• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Breaking this news off from the other thread.

Omar Alvarez has terminal cancer and was given four months to live in October. He is a former Nintendo PR worker. He worked there from 2011 to 2018. He shared details of Kamiya during the Wonderful 101 development.

A few months before Wonderful 101 released, Kamiya emailed all European Nintendo PR complaining they were not promoting his game. PR replied that Kamiya had not supplied preview code and without preview code they could not do any demos. Kamiya then provided code one week before release.

Kamiya response:

"Who is this fucking insect spreading bullshit rumors about me..."

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
I don't think Kamiya knows he has cancer, if he does then fuck him

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
I love when the reaction of people been called crazy is them making a crazy reaction saying they aren't crazy.

Tiamant

Oct 28, 2017
I asked to delete the other thread precisely because I don't think Omar needs this kind of attention. Jesus, I feel like shit now for making the original thread!

I doubt he has even read the terminal cancer part, so he just tweeted guns blazing.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
It sounds like he doesn't even know who that is, let alone the stauts of their health.

But I guess that doesn't matter, a headline like that is sure to get more clicks.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
On the one hand the guy only has his word that any of that happened, I don't know why you'd even bring it up otherwise. Kamiya should probably have just taken the relatively harmless rumours on the chin like an adult regardless of verifiability though. Now he's just guaranteed that loads of people will hear about it and presume it's true. Good old Streisand effect. Oh, and he's trying to start a fight with a terminally ill person, never exactly a great look...

On the other we got to watch them botch PR for W101 the second time with the Kickstarter, so it wouldn't exactly be a surprise.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
There's some comments here that feels like if the person didn't had cancer it was ok for Kamiya to say those things...

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Not really fair to put the cancer thing on him, given that every indication from these tweets is that he has no idea who the guy is.

Now, not bothering to check who the guy is before posting shit like this, even if acting like a dick is basically his entire brand? That you can pin on him.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like he don't even know who that is, let alone the stauts of their health.

But I guess that doesn't matter, a headline like that is sure to get clicks.

This may be true, but if your immediate reaction is to insult people like kamiya tends to do, you will eventually run into this, and that is still on him and his shitty behavior.

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt Kamiya knows him, so he won't know his situation. Really not sure where this goes as a thread, because even without the tragedy of cancer, this person reporting about Kamiya's character is also hearsay.

Kamiya's jackass first approach has long been not really funny anymore and stale though and it's only been a matter of time till he makes himself look like a complete asshole like this.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
What a way to spin the conversation when he doesn't know who he is, let alone if he has cancer.

GTVision

Oct 28, 2017
Where does the fact that the person having cancer play into this? Or is that to make the story more shocking? It seems like Kamiya is just being Kamiya as usual.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
It's word against word at this point and kinda pointless to make a thread about tbh. This thread, to me, appaers in bad faith and just wanna be like "Kamiya bullies person with cancer".

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Well maybe it wasn't direct emails from Kamiya himself. It could be Platinum games rep for all we know. Which could explain how he's seemingly denying all this.

Things got lost /simplified when you're telling old stories after all.

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
This thread feels reactionary based on Twitter drama and will not result in any meaningful discussion. It is now locked

Status
Not open for further replies.