• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Her posting random stuff on twitter about visiting studios is not the same thing as posting a video with Kamiya himself saying it's happening. It could be nothing, but I wouldn't immediately jump to that conclusion. Especially since she was just at Capcom before this and Kamiya followed this up with calling for people to tweet Capcom about getting Okami 2 made. It seems to me like they want to do it and are drumming up support from the public (perhaps after Capcom asked them) -- and as I outlined in my last post, it makes a lot of sense for Capcom to want to make a new entry in this IP.
Yeah, they're trying to make it happen, definitely. Not disagreeing with that.
But they wouldn't announce the game like that if it was actually being made right now, they wouldn't be allowed.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
i loved okami when i first played it going back to it i really wish they cut the dialogue in half or something
an okami 2 would be crazy though. the original game looks good but you can still tell it started off as a ps2 game from the hd remaster

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Don't do that. Don't give me hope.

Fucking Sony fund the shit out of it. If they start next year we could see it at the end of the next generation.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they're trying to make it happen, definitely. Not disagreeing with that.
But they wouldn't announce the game like that if it was actually being made right now, they wouldn't be allowed.
I'm not saying it's in active development already. But it's possible they're in active negotiations with Capcom (public negotiation tactics are very much a thing), or they have actually signed a deal already and are going to use this as PR that "fans helped make happen" (also a common tactic).

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
LOL Okami.

That reject dog Zelda wannabe game that got so boring you just wanted it to end but it just kept on going?

Tag me when he's back:

s-l300.jpg

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
I think Omani might have come out too early. I feel like it would have done better if it was released today.

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
Kamiya's Okami 2 is not the same as Okamiden, and he's stated as such prior to the release of Okamiden. For him, it's probably like Okamiden doesn't even exist as an Okami sequel.

He used to be a bit sour on Capcom's handling of Okami, especially the Wii version, but he's warmed up to it and has sort of recommended people to play Okami HD when it came out on PS3.

But man, Kamiya, pls.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Mikami also voice his desire for more God Hand and other ideas? Having a wish is nice and i see this as the same sort of thing, in the end it is up to capcom to make anything happen. Old capcom folks coming back together for those dream projects are just dreams until i see a trailer.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okami x Bloodborne C O N F I R M E D

but seriously threads about devs tweeting innocuous stuff are getting obnoxious and it feels a bit creepy how people will just stalk devs for some kind of secret tease (especially with clickbaity thread titles).
It's not stalking, it's Twitter. The literal point of Twitter is to post things publically so that your followers see them. It's like the opposite of stalking.

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
I just want ikumi to make something she is passionate about. She seemed really passionate about the game she showed at E3, and I think her enthusiasm rubbed off on a lot of people.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
that would be cool. i'd buy it and then watch it sell like shit and then we can put the real final nail in ammy's coffin. at least until a good marvel vs capcom game comes out

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It is amusing this has become the Clover thread.

Imagine being what you have been hunting for after all these years was shit?

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
Didn't Mikami also voice his desire for more God Hand and other ideas? Having a wish is nice and i see this as the same sort of thing, in the end it is up to capcom to make anything happen. Old capcom folks coming back together for those dream projects are just dreams until i see a trailer.
The one that he really wants to make is Okami. He's even had redundant polls where he saw the fan demand for Okami outweigh all other IPs he's worked on.

EDIT: Welp, I read Kamiya instead of Mikami. Of course it's Mikami, he's the one who worked on God Hand.

Last edited:

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So, he probably will never remake a game going by the finished product belonging to the world perspective.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently combining items was Kamiya's idea.

Who knows how RE would have turned out with out this system mechanic.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Hideki Kamiya was on famous Resident Evil speedrunner Carcinogen's stream today to do developer commentary for a run of the original Resident Evil 2. The whole thing wasn't affiliated with Capcom or Platinum Games, which made it extra cool, since it's something he just agreed to do in his free time then. But of course he had some fun with yesterday's shenanigans, saying multiple times that Okami 2 is "coming soon" and laughing. He also said that Devil May Cry 0, The Wonderful 102, Viewtiful Joe 3 and Bayonetta 4 are all "coming soon", hehe. In other words: He and Nakamura just had some fun on Twitter yesterday and that's about it. Not that this is a new verdict or something.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
LOL Okami.

That reject dog Zelda wannabe game that got so boring you just wanted it to end but it just kept on going?
Okami has an artstyle that rivals Wind Waker, an OST that rivals the best of the Zelda series, combat that, while still easy, is more interesting than any Zelda combat, has some really charming side characters, and it's story isn't less elaborate or more poorly told than any Zelda game. The brush mechanic is better than most Zelda items, too.
The only part it's definetly worse at is the dungeons themselves. The pacing could need some work, but ti's better than Skyward Sword. That's it.

It's a stellar game.