• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

On Saturday, the 42-year-old rapper appeared in Salt Lake City for another installment of his Sunday Service. Shortly after taking stage, 'Ye dived into a political rant about the backlash over his pro-Trump comments, and reminded the audience it was a Republican president who abolished slavery in the United States.

"Abraham Lincoln was the Whig Party—that's the Republican Party that freed the slaves," he said, before telling the crowd he refused to oppose Trump simply because he was black. "[...] I ain't never make a decision based only on my color. That's a form of slavery — mental slavery. I ain't drink from the white person fountain. ... I ain't playing with them. All these mind controllers, the media, all of these mind controllers. I find that wherever Christ is where I've got my mind at. We find that the love of Christ is where I've got my mind back.

Is this y'all king!!!!!

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Just admit you like the tax breaks and stop being a prick. No one is forcing you to vote Dem, but you aren't free from criticism when you support a party of bigotry and classism

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
He could just oppose Trump because Trump is a horrible cunt, and being a celebrity isn't a blank cheque.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
This being the same dude who called Bush a racist on live tv next to Mike Myers still bewilders me

Kanye West is an edgelord who doesn't read books. When you understand that about him everything he does makes sense. That quality occasionally makes him bombastically correct. But, most of the time, it makes him a dumbass.

Deleted member 59339

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Aug 19, 2019
"On Saturday, the 42-year-old rapper appeared in Salt Lake City for another installment of his Sunday Service."

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
The follow up when any rube says this shit should be: "...And?" That factoid has zero bearing on the political landscape of the modern day. Really really can't stand when people parrot that shit. Even if you want to pretend that nothing has changed about the Republican Party since antebellum, the reality still is that black peoples were owed that freedom. Black peoples aren't obligated to be perpetually "grateful" for being released from the status as pack animals. And black peoples are owed much much more for the trauma of slavery beyond just being freed. That freedom did not suddenly mean equality for black people as well and we're still waiting for that shit.
I hate this motherfucker.
Same.

Last edited:

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
That version of the Republican party had members that were friends to and admirers of Karl Marx
So let's support to the people of today who also fit those wualificaqualifications ti9ns

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I didn't know that the Republicans stayed the same for over a century and there was no sort of political switch

Foxashel

Banned
Jul 18, 2019
Thank you based king for showing me the light. He went from the favorite, to the most hated. Yet he still shines bright. Tears flowing.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
We need like a Kanye West does something dumb megathread and a Trump does something dumb megathread. Since both seem like the most common someone does something dumb.

Kanye is straight out of his mind. He must have had some born again stuff happen during rehab. Dude needs help.

onyx

Dec 25, 2017
Democrats passed the Civil Rights Act which finally gave people of color and women the same rights as white men in America for the very first time. So yeah, both sides.

Your move, Kanye.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
This is like the biggest talking point with rightwing "thinkers" (charlatans) who can pretend they're smart by throwing this nugget out without any context.

The current Republican party would be the secessionists and against freeing any slaves. The party from 150 years ago is not the same.

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Kanye West is an edgelord who doesn't read books. When you understand that about him everything he does makes sense. That quality occasionally makes him bombastically correct. But, most of the time, it makes him a dumbass.
This is likely why he likes Trump. Sees himself in him.

Deleted member 45211

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 19, 2018
I was going to post a thread about a thought I had, but I might as well fit it here:

I dislike the terminology of the slaves being "freed."
People were not actually owned: you can't own a human. They were held hostage and held captive, through physical, verbal, and psychological violence.
No one gave them their freedom. That terminology implies that slavers had some kind of authority to take away or grant freedom. No.

Slavers released their captives. They were engaging in morally criminal behavior, and eventually, they were forced to stop it. That's what happened.

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
Some of the replies in here disgust me. Is this how we treat a king? What happened to our forgiveness?