• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
kojima is human trash too

hate the idol worship around this garbage man. he hates women and makes sure to show it in every single fucking game he makes, but it's all good because hE mAkE tHe GoOd ViDeOgAmE #fUcKoNaMi
tumblr_ofc2dzT5nG1rz9h5po3_r1_540.gif

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

hate the idol worship around this garbage man. he hates women and makes sure to show it in every single fucking game he makes, but it's all good because hE mAkE tHe GoOd ViDeOgAmE #fUcKoNaMi

Wow. Calling someone human trash and saying they hate women because of some content in games is fucking idiotic.

He has overly sexualised women in his games yes but that doesn't mean he hates them.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
you're a man, what would you know? shut up and listen to women every now and then when we talk about misogyny
So what about someone like Donna Burke who has only praise for Kojima? Sorry if I don't believe that someone on a forum knows what kind of a person Kojima really is when that's solely based on his games.

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
Yea this guy doesn't need more platforms

His music is one thing, that's fine, but the guy is also borderline or insane and promotes some crazy conspiracy shit, this isn't something to be that excited about imo

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow. Calling someone human trash and saying they hate women because of some content in games is fucking idiotic.

He has overly sexualised women in his games yes but that doesn't mean he hates them.
Watch clips of main character feeling up women and girls in Snatcher on YT and somehow don't come away with at least feeling Kojima has no respect for female autonomy...

psychowave

Oct 25, 2017

So what about someone like Donna Burke who has only praise for Kojima? Sorry if I don't believe that someone on a forum knows what kind of a person Kojima really is when it's solely based on his games.
keep mansplaining boys

Striferser

Oct 28, 2017
What the worst that could happen?

Kanye: i love your game!
Kojima: i love your music!

A bit of chit chat about music, movie, or anime. They took a pic, post it on twitter, then they go back to their own business

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
no, it's mansplaining when a man tries to correct a woman on what constitutes as misogyny. it's not rocket science bro
This isn't about what qualifies as misogyny though but whether Kojima, the person, literally hates women, which I find to be questionable if you have women who worked with him who praise him. To evaluate someones character based solely on their output is kind of questionable anyway.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
You are aware of the behind the scenes of this character? She didn't turn out alright because of Kojima...

I wish people would stop holding to this view, I hear the same shit with George Lucas and the OT. Whatever initial ideas Kojima had he decided not to run with them. Characters don't come out fully formed and perfect upon their first thought, they are constantly worked, torn apart, debated, and put back together. That's part of the process, especially in the collaborative media of games. At the end of the day, Kojima is the Director and final world on any decision and he chose to go with The Boss in her final, glorious form.

So no, you can't say on the one hand as full creative director he gets no credit for creating The Boss and then with the other hand full blame him for any and all "pervy" elements in his games. Either he is fully responsible for his games (and thus the characters and themes they espouse) or he's not.

Oct 27, 2017

Check the last full Death Stranding trailer and look at the way he presents actresses. Check his twitter and look what he tweets/retweets about them as well. It doesn't look like hate in any way.
P.s. People are quoting you because you made dumb post with dumb statements, not because you are woman (if you are).

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
And what instruments does he play? He can't even sing.

What I'm trying to point out that if your defintion of musical genius is Kanye West, then the bar is pretty damn low.
Lmao, this post is unreal. I've never seen Rick Rubin, Phil Spector and a lot of other people play an instrument, and I also don't know if they can. But they're genius anyway.

And when it comes to Kanye: the guy is widely lauded for being an actual genius in music. I don't like his music, but can't deny the huge footprint he made in his career.

psychowave

Oct 25, 2017
my opinion is irrelevant due to my gender.
exactly, i'm glad you understand :*
Check the last full Death Stranding trailer and look at the way he presents actresses. Check his twitter and look what he tweets/retweets about them as well. It doesn't look like hate in any way.
P.s. People are quoting you because you made dumb post with dumb statements, not because you are woman (if you are).
a bunch of men claiming another man isn't a misogynist? revolutionary

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
exactly, i'm glad you understand :*

a bunch of men claiming another man isn't a misogynist? revolutionary

Do you just have a standard of set responses you use?

If you read my first post I said that he overly sexualises his female characters and he needs to improve on that. That doesn't make him human trash or means that he hates all women.

The fact that you think that is mansplaining and I'm not allowed to say that because I'm a man is genuinely hilarious.

psychowave

Oct 25, 2017
Do you just have a standard of set responses you use?

If you read my first post I said that he overly sexualises his female characters and he needs to improve on that. That doesn't make him human trash or means that he hates all women.

The fact that think that is mansplaining and I'm not allowed to say that because I'm a man is genuinely hilarious.
the fact that you think the over sexualization is the biggest issue of how kojima portrays women shows you don't know shit, lol

if any female developer treated male characters the way kojima treates female characters, she would've been doxxed into obscurity already. instead, kojima gets hailed as a hero for showing his hatred of women on every. single. depiction of them. but yeah he's only "a little bit problematic uwu" gee i wonder why women don't fucking bother with this website or gaming in general

Deleted member 11426

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greensboro NC
User warned: Uncalled-for hostility towards another member.
the fact that you think the over sexualization is the biggest issue of how kojima portrays women shows you don't know shit, lol

if any female developer treated male characters the way kojima treates female characters, she would've been doxxed into obscurity already. instead, kojima gets hailed as a hero for showing his hatred of women on every. single. depiction of them. but yeah he's only "a little bit problematic uwu" gee i wonder why women don't fucking bother with this website or gaming in general

If only we had an example of Kojima ever creating a male character for a female audience that even runs around naked in the game.

Oops, did I mansplain??

AzVal

May 7, 2018
You must live under a rock if you don't know any of Kanye's work. It's about as crazy as saying you don't know who Beyonce other Taylor Swift is. Even if you didn't know it was him 100 percent guaranteed you have heard some music tracks of his own or something he produced for another artist.

Totally possible, whereas other artist like Swift and Beyonce do get played regularly enough that I know who they are and I can name at least one song, he is basically irrelevant where I live (not in the US), the only reason that I know him other than who he is married to, is for saying or doing stupid things like what he did to Taylor Swift.

Maybe I live under a rock, the only thing I have heard of Despacito are parodies and Bieber singing the chorus, never the original.

Tesser

Writer/Critic at Hardcore Gamer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Just you watch: Yeezus will be the True Ending Final Boss of Death Stranding.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
You must live under a rock if you don't know any of Kanye's work. It's about as crazy as saying you don't know who Beyonce other Taylor Swift is. Even if you didn't know it was him 100 percent guaranteed you have heard some music tracks of his own or something he produced for another artist.
West music isn't listened in my country. If it wasn't because of Era, I wouldn't know who he is. Thankfully, I'm fully aware he is a shitty human being who loves the Orange Turd and thinks black people should still be slaves. It surprises me so many people in here love him.

Agree. Misogynistic piece of shit. It disappoints me how the gaming community (at least in ERA) treats him like a hero.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
He literally never said "black people should still be slaves." There are so many good reasons to dislike Kanye, why invent one?
"When you hear about slavery for 400 years ... For 400 years? That sounds like a choice,"

Yep, my bad; didn't remember well what he said. Still, saying like people wanted to be slaves proves he is a terrible person.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
He literally never said "black people should still be slaves." There are so many good reasons to dislike Kanye, why invent one?

What he actually said wasn't much better. Dude is talented and part of me will always respect that, but as of now, fuck him. If Kanye doesn't want people tagging on the shit he says, then maybe he should wisen up a bit before running his mouth. This current mindset in society where we excuse people talking straight foolishness because they're celebrities is a bit much.