• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Well?

• For

Votes: 2,269 81.1%
  • Against

Votes: 530 18.9%

• Total voters

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
She'd better stick by her talk about police accountability and sex work decriminalization.

She's better than most of the alternatives that were floated, so that's good at least

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Now make Warren Secretary of Education.
As is often mentioned, MA has a Republican governor with a term ending in 2022, so a Senate seat vacated by Warren would see a Republican appointed through at least the 2022 election. (Then a special election would determine who would serve out the rest of Warren's term.)

golguin

Oct 29, 2017
That was my guess. She can see to Trump related illegal activities and get that ball rolling.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Good choice for electability, but I do have issues with potential criminal justice reform, sigh. At least we'll get to see Pence's soul leave his body on stage at some point.

Oct 27, 2017
The World
hGudfkZ.gif

gMfjR0w.gif

037385w.gif

QLntzsG.gif

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I cannot fathom being excited for her considering her awful record as California's AG. Just did everything in her power to punish the poor and protect corrupt trash like Steve Mnuchin. It's going to be sickening watching people pretend this person was a champion of righteous causes when she's been anything but.

Her and Biden are still better than Trump, but God this is bleak.
This.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Warren would have been needlessly risking a Senate seat in an election where we might be able to flip it, I feel like she was a non-starter strategically.

Harris is a good choice given the available candidates, though she is still a cop.

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
Well she certainly isn't left. I have to clarify myself, I don't think voters on the left have to be won over, the vast majority of them are gonna vote for Biden regardless and he is gonna win but just this idea that leftist candidates have to accomodate the needs of the moderate voters but not vice versa pisses me off. For months he had to hear and listen how Bernie HAS to pick a moderate running mate. Just think of the poor suburban white moms he would allienate. But nothing about how Biden or other moderates have to appeal to left voters? It's just this constant feeling of the democratic establishment not caring one bit about the needs of their left wing.
I think the idea was that Bernie probably wouldn't have moderated his message / platform for the general, so he'd need a VP pick to balance that out. Whereas Biden has enough ""moderate"" cachet that he's been moving his policies over the past few months without issue, so his VP needed to instead be a generational / identity contrast. Hence him promising to choose a women and going with Harris.

Like, Biden doesn't need Warren as VP because he can just adopt her plans.

Trike

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Safe choice for Biden, but moderates gonna moderate and overall a wet fart of an election. Better than 2016 and anything is better than Trump though.

Africanus II

Oct 26, 2017
A mass incarceration architect, a conversion therapy believer, a prosecutor of truant children and a shady businessman walk into a room. Which two are the Republicans

oldboss

Nov 9, 2017
Because Warren literally never had a shot? It's not like the field was dripping with perfect choices and he picked the worst one, it was a bunch of "well maybe?" options and he picked the one that runs the smallest risk of fucking him or the Senate over.
Sure. As sound a political choice as it may be, it continues to be disheartening to see the assholes being the winners.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
At least she'll wipe the stage with Pence in a debate.

Assuming of course "mother" lets him on stage alone with another woman.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
as a non-american looking from the outside in, this whole democratic ticket feels bizarre given how things have gone down in recent years, and what you would expect based on that from what is supposed to be the sane party: a potential sexual abuser and a former cop.

i hope they win, obviously, but still, jesus.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She was that girl.

congrats! Looks like our first woman president is also going to be our first black woman president. Exciting choice.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Sure. As sound a political choice as it may be, it continues to be disheartening to see the assholes being the winners.

I mean who else was it ever gonna be? Like y'all know I was a Warren hardliner from minute one, but it was very clear Biden wanted a woman of color for his VP so she was never gonna get it. Out of the remaining options who else should've had it?

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
Tactically speaking this is the best choice. Kamala performs well with both black voters and moderate/independent voters in what recent polling we have. A farther left candidate like Elizabeth Warren is a pyrrhic gesture and won't reshape his policy much more than the leftist voices already have.

Kamala's history as AG is a problem (probably the only thing that prevented this from being a slam dunk), but she's beens saying the right things in the last 3 months and I think Trump's campaign is too stupid and confused to use it. It'd probably backfire anyway since the most important demographic of votes for Biden right now is displaced suburban whites.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
as a non-american looking from the outside in, this whole democratic ticket feels bizarre given how things have gone down in recent years, and what you would expect based on that from what is supposed to be the sane party: a potential sexual abuser and a former cop.

as a non-american, you should probably do some current research into the Tara Reade claim.

Really people?

Wordballoons

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
She's better than Biden and everyone should take note of that. It's hard to be too exasperated when the bar is already so low, but it is not great for the future prospects of your country.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
When was Harris super impressive during the primary debates? She had one good segment / soundbite and that was going at the guy she's on the ticket with for being a segregationist.

Primary debates are different. She was up there on a stage with people who she mostly agreed with on +90% of policies and in terms of ideology more broadly. Look at her when she goes up against Republicans in Congress to get a better preview of how she will be with Pence.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017

except the allegations against Biden had zero credibility so you know and Kamala a cop. Okay

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So her voting record is one of the most progressive in the Senate

But others in here calling her a moderate or this being a pick to satisfy moderates

These two things can't both be true