• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure we will all take this into account as he literally murders the constitution, ultimately disposing of the clever takes.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Whoever her social media manager is, deserves a bonus for that.

she'll make a great...uh... director of agriculture in the Warren presidency for that joke someone else wrote.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure the shameless will suddenly manifest the ability to feel shame over this.

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
You gotta wonder about the state of politics when people are actually thinking it was anything other than metaphorically.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
After getting dunked on by Tulsi Gabbard of all people, she could use the easy layup.

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I don't think Trump senior actually raised anyone. He left it all to a nanny or the TV.

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
I mean...That's basically a "no, you're shit" comeback....

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
The clapbacks are getting better and better. Love it.

Oct 27, 2017
Who can't appreciate a fascist goon getting dunked on?

Some folks just can't be pleased, I guess.

Also, somone who can win, hire this Twitter intern

Oct 28, 2017
Donald Trump's son is right that the two most disingenuous people in politics are Hillary Clinton and Kamala Harris?

All of politics may be a stretch but Kamala Harris is clearly the worst person currently in the Democratic primary.

Have you read the excerpt from Ronan Farrow's new book about Hillary? She was still covering for Harvey Weinstein in 2017. Yeah, pretty disingenuous.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Kamala should put herself in jail since she is a cop and this is a murder!!!

Oct 28, 2017
That certainly is a take.

Kamala prosecuted non-violent marijuana possession crimes at a higher rate than her predecessor or successor and subsequently admitted she's smoked pot and laughed about it.

She cut a sweetheart plea deal for Bob Filner, the San Diego mayor who was accused of sexual assault by more than 20 people. He ended up serving 3 months house arrest and did not have to register as a sex offender despite very credible allegations.

She withheld exculpatory evidence leading to Jamal Trulove's wrongful murder conviction, he spent 6 years in jail before the evidence was released against her will via court order and his conviction was overturned.

Her "anti-truancy" initiative includes up to a year in jail for parents of children with 20 truancies...she prosecuted people including a mother of a child with sickle cell anemia and tied her up in legal battles for several years based on this.

Her criticism of Joe Biden in the first debate was completely disingenuous considering she admitted afterwards that she held the exact same position on forced bussing as Biden.

So yeah, that is my take.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Kamala prosecuted non-violent marijuana possession crimes at a higher rate than her predecessor or successor and subsequently admitted she's smoked pot and laughed about it.

She cut a sweetheart plea deal for Bob Filner, the San Diego mayor who was accused of sexual assault by more than 20 people. He ended up serving 3 months house arrest and did not have to register as a sex offender despite very credible allegations.

She withheld exculpatory evidence leading to Jamal Trulove's wrongful murder conviction, he spent 6 years in jail before the evidence was released against her will via court order and his conviction was overturned.

Her "anti-truancy" initiative includes up to a year in jail for parents of children with 20 truancies...she prosecuted people including a mother of a child with sickle cell anemia and tied her up in legal battles for several years based on this.

Her criticism of Joe Biden in the first debate was completely disingenuous considering she admitted afterwards that she held the exact same position on forced bussing as Biden.

So yeah, that is my take.

Your take is an absolute lie.

Politifact:

Harris "put over 1,500 people in jail for marijuana violations and then laughed about it when she was asked if she ever smoked marijuana."

There's some context missing in this claim, and it's framed in a misleading way. We couldn't independently verify the 1,500 figure, which is cited in a February article by the Free Beacon, a conservative online news website. It says "at least 1,560 people were sent to state prisons for marijuana-related offenses between 2011 and 2016," when Harris was California attorney general. It says the data comes from reports from the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation. We requested that data from the state prisons agency.

The agency's data shows there were 1,883 admissions to state prison on marijuana offenses during the years Harris was attorney general. There were another 92 admissions for crimes related to hashish, a drug made from cannabis resin. Notably, the figures dropped dramatically during Harris' tenure, from 817 marijuana-related admissions in her first year in office to 137 in her last.

qG9eM5y.jpg

And no, I'm not bothering with the rest. Reconsider your own sources when you lead with something this bad.

Oct 28, 2017
Your take is an absolute lie.

Politifact:

And no, I'm not bothering with the rest. Reconsider your own sources when you lead with something this bad.

Did you even read that whole politifact article?

I'll be willing to give you the marijuana convictions but then you have to give me the fact that she was neglectful in the case of Kevin Cooper and her only defense for keeping nonviolent offenders in prison beyond their terms to fight wildfires was..."sorry, I'll make sure it doesn't happen again in the future"

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah so a written joke on her campaign-managed Twitter account isn't quite as clever as a joke like Warren's that is actually made spontaneously, live in person, but I'll give the cop points for trying.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Did you even read that whole politifact article?

Of course I did. You're the one who didn't.

Also, I'm not "giving" you anything. All I ask is that you check your sources before making bombastic statements and then trying to back them up with even more bombastic lies. We have enough of that to deal with.

Yeah so a written joke on her campaign-managed Twitter account isn't quite as clever as a joke like Warren's that is actually made spontaneously, live in person, but I'll give the cop points for trying.

I'm not understanding why this particular thing has to be a competition. Kamala ethered Don Jr. on twitter. Warren delivered a good joke (not an original joke) on a completely different subject in a town hall. One doesn't invalidate the other.

Oct 28, 2017
Of course I did. You're the one who didn't

Uh ok, so do you care to refute the other two points that your politifact article brings against Kamala then? Or are you just going to bury your head in the sand and pretend examples like those and the Bob Filner example specifically don't exist?

I admitted I was wrong in the case you refuted, so why can't you do the same?