• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
What's the scammer part coming from? Honestly haven't followed this story much but why is the gospel album more scammy than whatever else?
Like a megachurch pastor, this whole thing is just about manipulating people's faith to make bank. It was not that long ago he was (frequently) declaring himself as God. In a couple years he'll be onto something else.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
What's the scammer part coming from? Honestly haven't followed this story much but why is the gospel album more scammy than whatever else?
Because it's phony.

Because Kanye West knows by now that, outside of his fanbase who'll defend him no matter what he does, he really fucked up with black people with all his Trump shit.

He's using Gospel as his Get-Out-Of-Being-A-Dumbass Free Card. Because outside of a few religious references, nothing in Kanye's life or music signals to me a proclivity to make a sincere (much less good) Gospel album.

But, to be fair, this ain't just Kanye. I got this same smoke for a good half of these "evangelists" using Christ for money and clout.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Because it's phony.

Because Kanye West knows by now that, outside of his fanbase who'll defend him no matter what he does, he really fucked up with black people with all his Trump shit.

He's using Gospel as his Get-Out-Of-Being-A-Dumbass Free Card. Because outside of a few religious references, nothing in Kanye's life or music signals to me a proclivity to make a sincere (much less good) Gospel album.

But, to be fair, this ain't just Kanye. I got this same smoke for a good half of these "evangelists" using Christ for money and clout.
Oh yeah. Honestly I forgot about all that Trump shit so the negative reception makes way more sense now lmao

Dre3001

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like Kanye has been struggling for years mentally. My question is where is the help? Where are his friends or anyone in his circle trying to help him?

He can record an album with Cudi and produce for Nas and yet neither one of them could reach out and try to reel him back in from all the dumb things he has done in the last few years?

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I feel like Kanye has been struggling for years mentally. My question is where is the help? Where are his friends or anyone in his circle trying to help him?

He can record an album with Cudi and produce for Nas and yet neither one of them could reach out and try to reel him back in from all the dumb things he has done in the last few years?
You can't help somebody who doesn't want to be helped.

Reaching out to those in need is important. Being a voice of reason for those who need it is important. But, man...Kanye don't want it. And there's only so much you can do for a grown man who's got millions of dollars, a platform, and the ability to surround himself with sycophants who'll tell him his farts smell like Popeyes' crispy chicken sandwich.

You want to help Kanye? Stop supporting him.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
That's a lie

Also does it count as gospel music if you talk about fucking a model, who just bleached her asshole, and how getting bleach on your t shirt makes you feel like an asshole?

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Man, didn't Kanye drop I Love It earlier this year? Eh.... sounds like this is more for "marketing" or some shit.

how did this guy at one point in time actually make amazing music? like was it just luck?

Dropping 5 straight fantastic albums in a row, with the fifth being his best (MBDTF), is not luck. (and some would say Yeezus is just as good/the best, I don't agree but w/e)

He still makes the occasional good tracks but man... It's hard to even care about him anymore. With his comments, his public persona, etc. ugh.

This explains your every opinion.

Kids See Ghosts had some fire tracks. Reborn got me thru some stuff last year. Though Cudi is amazing, his voice is just... wow.

I never listened to Ye' fully, but I thought Ghost Town was a good track. (That Cudi chorus, wheeewww)

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is him trying to appeal to the maga idiots, the only people who might actually buy his music now

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All it took to get the Clipse get back together was for Kanye to become an Evangelical.

NEED MALICE TO GO BACK TO SINNING, AND GET IN THE STUDIO WITH PHARRELL AND CHAD.

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda unrelated but my friend just saw Chance the Rapper in Chicago and Kanye made an appearance there.

He came out at the end of the intro to Coloring Book and just sang with Chance and said "I'm here to tell all y'all that Jesus is king" and left.

Agnostic

Mar 4, 2019
Any artist should do whatever they want. My first thought reading this went straight to Dylan's gospel phase.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
giphy.gif

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not Christian or even into what I was raised as but Jesus Walks is one of his best songs and the spoken word part Never Let You Down hits hard. If this means he's going back to College Dropout quality then I can't see this as a bad thing. I'm never going to support him again though. Glad the reviews for whatever his last album was were terrible because the urge to listen may have been too great.