• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bing

Banned
Apr 27, 2020
nowhere, canada
Launch period consoles usually have a higher rate of failure, I don't see this being indicative of a widespread problem as of right now

If we see more reports as people start getting their consoles then I'd start to worry

Last edited:

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
your bound to always have a couple dead electronics. you cant make everyone perfect 🤷‍♂️

Sevyne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Every gen we get this happening on both side, and people still act surprised. At least the posts in here so far know this, but it won't be long before the doomposters come in.

Oct 27, 2017
Well, electronics fail. It is expected that if one of the very few available fail, fuzz will be made despite not being confirmed as an actual issue.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
He's says in the video to not use his dead PS5 for console warring and that Sony has been helping him get a replacement. The video was mostly to let his viewers know there'd be delays with his PS5 video content.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Can a mod change the title?
His name is Karak
Probably just a typo or autocorrect but still

There are lemons out there. They always exist.
Now if it starts happening to multiple people then we have reason to be afraid (I see you joy con drift) but nothing to worry about yet.

Waaghals

Oct 27, 2017
This was bound to happen to someone. I don't think this is indicative of any larger issue. It really sucks for him as he was presumably wanting to create content with it.

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
I'm not saying it's his case, but with youtubers and Social media, these situations are going to be bigger than they are. And I always wonder, how many people mess up their consoles to get some views and clicks.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
It's one console out of a launch of how many Sony released. Usually someone ends up sadly with a defective console at launch. Hope he gets his fixed or replaced soon.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Remember when people thought the PS4's Blue Light of Death was gonna be a huge thing

Unfortunately, electronics do not have a 0% fail rate, hopefully Sony's turn around time is quick

VaanXSnake

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
My serie X died almost 2 or 3 hours after I bought it, I'll have to wait weeks now to get repaired so it's not surprising if PS5 are dying too

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Is it a firmware issue? Sounds like him and Yea had bricked console because of it? Corrupted storage?

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
One of the risks of being first to the party is having this happen and then it being blown way out of proportion. Stuff breaks.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
One person out of how many so far? Don't think we should fire the alarms yet until it gets to a concerning rate. This is bound to happen with hardware in general. Pretty enlightening from cautionary standpoint though.

Oct 27, 2017
I assume it comes with the stock 1 year Sony warranty. Bummer. My launch PS4 actually died a month before the warranty expired but other than that I've had no issues other than a 3 year old Wii system dying. Fingers crossed I'm not one of the unlucky few who get a bad unit

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't mean much at this point, but I am curious to see what the failure rate will be on these things. This year has been so fucked up for manufacturing and supply chains of any kind. I didn't think we'd even get new consoles this year.

NullPointer

Oct 27, 2017
Mars
One of the many reasons I'm glad I'm not jumping in at launch this time around.

Got burned in one way or another each and every time. Bad hardware, missing features, waiting on must have games and patches and peripherals. There's no way these things aren't coming in hot under the best of circumstances, but I'm sure COVID and general 2020 fuckery doesn't help matters.