• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Firefoxprime

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissing Concerns Around Homophobia
Kayne West is a bad person.

Can't help but wonder if Kaitlyn Jenner has talked to Kim Kardashian about this, and is like "... ffs what is your husband doing."

Hmm. Seems like you're imposing your moralistic views on Kanye.

Isn't that against the rules nowadays, in a post-absolute truth society. He's a bad person because...he doesn't match your idea of a good person.

But who are you to say he's bad? He legit might think he's living his best life.

Beautiful wife. Big money. Raising kids. Isn't that what most people want?

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC

Isn't that against the rules nowadays, in a post-absolute truth society. He's a bad person because...he doesn't match your idea of a good person.

But who are you to say he's bad? He legit might think he's living his best life.

..... This take....

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017

Some real galaxy brain level shit right there.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, I figured that, just wanted to ask that question of the defenders here.

I think you've just got some of his fans that don't want to accept that the "George Bush doesn't care about black people" guy has turned into this. But at this point there's no reason to believe that this isn't who he is. He's fully leaning into it.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This man finally realized who the biggest marks were

What in the wide world of sports...

edit - i thought about writing a real reply and then immediately became exhausted

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
99.99% sure he doesn't know how radical their beliefs are. His Christianity and the people he chooses to interact with nowadays is all happening on a VERY surface-level, same with his association with Trump, Candace Owens, etc. He simply does not possess the critical thinking ability or drive to do research, consider alternative perspectives, or question what doesn't already fall within the world of Kanye in his head. If you need evidence of that, just watch him freeze up when Kimmel or anyone else asks him to reflect critically. I'm not even sure if morality is a consideration or there's any sense of moral relativism. In his head, if it's for God, it's good (and/or probably good for him personally).

To say that he's doing this for attention would be giving him way too much credit since the Sunday Service is a pretty low key thing on the spectrum of things Kanye does for attention, they virtually go unpromoted and that's not his MO when he wants attention. He sees himself as a missionary and has not thought about it critically at all - regardless of whether the things he does with the Sunday Service Choir are for good (mass shooting benefit concert in Dayton) or for ill (emboldening anti-LGBTQ+ evangelicals).

I think this gets people tripped up when they try to reconcile the more progressive things he does or associations he has with the scum of the earth like Trump. Underneath it all there is just a lack of moral compass. Be it for attention or for God, or both, the only assessment of what is good and what is bad is in relation to what it does for Kanye. He never thought about the kids in cages or the awful things Trump has done because he literally didn't even get that far in his egocentric thinking for things. It's ignorance of the worst kind and I can't imagine how much havoc him and Candace Owens have wrecked on African American communities. This is much more dangerous than someone like a Ben Carson who people really don't look up to, but I can only hope Kanye is enough of a laughing stock now that his power is diminished.

I just don't think people care about Kanye anymore. He pulled one too many stunts, went too far with them, and didn't even have the dignity to claim ignorance when his shitty beliefs were challenged in a time when Twitter knows more about you and the people you hang with than you do because they've got the time to do the research that your average person (let alone a busy celebrity) can't. His biggest support forum is in disarray, his supporters left him for the more liberal artists he sonned (Travi$, Frank Ocean, Drake), the new generation of fans treat the artists he sonned like the previous generation treated Kanye, and Jesus is Born went triple wood. It's not that he still isn't doing damage, or that people won't tune in again if he has a hit (i.e. I Love It), but his power to be taken seriously in pretty much any other capacity when he's in a position of power is pretty much gone.
Sorry fam, I can't get down with the "kanye is a lovable idiot victim who doesn't know who he's associating with" angle. Sure he does, he is not an idiot and ignorance would not be an excuse at this point even if he wasn't aware of who he was working with. There are no shortage of people trying to tell him better, help him, advise him. Or, they tried to. Ultimately, he does what he wants and this is the truth he's chosen to embrace. Hate to see it, but here we are.

It's okay; we don't have to stanning for Kanye anymore. If anything will save him, it's full-on shunning. Anything less will mean he has room to continue to feel like he's in the right.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
yikes. he has made it so difficult for me to love and enjoy his (almost always brilliant) music and has taken that to a certain extent away from me, where his catalogue has given me so much happiness and inspiration over the years and now to a certain extent it feels like he's spitting on it and making it increasingly difficult to enjoy.

he has been one of the most nuanced interesting inspiring explosions of creative talent for many years and it's sad to see him dragged into this really dangerous and sad orbit.

it reminds me of Prince, another one of my favorite artists, who spent so much time exploring and advocating liberation in regards to sexuality only to become really regressive and at times extremely reactionary about it later on in life after he became a jehovah's witness. ugh

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

I mean with this logic pretty much the worst that humanity has even seen were good people because they could be happy in their own way and because they thought what they were doing was actually what was in the best interest of their own best lives.

Might want to rethink this a bit. This kind of logic is how atrocities happen.

Firefoxprime

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

It was a challenge, but I managed to incorporate how people generally think when we discuss controversial famous people.

Do I personally believe those previous statements? Nope. But there is value in mirroring our modern day "outrage" culture.

You can really see the inconsistencies in our daily criticism towards the actions, of powerful/influential people.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017

Pretty sure Kanye was able to get the wife, money, and kids without resorting to kissing the orange-skinned devil's ass and associating with the biggest pieces of trash in the world.

Why he decided to do this speaks to his true character, and it's depressing as fuck to see.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017

What an odd take.

Yes, if Kanye is rallying with radical evangelical extremists who have ethically reprehensible views of other human beings and want to see them harmed for who they are, then they're bad people to me. Maybe you want to live in a post-truth society, I don't. I'm not afraid to take my ethical compass, form an opinion based on it, and share that opinion.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry fam, I can't get down with the "kanye is a lovable idiot victim who doesn't know who he's associating with" angle. Sure he does, he is not an idiot and ignorance would not be an excuse at this point even if he wasn't aware of who he was working with. There are no shortage of people trying to tell him better, help him, advise him. Or, they tried to. Ultimately, he does what he wants and this is the truth he's chosen to embrace. Hate to see it, but here we are.

It's okay; we don't have to stanning for Kanye anymore. If anything will save him, it's full-on shunning. Anything less will mean he has room to continue to feel like he's in the right.
This is an important point I missed, and you're completely right. Inside of that willful ignorance is a decision to be ignorant of people trying to better him. I don't know whether that is just because he's more rigid in his ways now once he got latched to this whole reborn identity slash bullshit Candace Owens got in his head that played right to his ego, but regardless, that's a decision he made and he has decided to cozy up with the oppressors. And that is his reputation.

I flirt between whether it is best to completely ignore or continually call out/shame/cancel people like Kanye, perhaps some mix of both, but what is for certain is that he cannot get any more oxygen for his backwards politics. And hey, if suffocating Milo online worked to some degree, it could work for Kanye.

Mulligan

Oct 29, 2017
He really needs help and I doubt he'll ever get it. So many people around him are making so much money from him and they'll abandon him rather than help him when he likely falls.

Iceman

Oct 26, 2017
Alhambra, CA
User Banned (1 Month): Excusing Bigotry
Umm. I have family actively inolved at this event as members of the volunteer prayer team. You guys are being a little ridiculous.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umm. I have family actively inolved at this event as members of the volunteer prayer team. You guys are being a little ridiculous.
Did you miss the words and actions of the radically anti-LGBTQ activists involved with the event from the OP?

Such as: In 2010, Lou Engle celebrated Uganda's push for the death penalty for homosexuality while in Uganda after telling the US press that he wouldn't do so.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California

This is rough right here.

I think it's about time we stop giving Kanye a platform. He has his people and following and it's not Era.

ProfessorLobo

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Now THIS is taking.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
All he needs to do now is collaborate with other people for his future works, so that his fans will defend his group with stuff like "What about the other side of the team? Why should they be punished for one man's actions?!".

Ugh.

Deleted member 4532

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Lmao stop licking celebrities boots

Canuckreefer

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
How many people here appalled in this thread were praising that trash JIK when it dropped I wonder?
Fuck maga west he's been shit ever since he went maga and if you are just now throwing him under the bus because of this well
We tried warning you
Fuck kkkanye west

The BLJ

Feb 2, 2019
France
oeiv17oyunb41.png

Also, the event came and went today and nothing of interest happened, apparently.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
oeiv17oyunb41.png

Also, the event came and went today and nothing of interest happened, apparently.
First, there's no reason to believe Herzog whatsoever.

He's an organizer of a hate group and Awaken 2020 was a hate rally.

Second, even if we're to believe Herzog, other speakers included professional hate mongers Cindy Jacobs and Guillermo Maldonado, who wrote in his book Spiritual Deliverance that homosexuality could be "a generational curse, or even a demonic attack while in the womb."

There was nothing ok or uneventful about this hate rally unless you think it's fine for folks to gather and attack LGBTQ people simply for existing.

Papa Satanás

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
no
Shame he keeps moving backwards :') dude could have been a great celeb with his music and merch if his attitude wasn't such trash