• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 31, 2017
EkX8JWVXYAA--i9

Neither had any contact with Biden or Harris within 48 hours prior to their testing positive, but Harris is canceling in-person events through Sunday. All on this flight were wearing masks.

In this statement, they detail the testing they've done so far on both candidates. They say Biden has not been exposed (I'm assuming they contacted health experts for contact tracing).

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) will pause her travel for Joe Biden's campaign through Sunday after her communications director tested positive for coronavirus, the Biden campaign announced Thursday.

The state of play: The campaign said that the vice presidential nominee, who tested negative for the virus on Wednesday, was "not in close contact" with the aide, Liz Allen, under CDC guidelines but will still pause her travel "out of an abundance of caution and in line with [the] campaign's commitment to the highest levels of precaution."

Biden campaign manager Jen O'Malley Dillon said that Harris will return to the trail by Monday, Oct. 19 — but maintain "a robust and aggressive schedule of virtual campaign activities" until then.
[*]The campaign is also similarly suspending travel for Doug Emhoff, Harris' husband.
[*]Harris will be tested for the virus again on Thursday.
The big picture: Biden also did not have contact with the staffer who tested positive — or in the 48 hours before she tested positive.

www.axios.com

Harris pauses campaign travel after aide tests positive for coronavirus

The Biden campaign said that Harris was "not in close contact" under CDC guidelines.

The story sounds bad at first, but there was no close contact with Harris or Biden from the report. Still, it shows how close we could be to disaster if something happens to Biden before the election.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Oh damn, hoping they're all good.

I also appreciate their responsibility with this. Stopping campaign activities. Even while close confidants of Trump were testing positive and showing symptoms, they were going full bore with campaign events.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Stuff like this seems inevitable with the amount of travel they do for campaigning.

Run Goku

Oct 25, 2017
Scary, but I hope they have it contained. It is refreshing to see how a responsible campaign behaves after exposure, though.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
It'll suck if Biden and/or Harris gets it, but considering his people are actually wearing masks and doing proper social distancing, there's a low chance of this being a super spread situation like Trump and the Rose Garden of doom

Cire

Nov 7, 2017
How?

Every person in the Biden crew has been talking about how dangerous COVID is. It's a reality. They immediately communicated it and stopped activity to protect everyone. That's great optics.
Completely agree, Biden's campaign has taken every precaution (minus debating Trump) to protect against it. They are not out there at large rallies with no masks.
Just because you get coronavirus doesn't mean you didn't do your best not to get it.

Nov 2, 2019

Jesus everything is doom and gloom for some people with this election.

If she's been testing negative, wearing an N95 mask, and still cancelling travel out of caution, it's a night and day difference compared to the orange shit stain.

Idk what's more exhausting. Having to hear people turn every story into the "Biden is doomed" or "this will tighten the race" or the lives of the people who actually believe these things.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Y'all -- don't feed the troll.

I hope she didn't come into contact with it and everyone gets healthy ASAP. It only serves to underscore how dangerous the virus is EVEN WHEN TAKING PROPER PRECAUTIONS.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
If it doesn't spread within the team or to her, this is an easy win for mask effectiveness messaging juxtaposed against what happened with Trumps shitshow

Hopefully everyone makes a quick recovery

MechDX

Oct 25, 2017
Im glad they are getting ahead of it and Kamala took all precautions

Sucks though she was scheduled to campaign in Texas next few days. Hopefully she hits the state Monday. I so want Texas to flip

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
That's a responsible series of actions and statement. The transparency feels alien after the past few years.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully the spread isn't too bad, at least they've been acting responsibly by wearing masks and social distancing, and are containing until they get the all clear.

It's a far cry from "COVID IS CHINA VIRUS AND ALSO NOT REAL!"

OP
OP
ThisThingIsUseful
Oct 31, 2017

lmao

I say this with love because I don't blame anyone for being very anxious about this election, but I don't think some here think like "normal" people, aka your regular American who consumes news moderately. When a restaurant temporarily closes because of a COVID case and they announce it on FB, the reactions on FB are typically supportive ("Thank you for closing and doing a deep clean and making sure customers are safe.")

Getting COVID isn't a strike against you to a normal person. Flaunting protocol and getting it is. That's why Herman Cain is such a sad case. My gf's in law enforcement and non-partisan, and her reaction to Trump rallies is a big "so what if they get sick, how many different ways can you tell people to be cautious?"

I don't feel it's at all a fringe position to take. Fair-minded people understand that there's a risk involved if you're not staying at home all the time. The fact that they're taking precautions and being transparent looks a hell of a lot better than being shady as Trump and Republicans did.