• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
latest

Kaguya was the final antagonist to appear in Naruto and man, she was just awful. There was no build up to her existence, she came out of nowhere and hijacked the plot to make things even more confusing and dragged it out. Not to mention that she has like no personality and no personal connection to any of the heroes, making her feel more like an obstacle to overcome than an actual villain. I disliked her when she first appeared and still dislike her now

Nickgia

Dec 30, 2017
I got through a bijillion chapters reading this stupid ninja war. Finally, let's wrap up Naruto.
NOPE.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
She was awful. It felt like she was just introduced because Kishimoto couldn't think of a way for Madara to actually lose, so he just introduced a stronger villain with a very convenient weakness

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
Before anyone comes to shit up this thread with other suggestions being worse:

The OP isn't saying she IS the worst. She is one of many. They're correct.

To be fair though: the back end of Naruto was a trainwreck.

May 30, 2018
Anime should've ended after he beat Pain tbh, that was a perfect spot

He beat his sibling disciple, avenged his master after surpassing his technique (Rasengan and Sage Mode) and protected his village after it got nuked and overwhelmed, and basically became the Hero he always dreamed about

Pain being the real big bad would've made so much sense, Idek who the character in the OP is, what a misfire lol

Oct 26, 2017
One of these days I will finish Naruto. I think I got to Bushy Brows unlocking all gates against Madera then ran out of episodes.

Oct 30, 2017
A lot of villains were just wasted on Naruto. You built Madara for god knows how long and that was how he went? Just for a random new villain? LMAO.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
She's barely a character. She's just such an obvious "tool" Kishimoto had to deploy because he'd reached a dead-end. I wouldn't even list her among actual villains.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
For a second I thought OP was talking about the villain of the second Inuyasha movie, lol.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
Yes. She was a worse final boss than Obito who was worse than Madara who was worse than Pain. It just kept on digging.

I'm currently watching Boruto and while it's not as bad as I thought, continuing this Otsutsuki bullshit is such nonsense.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I can't remember but when she was introduced was that when they revealed that Neji was right all along at the chunin exams all those years ago?

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
No lies detected. Kaguya was awful. And the Boruto Manga is continuing the trend of shit villains. At the very least the anime has a few fun filler villains.

Oct 25, 2017

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Probably the worst for me considering she's the ENDGAME villain (unless you count Sasuke). So little build up, stupid chosen one shenanigans, effectively weaker than the previous villain (technically she should be stronger, but she sure didn't display shit), AND no personality to boot.

Last edited:

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Written in almost entirely because the real final boss of Naruto was made too powerful to actually beat. So they had this alien god show up to brush the actual villain aside and then she is beaten by harem hijinks.

Kerwop

Dec 15, 2017
She didn't seem particularly powerful either. Madara would have been a much more interesting fight.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't the only reason it got to that absurd point in the first place the editorial interference from Jump?

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
The Boruto series is attempting to give Kaguya's clan more of a backstory, but it just reveals how bonkers Kaguya is as the end game villain of Naruto.

T0M

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 13, 2019
People still watch Naruto after the Chuunin exams arc? Now that's shocking.

I just can't get into super long lived anime after a certain point. Feels like the catch up isn't worth it.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Kaguya? Awful? How cute.

191319.jpg

I know what you are talking about but I'd much prefer to discuss the superior Kaguya.

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't her family the entire basis for all major villains in Boruto now? Seems silly they went all in on her like that.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I want to watch, but I heard it ends in a tie, which really bugs me. How does Sasuke put up a fight with Naruto by the end of the show?! Maybe it comes off better watching.
It doesn't really end in a tie but yeah just watch it. It does about as good a job as it can to explain how Sasuke makes up the power gap, as looney tunes as it is. The good part is that they pretty quickly get the megazord portion of the battle over with and transition to a fisticuffs brawl like we've longed for for so many years. It's a hell of a scrap. Not the best fight in the show but it's up there.

mhi

Jun 11, 2018
Isn't her family the entire basis for all major villains in Boruto now? Seems silly they went all in on her like that.

Pretty sure she was added in as a bridge to Boruto. If you look at her dialogue, she keeps hinting at not being the only one of her kind and other aliens being after her. The jig was up after one of her kids went to 'live with her on the moon' after sealing her.

Wariobenotware

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 2, 2020
Obito was bad
Madara was bad
Black Zetsu was bad
Sasuke was bad
Kaguya was bad

Naruto had a really long list of shitty villians for the final arc.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
the last good villain in Naruto was pain, or danzou if you consider him a main villain but he never thought against Naruto directly

Obito and Madara were pretty fun, and Sasuke's final fight is awesome. But yeah, the whole final arc is a mess.
Madara was a fun opponent but a bad villain, Obito was better before the mask was broken, Sasuke's final fight was cool but him fighting Naruto after all that makes no sense.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't really end in a tie but yeah just watch it. It does about as good a job as it can to explain how Sasuke makes up the power gap, as looney tunes as it is. The good part is that they pretty quickly get the megazord portion of the battle over with and transition to a fisticuffs brawl like we've longed for for so many years. It's a hell of a scrap. Not the best fight in the show but it's up there.
Bigger question is how the hell Naruto won, considering:
Sasuke had the power of the 1-8 tailed beasts, yang-kurama, and absorbed the last of yin kurama's chakra from naruto. Plus, Naruto fought during the ninja war for far longer than Sasuke, too. While Sasuke was resting his eyes, and chatting with orochimaru and the kage, Naruto was molding his chakra to literally every ninja in the entire army in real time, fighting kage-level opponents, taking out all the zetsu by himself, and dealing with the 2-7 tailed beasts.