above.

The reports of two parachutes being seen and the aircraft crashing in Pakistani territory might have been from the PAF F-16 which I believe flies with 2 crew.

With Imran Khan's message, the resumption of air travel into North India from earlier, the video of the Indian pilot and India having handed over a dossier to Pakistan confirming terrorist activity on Pak Soil, I'm hoping that the worst is past us.

EDIT: The video in that article is sensationalist crap, but it does convey the position change.