• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The number of people in this thread who either disregard or laugh at those being upset at someone who endorses pretty horrible ideologies getting even more publicity is incredibly creepy

That said, him meeting Kojima will do literally nothing for either of them outside of a brief publicity stunt

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't see the harm in them meeting but would Kojima give a shit about Kanye's music? He's 55 years old and Kanye's fans are mostly millennials and Gen Z kids.

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
yY5w7Lz.png

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Something's up here.

If he actually wanted to meet Hideo, he could have done that any time in the past DECADE, by actually reaching out via his industry connections. He could have travelled to Japan using his expansive wealth and visited his studio any time in the past 3 years. You know, the kind of thing your average fan doesn't really have the resources to do. Many far less famous people have done that, or is he above them?

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Don't understand why this is a big deal. Kanye is still cancelled for me but I don't care if they meet.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Something's up here.

If he actually wanted to meet Hideo, he could have done that any time in the past DECADE, by actually reaching out via his industry connections. He could have travelled to Japan using his expansive wealth and visited his studio any time in the past 3 years. You know, the kind of thing your average fan doesn't really have the resources to do. Many far less famous people have done that, or is he above them?
Please don't start with that conspiracy shit.
You think Kanye is going to taint the pure Kojima? As a fellow adult, I'm pretty sure he'd be fine.
Where the fuck did i say Kojima is pure. Don't put fucking words in my mouth.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Keighly can hook up Kayne with his good friend boogie so they can "both sides" to each other and get the fuck out of the public

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
These two were made for each other. The ramblings of MGS cut scenes could come right out of the mouth of Kanye.

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
He simply doesn't deserve it because he is a piece of shit who is a net negative influence on the planet.
You are making this out to be much bigger than it ever will be. Like this is the smallest blip on the radar of issues, yet here you are making it sound like Kanye is going to corrupt Kojima (as if he is some saint himself) and infect gaming on an industry wide level. Psst… Kanye missed that date decades ago. ;)

Oct 28, 2017
How old are you?

Pop stars dressing themselves with classic rock/metal band (or even comic) shirts has been a thing for decades. And usually the respective subcultures collectively roll their eyes at that shit...

27, and too old to care whatsoever about being part of any counter culture. I'm not saying Kanye birthed the concept, but the more people who share my interests, the better. I don't care if Ye actually listens to Morbid Angel, Skinny Puppy, or Agalloch. I just think it's cool that he's keeping the spirit alive.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see the harm in them meeting but would Kojima give a shit about Kanye's music? He's 55 years old and Kanye's fans are mostly millennials and Gen Z kids.

Kojima posts a ton of music that he's listening to on Twitter, but I don't think i've ever seen him post about listening to hip-hop. His favorite band is Joy Division, but he primarily listens to synthpop stuff.

KingKunta

Nov 10, 2018

Shiiid...this is kinda true to an extent. My dude was pure greatness at one point, now he's just so-so. Good when he wanna be but mostly decent. Obviously, this meeting with Kojima is going to bring him back to former glory when produces some beats for Death Stranding. Please bring back the old Kayne, Kojima!

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Please don't start with that conspiracy shit.
What part of my comment is conspiracy?

What I'm getting at is that his tweet is creepily worded and is a desperate look for someone with such a wide reach. Kojima is pretty active on social media, so Kanye could send him a DM, or tag him and ask him in a more natural and direct way, but he wants other people to tell him EXACTLY WHERE HE IS and HOW HE CAN MEET HIM. Like he's a deranged fan who would never get the chance otherwise.There's something wrong with that. That is not how you do this. If you are of Kanye's status, and you are this desperate to meet someone, something's not right. He can use his industry connections to contact Hideo or hop on a plane and visit him.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
The number of people in this thread who either disregard or laugh at those being upset at someone who endorses pretty horrible ideologies getting even more publicity is incredibly creepy

That said, him meeting Kojima will do literally nothing for either of them outside of a brief publicity stunt
It's threads like this which makes those worms crawl to the surface of earth once in a while... unfortunately.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What part of my comment is conspiracy?

What I'm getting at is that his tweet is creepily worded and is a desperate look for someone with such a wide reach. Kojima is pretty active on social media, so Kanye could send him a DM, or tag him and ask him in a more natural and direct way, but he wants other people to tell him EXACTLY WHERE HE IS and HOW HE CAN MEET HIM. Like he's a deranged fan who would never get the chance otherwise.There's something wrong with that. That is not how you do this. If you are of Kanye's status, and you are this desperate to meet someone, something's not right. He can use his industry connections to contact Hideo or hop on a plane and visit him.
Then i sincerly apologise for misunderstanding your post.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You are making this out to be much bigger than it ever will be. Like this is the smallest blip on the radar of issues, yet here you are making it sound like Kanye is going to corrupt Kojima (as if he is some saint himself) and infect gaming on an industry wide level. Psst… Kanye missed that date decades ago. ;)
Sure, I get that. But this is a videogame forum and there happens to be a thread about Kanye. I loathe that idiot but usually don't comment on anything he does (except when it became really political recently) because I just don't care and he never enters my circle of attention. But in this case he has and this thread is a valid place to voice my sentiment I think.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Careful, Kojima is holy round these parts and has immunity

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol, it's alright. I'm not sure what Kanye is thinking here.

He has had all the opportunity in the world to connect with Hideo, but he needs to meet in his own country right now because idk...
He could. Be he's an attention whore. Amongst other things.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Well I hope that no one in your family or friends ever suffers from any kind of mental health related issues. If you want to see someone with shitty character maybe you should look in the mirror.

Lmao. Keep defending Kanye. A grown ass millionaire man who cannot for the life of himself get his shit together and treat his issues, and instead decides to spill shit, support Trump and say stupid bullshit like "slavery seems like a choice to me". But hey keep defending this clown, such a nice hill to die on.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
*footage of Kojima leaving his office and running to the roof to rendezvous with escape helicopter*

Eros

Oct 27, 2017

That's my only issue with this whole thing. Did people forget about all that shit he never apologized for or did they never care in the first place?

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
Sure, I get that. But this is a videogame forum and there happens to be a thread about Kanye. I loathe that idiot but usually don't comment on anything he does (except when it became really political recently) because I just don't care and he never enters my circle of attention. But in this case he has and this thread is a valid place to voice my sentiment I think.
I am not going to play gatekeeper of any kind. I am not asking you nor anyone to curate their posts. Not my place. I am glad there is dissent regardless of my personal feelings on the matter.

My post wasn't meaning to stop/or diminish your feelings on the matter. It was more that, I agree overall with you. I just don't agree with the severity you are putting on it is all. I do apologize if my post came off more negatively than I was meaning.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah for a forum on the super far left of social issues it's weird for everyone to completely shit on a person that obviously has some mental health issues.
Posts like these are what give people with actual diagnosed mental health issues a bad stigma. Having some form of mental health issues doesn't make you automatically completely inept or unaccountable for everything you do and say.

Stop playing the armchair psychatrist just to excuse the guy while shitting on the people you claim you're looking out for.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao. Keep defending Kanye. A grown ass millionaire man who cannot for the life of himself get his shit together and treat his issues, and instead decides to spill shit, support Trump and say stupid bullshit like "slavery seems like a choice to me". But hey keep defending this clown, such a nice hill to die on.

Kayne has said and done some stupid things but the man clearly has problems. I don't see how him being a millionaire excuses him from being affected by mental problems ? Infact it probably makes them worse, he's probably got a team of yes men that don't want to tackle his problems. Again I am not defending what he has said but to completely disregard his problems is also wrong. I just want the guy to get some help and I'm not sure saying fuck Kayne is really adding to the conversation, it's not exactly a hot take.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck is he going to do to Kojima. Yall trippin lol. Go walk your dog or something he aint going kill him or nothing
Do you enjoy hanging with folks who think slavery was a choice? Or shake hands with people who jail kids and let them die of dehydration?