• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite track?

• One of the basura trio (ITAKY, Yikes, All Mine)

Votes: 100 21.6%
  • Wouldn't Leave

Votes: 17 3.7%
  • No Mistakes (Jmon certified)

Votes: 39 8.4%
  • Ghost Town

Votes: 248 53.7%
  • Violent Crimes

Votes: 58 12.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Lol did he really just mention 2CB on Yikes? I didn't know that shit was still around from 12 years ago.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
College Dropout
Yeezus
808s
MBDTF
TLOP
Graduation
Late Registration

poopty scoop

Ye

(imo)

However, I've started to appreciate LR a lot more in the last few years so might need to make a change there.
You're the closest person I've seen come to my own personal list. Except LR is higher and TLOP bottom tier.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Yall wack for shitting on someone for liking this album.

And comparing Sea of Thieves to Ye is crazy. Why bring up a videogame lmao.

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
hand-turning-on-stove-picture-id171223846

hot-stove.jpg

teaserbox_4089920428.jpg

hand-on-oven-burner.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Jan 31, 2018
I think the album is okay (leaning to mediocre) but why are people telling others that they shouldn't enjoy the album?

That's just dumb

Raein

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Graduation
808s & Heartbreak
Yeezus
The College Dropout
Late Registration
The Life of Pablo
ye

People sleeping on 808s are demented.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish No Mistakes was longer than two minutes. It's a beautiful track at fullest volume. That big sexy hook. Even Cudi as part of it with Wilson somehow works.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Deleted everything besides "Yikes" and "All Mine". Kanye's impaired judgement has finally reached his music. Probably should stay behind the boards for a while. Daytona is amazing. I feel like the polish on that album came from Pusha T not just doing one take and saying, "Ehh, good enough."

But I'm glad that some of you are enjoying it.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
The spoken word portion of I Thought About Killing You is my favorite part of the album.

Probably my favorite track tbh

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Overall it's a little too all over the place with little to actually grab onto. It's got some shallow writing, solid if unfocused production, and too many moments that feel skippable in a short album.

I don't think it's awful but it's a letdown. I feel like this could have used more time in the oven and like 2-3 more tracks. Daytona is way better and you could never tell me I would prefer a Pusha T album to a ye album.

Doom

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
It goes

Tier 1 - Godlike artistic achievement
LR
MBDTF
CD

Tier 2 - For any other artist these would be a crowning moment to headline a successful career
Yeezus
WTT

Tier 3 - Good albums, but disappointing in the vacuum of Kanye West albums
TLOP
GRAD
808s

Tier 4 - Mailed in trash that had the makings of something with some potential
CS
YE

To believe otherwise is to fool yourself.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still waiting for Kanye + his label to not be dumb and issue Yeezus on vinyl.

This album is gonna be so unsuccessful for a Kanye album.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Haven't listened to Ye yet just because the reception + Kanye's 2018 persona has me feeling pretty low on it but my ranking is

Graduation
MBDTF
College Dropout
TLOP
Late Registration
808s
Yeezus
Watch the Throne if it counts

They're all good though WTT is mostly just okay outside of some really high highs and there are a couple of tracks on Yeezus that really don't work for me.

The Mad Mango

Oct 27, 2017
Overall it's a little too all over the place with little to actually grab onto. It's got some shallow writing, solid if unfocused production, and too many moments that feel skippable in a short album.

I don't think it's awful but it's a letdown. I feel like this could have used more time in the oven and like 2-3 more tracks. Daytona is way better and you could never tell me I would prefer a Pusha T album to a ye album.

Daytona has been stuck in my head for days, and I'm not too big on the whole bragging about selling coke thing.

The other thing I've got stuck in my head is Pusha's old dis track Exodus. Man that record is hard.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Just listened to MBDTF again and still cannot believe how great that album is. As close to perfection as you can get.

Ye feels like discarded leftovers in comparison. TLOP was the first Kanye album I couldn't get into, and this is far worse IMO. Production is still very good (with some questionable choices), but the lyrics are too poor to overlook.

Even still, his production here feels lukewarm in comparison to his better work.

Status
Not open for further replies.