• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
www.cnn.com

Karine Jean-Pierre to become White House press secretary, the first Black and out LGBTQ person in the role

Karine Jean-Pierre will become the new White House press secretary when Jen Psaki departs her role next week, President Joe Biden announced in a statement Thursday, becoming the first Black and out LGBTQ person to hold the position.

Karine Jean-Pierre will become the new White House press secretary when Jen Psaki departs her role next week, President Joe Biden announced in a statement Thursday, becoming the first Black and out LGBTQ person to hold the position.

Jean-Pierre will formally begin following Psaki's last day, which will be May 13. CNN reported in April that Psaki was planning on leaving her role for one at MSNBC.

Last May, Jean-Pierre became the second Black woman in history to hold the daily press briefing. She has served on the White House's senior communications team since Biden took office and before that was an adviser to his campaign and chief of staff to now-Vice President Kamala Harris.

Love to see it!

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
They going to miss Psaki(they, chuds in the newsroom)

Realyst

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats to her! She had to have put in some serious work to get that job!

You know, it's crazy when you think about how, in the year of our lord 2022, she is THE FIRST to have this position. You mean to tell me that there were never any qualified Black women that applied before her?

Like, never ever?

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I'll miss Psaki too, but Jean-Pierre has had some good exchanges at MSNBC and she was a spokesperson for MoveOn.org. I think she's got the chops.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
My earnest congratulations to her, and I hope she gets some meaningful good news to deliver over the months ahead.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Huge congrats to her.

Cannot wait to see the reaction of the Right Wing shills like Douchey get put in their place by someone who is so wholly against what they believe in.

Gorger

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Incoming a barrage of "sHoUld'nT We HiRe bAsEd oN QuAlITy iNsTeAd oF OrIeNtaTiOn?" and "FoRcEd DiVeRsItY!11!!"

Congrats to her!

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Jean-Pierre will formally begin following Psaki's last day, which will be May 13. CNN reported in April that Psaki was planning on leaving her role for one at MSNBC.
I'm surprised how fast it goes from dealing with the press to becoming the press. Though apparently not uncommon

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats to her! She had to have put in some serious work to get that job!

You know, it's crazy when you think about how, in the year of our lord 2022, she is THE FIRST to have this position. You mean to tell me that there were never any qualified Black women that applied before her?

Like, never ever?
You know damn well the answer

morningbus

Oct 31, 2017
We can posture all we want about the conservative response to her, but you all will be calling her a war criminal by week two.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
We can posture all we want about the conservative response to her, but you all will be calling her a war criminal by week two.

Oh no, those people don't show up to these threads. Unless it's to drop a "more <clapping emoji> diverse <clapping emoji> mouthpieces <clapping emoji> for <clapping emoji> western <clapping emoji> Hitler" take.

SilentSoldier

Oct 27, 2017
As much as I enjoyed Psaki's comebacks, I think it was stated that she was doing it temporarily. Excited to see Karine step into the role.

madstarr12

Jan 25, 2018
Republicans: "Black...woman...AND LGBT? Biden's white house is obviously out to destroy the fabric of America!!"

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, the /r/news thread on this is a dumpster fire.

Nearly every comment is suggesting that she was only hired to check some boxes. This country is disgusting.

She is extremely qualified by any measure.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Very happy for Jean-Pierre!

I've followed them for years, and they're always a class act on the podium. Very quick and easy to understand with their answers.