• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Coverly

Oct 28, 2017
It's a crime that everyone from Queendom 2 had a comeback since the show (with Hyolyn releasing hers next week) and Brave Girls has gone MIA. I know that the show must've been really taxing, but they've mostly lost any momentum from the show without nothing new since.

They probably wanted to wait a bit with the massive amount of releases of July and August, I bet the'll come back in September.

Going to see the Brave girls next week my daughters are really exited. I asked the kpop store near my work if Brave Girls had a light stick and they said no. What does one do when there is no light stick? Bring one from another group or just wave your hands?

Going to see Dreamcatcher in a few hrs so we bought the light stick yesterday. I have to say the whole light stick as a staff is awesome I wish it came with a cape to match.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdzRaP21FI4

www.youtube.com

G-DRAGON - ‘Can't Help Falling in Love’ (TCB ⚡️)

#Elvis #엘비스 #GDRAGON #지드래곤 #CantHelpFallinginLove

I guess he's going through an Elvis phase so we take these crumbs and deal

giphy.gif

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
They probably wanted to wait a bit with the massive amount of releases of July and August, I bet the'll come back in September.

Yea I doubt Brave Girls want to release songs up against BTS solos, ITZY, Blackpink, SNSD and pretty much every other famous group lol. I hope they do well and I like them but yea, prob better to do September or something.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
This thread is being indoctrinated. Don't fall for the Itzy trap. That whole EP is cheeks.

K-pop listeners always be like "I didn't like this song at first but it's growing on me" about every song they don't immediately enjoy.

This industry is precision engineered to produce catchy earworms, if you listen to almost any K-pop song enough times it will eventually "grow on you" and get stuck in your head. Doesn't mean you actually like the song.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
That's a hard pass on that Hyolyn song for me. During Queendom she had incredible stage presence and charisma and none of that comes through here. It just feels super low energy and totally forgettable.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
That's a hard pass on that Hyolyn song for me. During Queendom she had incredible stage presence and charisma and none of that comes through here. It just feels super low energy and totally forgettable.

Agreed, she went back to her recent-ish concept that's not my cup of tea, I was hoping for a mature, strong concept after her LOONA So What/PTT performance.

Jan 13, 2020
She's a great dancer, but I didn't find a single comeback that's really memorable. But whatever, dancing-wise she's at the top-level.

gunlovefiction

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

View: https://youtu.be/juQvizeZJFM

Gonna be honest, this is the first Stayc title track to miss the mark for me. There is also something bizarre going on with the sound mix that I can't put my finger on. The rest of the EP is pretty great though, Stayc usually has solid b-sides but these ones are better than usual.

Edit: That Run2U remix is INSANE wtf

Last edited:

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
The STAYC mini isn't bad, but it's pretty generic compared to their usual output, which is often a bit more experimental sounding imo. The RUN2U remix is my favorite song on the mini.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the title track is boring and disappointing. Hopefully there's a Young Luv masterpiece b-side.

Oct 25, 2017
Beautiful Monster is prob my third favorite title track from Stayc after ASAP and RUN2U. LOVE might be my favorite B-Side of the year

Last edited:

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Alright after a couple listens, LOVE is the standout song on the EP, with the RUN2U remix coming in second. I LIKE IT would be better without the bubble sound effects. Beautiful Monster is the worst song on the EP and I think it's the acoustic guitar that I don't like. I don't mind it at the beginning of the song and in the final drop, but the other parts of the song just kills all the momentum.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Beautiful Monster is fine for now, it may grow on me as time goes on. Didn't like Run2u at release and that really grew on me after the fact.
Second weakest title track for now, with ASAP holding that title by quite a distance.

I also agree that Love is the best track on the EP. Overall I do like the release.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Love is the best song on the mini, but it's no Young Luv. It has some interesting instrumentals which my XM4 makes them pop.

Beautiful Monster is fine for now, it may grow on me as time goes on. Didn't like Run2u at release and that really grew on me after the fact.
Second weakest title track for now, with ASAP holding that title by quite a distance.

I also agree that Love is the best track on the EP. Overall I do like the release.

I know opinions and all, but what?

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
So Garam is removed from the group.... sucks that everything had to go down this way but in the end I think this was the best decision to make for her, and the future of the group.
Love is the best song on the mini, but it's no Young Luv. It has some interesting instrumentals which my XM4 makes them pop.

I know opinions and all, but what?
Sorry about that, I didn't mean to be a troll/contrarian. I just think it gets annoying after a few listens whereas their music holds up (especially stereotype)

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of shocked HYBE actually went through with it considering how defensive they were initially. It's the right call.

Kind of feel bad for Garam that her entertainment career is pretty much over at the age of 16.

OP
OP
NameUser

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
These bullying scandals always confuse me. It's wild cause it's such a hard thing to prove sometimes. Don't know the details of this one.

Oct 25, 2017
These bullying scandals always confuse me. It's wild cause it's such a hard thing to prove sometimes. Don't know the details of this one.
This was one of the worst ones we saw, with a lot of damning evidence from the accusers.

Kind of shocked HYBE actually went through with it considering how defensive they were initially. It's the right call.
Yeah, not a good look from them. I understand wanting to protect and defend their idols but *maybe* threatening accusers before most of the evidence comes out wasn't the best idea. This will for sure change how companies background check their idols before debuting. Such a bad situation for everyone involved, especially for a 16 year old girl who lasted only 7 days in the industry

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
While I don't condone bullying in any shape or form, but this instance and the Soojin one happened when the girls was 12 years old. I am not of the opinion that someone should have to give up their careers and lives for something they did at 12

OP
OP
NameUser

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
While I don't condone bullying in any shape or form, but this instance and the Soojin one happened when the girls was 12 years old. I am not of the opinion that someone should have to give up their careers and lives for something they did at 12
I agree, unless it was totally monstrous. Hope she came from a wealthy family, cause I'd not she'll probably be pretty depressed that she blew her shot. SK is extremely unforgiving.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Something you did as a 12 year old shouldn't have any bearing on your career,in my opinion. Bullying is not okay, but this seems extreme.

Something done as an adult, like the Irene scandal from some time ago, is much worse in my book.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/kchartsmaster/status/1549764231775621120?t=GSc1Podi6HWQ5IPGrdVvuw&s=19

www.nme.com

The 15 best K-pop songs of 2022 – so far

The 15 best K-pop songs of 2022 so far come from STAYC, Nayeon, Tomorrow X Together, LE SSERAFIM, Stray Kids and more – see the full list

The fact that Tomboy isn't on here when it was killing for weeks on end is some bullshit. Two mediocre StayC songs on this list shows you this list belongs in the trash.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited: