• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I love brutalism.

m94yLdC.jpg
SDGf3Iy.jpg
hRNPsoe.jpg
H6i2OvU.jpg
hVc0eVc.jpg
GAysNtR.jpg

Last edited:

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Affordable my ass. Affordable by Amazon couples who want to build a San Juan Island retreat

Kanye is a completely lost human being.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Kanye ain't fucking with broke niggas anymore

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Looks very much like the place we just moved into in DTLA, hah. I love all the cement and clean simplicity but it's definitely not for everyone. Also the renderings are clearly of a multi-family building, not a single home.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Yes because courtyards overlooking a fireplace and vaulted cielings are totally gonna be affordable.

This looks like someone stuck the word affordable on babby's first CAD project.

And WTF is goign on here?

wBGflw6.png

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah to be clear, while my instinct is to mock Kanye, I absolutely LOVE the brutalist, Hugo Boss minimalism. Although I like the pop of structure and texture you get in Frank Lloyd Wright's stamped concrete stuff, like the Ennis House in LA (Deckard's apartment in Blade Runner).

q3yzvUh.jpg

AOyv9LU.jpg

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
So this was only announced a month ago? If it's that early, what we're looking at could be more like a mood board than an actual prototype render based on an actual layout intended for living.

I wonder what "affordable" means
Could be subsidized.

Last edited:

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Having an inner courtyard is awesome. But the brutalist, Ancient Greek look is WTF.

Air

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The architecture is nice, but I doubt it'll be affordable. Just like how his clothing line at one point was supposed to be affordable

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
getting into insane debt designing shit houses for people you don't care about to own the libs

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Kanye combining low-income with prison chic.

Soul-crushing institutionalized oppression is a choice.

Next up: Kanye helps Betsy Devos redesign public schools to look like concentration camps.

ezrarh

Oct 27, 2017
It's not construction costs that's preventing us from building affordable housing.

NeoGold123

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I was all ready to hate on it until I saw the inside pics. Really not too bad. I'm going to keep the design in mind if I ever have my own home built.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Looks interesting. Interesting use of outdoor space on the inside atrium kind of area (vs. just a garden out front).

Good design doesn't have to be boring, as others have said, though I don't know how economical this would be. Also the well-being benefits of something that's both economical and aesthetically pleasing are underrated, and that's kind of YEEZY's mandate so I hope this bears fruit.

I'm kinda a sucker for these sorts of things though, I could watch videos about 3D printed houses and fast construction housing all day long.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
The courtyard looks oppressive but the interiors aren't terrible. I bet they look better furnished.

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
The interior courtyard seems like an unusable frivolity that sucks up square footage and boosts costs because of drainage concerns. I don't see what a single family could do with it.

Piecake

Oct 27, 2017
I like the look, but based on the apparent size of the house I really doubt it is going to be 'affordable'

Dude Abides

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Aw, getting into real estate just like his hero. How cute. I wonder if he'll discriminate against black people as well.

a.wd

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I.....like it. Sorry. I love the clean aesthetic, I have kids and so having lost of space and storage for them to run around in while being able to be manageable is absolutely necessary for us. So our house has a very modern feel, but its no less warm and inviting we just dont need doodads and stuff around the place to stop us from living our life. Make it actually affordable though, none of this "we have looked at the average house price across the uk (using billion dollar mansions to take the aggregate up) and we think this is affordable".

Affordable for the 70% of America and I will buy some land and ship one of those bitches out here.