• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Congrats folks... truly brilliant political strategery from the same geniuses who think Bernie would win the reddest of states in the general just because he won every county there in a primary...

Honestly the biggest ideological differences between Crime Bill Biden and Copmala Harass is probably that one of them was vice president for 8 years so I don't understand the mindset of people who are in on Kamala specifically because she's the only one who'll put Biden in his place

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lmfao let's see if he's wrong about Harris dropping out meaning that Biden will win and or all of "South Carolina, the South, and the nomination."
We'll find out soon enough.

Dude, if Biden was going to win Haris's 4% wasn't going to affect anything. And since you were asked this before, how exactly is Harris's drop out Sander's or the mystically powerful Bernie Bros' fault?

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
I would be interested to hear the rationale for why Kamala, specifically, was the candidate positioned to win black support from Biden, when she had so clearly failed to do so already.

Oct 25, 2017
I love the internet
A candidate polling at, what, 5% drops out because she didn't raise enough money to keep the campaign going.
"Thank you SANDERS, well done for FORCING her out"

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
I love the internet
A candidate polling at, what, 5% drops out because she didn't raise enough money to keep the campaign going.
"Thank you SANDERS, well done for FORCING her out"
It was Bernie's fault that Clinton lost in 2016.
It was Bernie's fault that Kerry lost in 2004.
It was Bernie's fault that Gore lost in 2000.
It was Bernie's fault that the Dreamcast failed.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
She would've been my candidate had she promised to arrest Trump immediately after the inauguration. That door to my heart is still open.

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
EK4bNz4WoAA_lri

Tiger Priest

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
New York, NY
Yeah, she ran a terrible campaign and may have even poisoned the well for future runs. I could see her being chosen for AG though since her seat is safe D.

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017
Damn

I was hoping she'd at least stay in until Iowa. Her voters would probably mostly fall in line with Biden or Buttigieg. Oh well, at least it's one fewer person at the next debate stage.

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017
really telling that the same people who complain about no longer having a "diverse candidate pool" also seem to love suggesting that it's the nefarious plot of a jewish man and his minions

like... come on, you gonna make cartoons with him holding the puppet strings of tulsi gabbard or something?

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
really telling that the same people who complain about no longer having a "diverse candidate pool" also seem to love suggesting that it's the nefarious plot of a jewish man and his minions

like... come on, you gonna make cartoons with him holding the puppet strings of tulsi gabbard or something?

Aren't you the first person to mention Judaism in this thread?

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017
Aren't you the first person to mention Judaism in this thread?

you're smarter than this, and everyone knows it (especially you)

the repeated insistence that sanders and his supporters are responsible for everything bad that happens to any candidate in the race strikes a certain tone, and it's ridiculous to pretend otherwise

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Why is this thread claiming Bernie tanked Kamala?

I still think Kamala's great but she had horrendous campaign management that tanked her.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
it's hard to divorce the conspiracies often spouted about Bernie from his ethnicity given how much they flirt with age old stereotypes and often times just straight up adopt them

Can you give some examples of the allusions to such stereotypes in this thread? Anti Semitism is a scourge that must be dealt with. If there are people engaging in that behavior we should root it out and report it!

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can you give some examples of the allusions to such stereotypes in this thread? Anti Semitism is a scourge that must be dealt with. If there are people engaging in that behavior we should root it out and report it!

personally haven't seen it in this thread just not surprised it would cross someone's mind with all the "it was Bernie all along!! his grand plan!! his rapid supporters!!"

but again I have no examples from this thread

the lamentation about the diversity of the field now that kamala's out does speak to the total erasure of Bernie's identity, boiling him down to nothing more than yet another old white guy has been a little ehh but I get it

the fixation on his wealth, literally counting his money (omg a $700 jacket!!), continually suggesting he's a grifter, the whole debacle about his taxes and the insistence that he was hiding something shady, that's more what I've seen

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017

I still think Kamala's great but she had horrendous campaign management that tanked her.

Sanders is apparently blamed for all strife outside of the GOP it seems. He's the ultimate spook woke social media accounts try to """""expose""""" as the problem maker, not the problem solver.

Deleted member 14459

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It was Bernie's fault that Clinton lost in 2016.
It was Bernie's fault that Kerry lost in 2004.
It was Bernie's fault that Gore lost in 2000.
It was Bernie's fault that the Dreamcast failed.

Yes. People are literally reproducing discourses of antisemitic canards and jewish conspiracy rhetoric and are completely oblivious to this...

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017

so, in an effort to respond in good faith to this.

one of the most pervasive stereotypes regarding jewish people (and especially older jewish men) is that they secretly control everything. this pops up all the time, most notably on the right with all the anti-soros shit. I don't think this is quite that severe. however, it is (or should be, at any rate) incontrovertible that the narrative of "sanders made the bad thing happen" falls into the same bucket. you don't need to literally say "bernie sanders, the jew" to be antisemitic. you don't need to say "bernie sanders, jewish geppetto" to suggest that he's taking some role as puppetmaster, and his minions are doing his bidding.

at the end of the day, posts that suggest "the berners" somehow caused kamala harris to run out of money or be a terrible candidate aren't something I'd call offensive or even intentional. however, I do find them to err far too close to anti-jewish stereotypes for my liking. she fucked up all on her own, and we don't need to traffic in weird conspiracies to try and explain it.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
you're smarter than this, and everyone knows it (especially you)

the repeated insistence that sanders and his supporters are responsible for everything bad that happens to any candidate in the race strikes a certain tone, and it's ridiculous to pretend otherwise

I'm actually really dumb. Have you seen a pigeon in the wild? Intelligence is not among their survival strategies.

What I'm reading you saying here is that you think it's anti-Semitic to think that Bernie Sanders, a prominent politician who mounted a very successful primary campaign three years ago and was widely considered a likely frontrunner for this primary, who has such a significant influence over the Democratic Party that pundits routinely name an entire notional "wing" or "lane" of the party specifically after him, and who is so well-known for challenging other Democrats and attempting to influence the direction of the party that he literally founded an organization specifically to do so, might be able to influence somebody else's campaign in the race in which he is currently running.

I am not sure I agree with that! I think it is pretty dumb to think Bernie caused Harris to drop out, and speaks to a certain level of post-traumatic stress that some people should probably try to engage directly rather than posting through it for literally years, but I feel like those people have perfectly sensible reasons to hate and fear Bernie that don't necessarily have to be about anti-Semitism.

Maybe I'm wrong!

edit: I cross posted you and haven't read your last post yet!

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado

Congrats folks... truly brilliant political strategery from the same geniuses who think Bernie would win the reddest of states in the general just because he won every county there in a primary...

How did this narrative that Harris was "forced out" even come to be? No one forced Harris out. She ran a horrible campaign, she backtracked on her one big moment vs Biden in such a way to make her look like a massive hypocrite and opportunist with no real values, her campaign staff was basically in revolt, and she never carved out a policy position or platform that would separate her from the other two dozen candidates.

So who, exactly, "forced" her out?

Oct 26, 2017
UK

It's especially weird because I imagine those who assumed Kamala was a good candidate are probably more likely to jump to Warren because they think she's good for similar reasons.

Last edited: